It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up Close and Personal With a Great White

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The title speaks for itself. Really kewl and interesting video, IMO. For others who may find it interesting; enjoy.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

F that, I live in south fl and have seen the speed of sharks in the water in action. You truly have to see them in action when they are attacking to really appreciate the power and speed they have.

If it wanted to without out a doubt that shark could have done some damage regardless of the spear stick.

That guy crossed into the fine line between major cojones or stupidity.

Cool video nonetheless.

BTW, here is a cool site that lets you track them and see where they have been. Some include pics and videos.

www.ocearch.org...

edit on 17531America/ChicagoTue, 12 May 2015 23:17:45 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
He's got more balls than brains.
If a great white circles and then disappears you are in a bad place.
They will dive deep and then head straight up at their target at very high speed.
That spear may as well be a salad fork for all the good it's going to do.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I watched a documentary about a 60' shark off South Africa that has sunk a couple of boats and they think it is a Great White. It has learned to be still pointing up vertically near the bottom and taking out prey because it is too large to sneak up on anything. Even when the waters have multiple 15'-25' Great Whites, when this one comes near they all disappear off sonar. This guy is going to meet a terrible end one day. The lady had the right idea. I live in Florida and fish the Keys every summer. The sharks of different species are getting bigger than normal.

There is a 22' Hammer Heard called the Harbor Master that goes between the Bahama's and the East Coast off Florida. He was tagged by a research biologist because he was so unusually large. The biologist was taging other shark species and wasn't interested in Hammer Heads. This Harbor Master came in toward a diver spear fishing and took the fish right off the spear. This guy is not too bright.

edit on 13/5/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse
I would love to know the name of the documentary that you mentioned. It wasn't the show about the fake shark called Submarine on Discovery, was it?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Sometimes stupidity is disguised as bravery.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

F that, I live in south fl and have seen the speed of sharks in the water in action. You truly have to see them in action when they are attacking to really appreciate the power and speed they have.

Yeah, I feel you! That guy had some cohonas made of steel. Great whites I heard are the fiercest killing machines out of all the animal kingdom. Numero uno predator since the dinosaurs age and buddy was holding just a spear. I chuckled at the other diver on deck when she refused to get in the water. Don't blame her.

Thank you kindly for the cool link.

Have a nice day!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
Great whites I heard are the fiercest killing machines out of all the animal kingdom. Numero uno predator since the dinosaurs age and buddy was holding just a spear.

Killer whales are recorded as snacking on great whites.

That said, I cannot help thinking this type of macho behaviour is courting with disaster. Like walking up to a lion - it may ignore you and walk away, or it may not.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There are a pods of killer whales that cruises a certain patch of ocean down along SoCal and Central America I think it is that have shark hunting as part of their cultural repertoire. Everyone knows about the killer whale and the great white, but this link shows them taking out a large tiger shark.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you for sharing that video of the Killer whales attacking a Tiger shark, it reminded of the BBC Planet Earth segment where the two Killer whales were toying with a seal by playing catch with each other (tossing it into the air like a ball) before actually killing it.

top topics

join