It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any dumb blondes still in existence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
First of all, I'm sorry to have tricked any actual dumb blondes into clicking this, it was not my intention, but just know, some of us value your place in the world...and as a movie producer, asking you to post your contact information and swimsuit portfolio is completely legit.

But seriously, I think many of us have noticed that almost without exception, American TV, movies, articles written by authors, articles written by millennial know-nothings, etc. all strive to show women as super heroes or at the least better than any mere male. For example, pick almost any sitcom, all the men are idiots and all women are smarter, braver, and more recently stronger and faster, but always are "really in charge". I understand it's fantasy, but it does get a little tiring after I'm through laughing.

So I couldn't help but wonder, are there ANY dumb blondes left in media? Increasingly there are times when I just want a pretty blonde to parade around and do nothing except look good while blathering on about something completely superficial vs some recently entitled feminist who also blathers on about nothing but somehow makes it feel 10x more annoying. Chrissy from Three's company, I miss you babe.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Paschar0 because: typos

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Paschar0

meagan kelly Lmao? No pun intended

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

In answer to your question,no there are no dumb blondes. But cheer up,there are plenty of totally stupid people to keep you entertained out there.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You can always dye your hair.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing you don't watch too much news.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Thank you Ms.

edit on 12-5-2015 by Paschar0 because: whatever

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Are there any dumb blondes still in existence?

No, they have been phased out, but dumb misogynists abound.

Hey, hey, hey wait...here we go...

Q: Why did God give misogynists 2 more brain cells than horses?

Go 'head, guess...

edit on 12-5-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

You're funny, not in the way you think you are, but funny none the less. If you're anything like your profile pic, I don't think you're a candidate but thank you for proving the 10x club is still alive and well.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Nah, I'm way too calculated to be anything other than precisely as funny as I think I am.

No guess?

A: So they don't # in the parade.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think the question you meant to ask was, "Did dumb blondes ever exist in the first place?"

The answer is no.

Thankfully, sexism is on the decline, which may account for your misunderstanding.

To help you understand better, if I made a thread saying, "Are black people still available to buy?" then the body of the thread said something along the lines of, "I remember I used to be able to buy black people, now these days with all their equal rights and stuff I can't! Do slaves still exist?"

I'd be pretty much laughed out of the building.

People here have been surprisingly tolerant to you in this thread so far.

Hope this helps!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So I couldn't help but wonder, are there ANY dumb blondes left in media?

Turn on FOX "news" there are plenty of them there.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They were all hired for reality shows.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Maybe not in the media. But there are plenty in suburbia, USA.
Driving Range Rovers on their husband's dime and contributing absolutely nothing to society.

While I work like a freaking man all day everyday just to survive.
Oops. Sorry. I've been a bitter bi!ch about that subject lately.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
First of all, I'm sorry to have tricked any actual dumb blondes into clicking this, it was not my intention, but just know, some of us value your place in the world...and as a movie producer, asking you to post your contact information and swimsuit portfolio is completely legit.

But seriously, I think many of us have noticed that almost without exception, American TV, movies, articles written by authors, articles written by millennial know-nothings, etc. all strive to show women as super heroes or at the least better than any mere male. For example, pick almost any sitcom, all the men are idiots and all women are smarter, braver, and more recently stronger and faster, but always are "really in charge". I understand it's fantasy, but it does get a little tiring after I'm through laughing.

So I couldn't help but wonder, are there ANY dumb blondes left in media? Increasingly there are times when I just want a pretty blonde to parade around and do nothing except look good while blathering on about something completely superficial vs some recently entitled feminist who also blathers on about nothing but somehow makes it feel 10x more annoying. Chrissy from Three's company, I miss you babe.

You take a 70/80's stereotype and decry it's dissipation, while discrediting women in general in regards to the gender equalization that has taken place since the 90s in entertainment in all aspects of the genera.
As an IATSE stagehand during that time, as well as a professional educator now, your misogynistic view only reinforces my opportunity to educate the future in this industry does not rely on the casting couch.

Find another career before you embarrass yourself further.

For the record, blond, male, polish, drummer. Dumber than a bag of rocks.
Smart enough to see through your fantasies.
The world has moved on.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
From what I've seen, stupidity has no preference as pertains to hair pigmentation.
Fox news bimbos being an exception.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
A blonde dyes her hair brunette, and sets out to prove to the world she isn't as stupid as they think. While driving past a field full of sheep she stops and approaches the farmer:

" If I can guess how many sheep are in this field, can I keep one? "

The farmer reasons that she'll never be able to guess, so he says: " Sure, why not. "

" 247. " She replies.

" Wow! that's amazing. You can have one. " Exclaims the farmer.

After retrieving her prize and turning to leave the farmer asks:

" Hey, if I can guess what color your hair used to be, can I have my dog back? "
edit on 1352015 by IpoopThere4IAM because: grammar fail

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paschar0
For example, pick almost any sitcom, all the men are idiots and all women are smarter, braver, and more recently stronger and faster, but always are "really in charge". I understand it's fantasy, but it does get a little tiring after I'm through laughing.

Bashing men isn't sexist, exaggeratedly empowering women isn't sexist...but you noticing the constant intellectual men bashing has gave you misogynous reputation from some poster! :p

oh and blacks can't be racist.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

In answer to your question,no there are no dumb blondes. But cheer up,there are plenty of totally stupid people to keep you entertained out there.

You've obviously never met my mother.

To answer the OP, yes, plenty in the media. Usually working for Fox News.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Fox News has a lot of female, blonde correspondents/hosts who appear to be as thick as pig s###.

But then again everyone there, regardless of gender or hair colour appears to have been lobotomised so i think that we can't draw too much from this.
edit on 13-5-2015 by skalla because: typo

ETA: Nyiah beat me to it

edit on 13-5-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

Hmm, and skunkape, buster and possibly the rest of the thread

edit on 13-5-2015 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think generally speaking, media is trying to show off the perceived view of society (generally speaking)..the dumb sexy blonde thing has been replaced awhile ago.

That doesn't mean you cant find plenty of airheaded women out there in media. May I introduce to you the Real Housewives reality show. showing a plethora of hair and skin colors on women showing off the wonderful traits of materialist focused simple minded camera chasing women.

Ahh reality tv..you are forever a treasure..that really needs to be buried and lost to civilization.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join