It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M2.6 Explosion - 32km WNW of Winston, Oregon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I added this as a reply to another older thread, but thought I would throw it out as well....as it is a significant distance from the site the other thread is dealing with. I know there is a volcano rolling off the coast of Oregon......But that is a few hundred miles off the coast and USGS(not that we really trust their data, much) is reporting this on the surface.

M2.6 Explosion Oregon

M 2.6 Explosion - 32km WNW of Winston, Oregon

DYFI? - I
Time
2015-05-12 21:43:43 UTC
Depth
0.0 km

Not a lot in the area....

Did some initial research and not finding anything in the area that would even show someone is raising their hand in question from the area.......wonder if it is an instrument glitch.

you would think something that was that large would have caused someone to question it.

edit on 12-5-2015 by pointr97 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pointr97

Hey point. I live so near Winston I can smell it from my front yard. And I got nothing for you. Nothing on local news yet and the only google I can find presents the link you provide and, well, you. If I hear any more I will be back.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

What happened?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

There are 2 more explosions in Oregon. I noticed last week there was an explosion quake that centered on our local quarry. So, I would say they are probably from mining or quarry explosions.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Please keep us posted. I live in CA and we have 7 volcanoes in my area. They say they are likely inactive but look what scientists just found out about the magma chamber of Yellowstone.

I REALLY worry about living on S.A. Fault and very near an active nuclear power plant , I don't need to worry about volcanic eruptions too!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Hey point. I live so near Winston I can smell it from my front yard. And I got nothing for you. Nothing on local news yet and the only google I can find presents the link you provide and, well, you. If I hear any more I will be back.

Thanks Terry, just was browsing and saw it with literally zero information......RSOE shows something smaller up east of Portland.

Misskat is probably right....I'm surprised though that mining events aren't logged and pulled from the report.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You might want to catch Dutchsense, he is a little doom and gloom sensational but, he does keep an eye on equakes and volcano venting. You can find him on facebook.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Thanks for the info. I haven't done the Facebook thing, but appreciate your time and response!

Blessings.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I found his website dutchsinse.com...
Response to Ultralight
edit on 12-5-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Mining explosions or volcanic related ???

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Is this anywhere near Josephine County?

Miners and BLM are having a little tiffy out there.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Is this anywhere near Josephine County?

Miners and BLM are having a little tiffy out there.

LOL......about a 100 miles north of Josephine......but i see where you are going with that one

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Hey you never know!

Good to hear that it is no where near it.
Oath Keepers, BLM and explosions would be a bad thing..

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Hey you never know!

Good to hear that it is no where near it.
Oath Keepers, BLM and explosions would be a bad thing..

Hmm......now that you put it that way.......i could go either way
Still odd, that no one is posting this anywhere....Come on, you would think this would make headlines somewhere....even if it was a 2 min spot on the news between local most wanted and daily add savers spot.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I know it is unrelated but another mystery as I can find zero info, Crescent City Ca somewhere near 5 PM 5/12 I heard a noise (like a quake) and the house shook like they do during a quake. Can't find anything on this or what it was.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm down here in Butte Falls (near Medford) and saw on my USGS map an explosion near Junction City. In trying to find info on it, I stumbled on this forum. Read the above entries. Thought it was strange that this keeps happening around here. I used google earth and you can see that there is nothing out there except a few farm houses.

M 2.7 Explosion - 4km WNW of Junction City, Oregon
Time2015-07-24 20:36:02
UTCLocation44.238°N 123.261°W
Depth0.0 km

top topics

join