It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Train derailed outside of Philadelphia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM

originally posted by: roadgravel
Airlines starts price gouging for plane tickets in NE corridor. Good old America business.

I'd just ride Greyhound. I mean, the people alone on those buses make it an adventure every time. You never know who you'll be stuck next to.

The last time I rode one, I had the pleasure of meeting the future world dictator. Yep, he was telling me his plans for a genetically modified race of apes he was going to produce to take over the world.

I guess he's still working on his plan, as this was a few years ago. It's OK I know that when Lord Monkey rises to power, he'll remember I shared my beef jerky with him on that bus ride many years ago...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:06 PM
a reply to: roadgravel

That link was interesting…

the train was within the 80-mph speed limit on the straightaway leading to the curve.

But instead of slowing down to the curve’s 50-mph limit, the train went faster.

The train was traveling at more than 100 mph 16 seconds before the crash, he said.

Imo, the only thing that can override any safety measures, accelerating prior to the turn is the driver (engineer).

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:12 PM
a reply to: roadgravel

Nine detailers, a piece of railroad equipment used to derail train cars for safety purposes

I would think the trains speed was sufficient to derail it in the turn, precluding the suggestion one of these devices was placed there.

The odds of a (stolen) one being placed right where a train was over speed would be astronomical.

If you have a mind, putting junk on the tracks to derail a train is not rocket science.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
a reply to: intrptr

Yes, I don't see derailers on this one. I lean toward a mistake by who was in control.

edit on 5/15/2015 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:16 PM
Engineer says train was hit by a projectile prior to the crash. Interesting turn of events. Sick of trying to post a link to source so google it.
edit on 43America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicagok_31Fri, 15 May 2015 20:31:43 -05000000003108 by Seek_Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:18 PM
a reply to: UnBreakable

Super elevation, or cant, is the difference in elevation between the two edges, the edges in this case being the outer and inner rails on the tracks. This is done to raise the outer rail that provides a banked turn. Doing this is what permits higher speeds around curves of varying radius. This is aimed to keep flange, the back edge of a wheel, from making contact with the side of the rail. For slower speed trains, i.e. freight, going around these curves helps to maintain contact with the inner rail of the curve. It's just the opposite for faster trains, i.e. passenger or intermodal, going around the curves by helping them maintain contact with the outer rail of the curve.

And that's how super elevation works!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:41 PM
The hit train was a different train. Sounds as though they are checking the wrecked one to see if there was a similar incident.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:34 AM
a reply to: gimmefootball400

With this photo it is easy to see the elevation of the outside rails:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
The Feds have cried WOLF, so many times, that this may be the actual cannid, and slip under the radar. But Bostian's conductor thinks he heard Bostian tell the other engineer in the commuter train that he too had been hit with something.

Back several years, off of Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada, a helicopter was photographing a Russian ship and the ship used a laser device of some kind to incapacitate the guy with the camera. He claimed eye damages and tried to sue Russia, but the numbskulls in D.C. hushed everything up. Fast forwards to last week, and the Russkies may have either deployed one of these, or have let one of their Islamic buddies' secret services use it inside the U.S.A.

If this has been further developed since the Vancouver Island helicopter incident, I would look at it as a "Flash Bang" grenade, but without the Flash and Bang. It would still stun and temporarily incapacitate a person, from a distance, who might crash a helicopter, or even a passenger train, if it was used just in front of a low speed curve.

What's neat about this is that the commuter train engineer notes the hole in his windshield, but no incapacitating effects. Then a few minutes later and three miles away, a high speed passenger train gets both the punctured windshield and Gawd Knows what kind of incapacitating laser beam or high frequency sound burst, which "cold cocks" the engineer.

Now what I'm waiting for is to find out who or what engaged this train's emergency brakes, as it went into the fatal turn. But these Feds have cried Wolf, so many times in the past, that if this one is real, no body is going to take them seriously. But with pulsating laser beams, there should be damage to this engineer's eyes. With high frequency sound bursts, your guess is as good as mine. With an incapacitating gas inside a solid "dry Ice", CO2 pellet, with some small ball bearings in its nose, to break the windshield open, you might as well take a number and wait. Although, it is looking like they felt that they needed to hit the commuter train with a dewatted something to make sure the device would also puncture the Amtrack Passenger train's windshield.
edit on 16-5-2015 by carpooler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:30 PM

originally posted by: roadgravel
The hit train was a different train. Sounds as though they are checking the wrecked one to see if there was a similar incident.

we need to be clear on this , actually there were two other trains that were hit with something minutes before the other tain crashed.

the link above is the latest info.

on the train that crashed Conductor on derailed train said she overheard Amtrak Train 188 engineer Brandon Bostian report on the radio that his train was hit in the windshield

FBI investigating damage to the 'left hand lower portion' of the windshield on the derailed Amtrak Train 188

Read more:
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

earlier we only knew about those 2 other we know something struck the crashed train before it crashed
edit on 16-5-2015 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 16-5-2015 by research100 because: added sentence

edit on 16-5-2015 by research100 because: erased double link part of post

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM

Now what I'm waiting for is to find out who or what engaged this train's emergency brakes, as it went into the fatal turn.

My understanding from the news is that the engineer engaged the brakes.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:52 PM
a reply to: research100

If someone did effect the train, as well as the others, I would bet the FBI will track the person down and that person is in for a serious loss of freedom.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:24 PM
I see three possibilities here;

1. Three separate thugs hit three separate train windshields, independently.

2. A unified group of thugs hit all three in a coordinated spree, hoping for a resulting crash.

3. A group of more serious criminals or terrorists, used the first two strikes to measure what kind of fracturing would be caused by their projectiles. Then when they knew they could "craze" the windshields, they attacked 188 with some kind of pulsing laser, like from my earlier post on the Vancouver B.C. ship to helicopter incident some years back. This third attack was right before a reduced speed turn, but by incapacitating the Engineer, the train zoomed up from a legal 70mph. to over a hundred, before the engineer or an automatic system engaged the emergency brakes.

If this had been done on a straight section of track, it would have been a nuisance. But in the wrong place, it created a catastrophe. This means that these three attacks could very well be a false flag attack by someone in our Gov't, testing out an idea. The South bound tracks at this scene have already been modified to prevent such a runaway train. Some one could have been set down in the wrong place, or went after a Northbound train, instead of the protected Southbound tracks. I'm waiting to see what the Feds do with these three RR windows. If you hear of anything pertaining to optical diffusion, or diffraction, like a pinwheel in an early microwave stove, look out.

If such a weapon is here, it can be used to take out an airliner trying to land, just as easy as taking out a high speed passenger train. So the train may be their "shot across the bows".

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:26 PM
So, story is both the commuter train and 188 were both hit by something. Chatter was heard between both engineers.
188 was hit in the front lower left windshield by something.

Going out on a far limb... In the cockpit, alone and something smashes the windshield, what level of reaction would most likely take place? Startled, with a hand on the throttle, possibly could push it up. And, if you got up to go over and inspect the damage, how long are you distracted? Those, I think, will be scenarios that they would possibly investigate, especially since the engineer is claiming amnesia due to concussion.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 11:27 PM
a reply to: charlyv

actually 2 other trains were hit and they think the derailed one was hit as well...1. another am trak was hit at 9:05, 2. northbound sepia was hit at 9:10 3. our derailed train was hit as reported by an employee, it then derailed at 9:21
edit on 16-5-2015 by research100 because: added senrtence

edit on 16-5-2015 by research100 because: corrected spelling

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
a reply to: charlyv Not so much distracted, as being momentarily stunned, by a Laser or a high freq. sound burst. The cameraman in the Vancouver Island incident with the Russian Navy Ship experienced this disorientation at the time, and then later found out his eyes were permanently damaged.

edit; for the Judicial Watch link to this subsequent legal action.

edit on 17-5-2015 by carpooler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:45 AM
There is conflicting reports about what speed the train was travelling at. Investigators were saying 106 mph.

Witnesses were saying it was going over 100 mph like Nurse Joan Elfman interviewed by CNN. Don't know ho she could tell the speed of a train though.

All in all it looked pretty nasty.

Is there anymore news on this crash? What was the actual cause?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
There is a breaking story on Drudge, about a flight crew getting zapped by a green laser beam and both pilots needing medical treatment. I still say the "crazing" or spider webbing from a mechanical projectile, on the windscreen would act something like a Fresnel lens in reverse, and scatter any such light beam, ultra violet, or infra red, besides the visible spectrum, around the inside of the train engine's cab. The motion of the train itself, coming down the tracks means that someone standing on the side of the track or on an overpass, would "SWEEP" the entire Engine cab, as it hurtled past. A single small bullet hole wouldn't suffice here. It needs to be a larger impact, which doesn't punch all the way through the safety glass. And since kinetic energy is cumulative, both the projectile's velocity and the trains' velocities would have to come into play, for this head on impact to be correctly adjusted. Ergo the previous attacks on train windscreens that same night, may just have been for this very reason.

This possible solution posits more than one miscreant. One or two to smash something into these multiple windscreens, and then someone else to shine a laser beam into the fractured area of the I-88's windscreen right before the low speed curve. It would have had to be some pain inflicting light source which caused the Engineer to double up in pain, and jerking the throttle the wrong way. I'm thinking of something like a lumen only 'Flash Bang" SWAT team's grenade.

Actually, using a remotely detonated flash bang grenade hidden under his seat, would probably have accomplished the same thing, in this case. But except for some specialized eye examinations, and the crazed windscreen, which survived the wreck intact, there's nothing to show what happened. A radio controlled flash bang would leave plenty of itself, for us to figure out what happened.

The scary part of the Drudge linked laser story is that it got to both the pilot and copilot. So putting an extra man in an Amtrack Engine's cab wouldn't be any guarantee of deflecting this kind of an attack, pardon my pun, here.

edit; spelling
edit on 27-6-2015 by carpooler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:59 PM
National Transportation Safety Board has released a series of photos from the locomotive's "crash cam" from that night.

Crash cam photos

No evidence of a laser being shined or being thrown into the cab at any point in those photos. There is also no evidence that supports the claim of an object hitting the front windshield. It appears by these photos that no one with a laser was ever involved in this incident.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>