It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Suspends Tom Brady Four Games Without Any Proof He Had Role In Deflating Footballs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You're a liar. I could tell you were emotionally invested when you started name-calling in your first response. If you don't think a quarterback that since high school has practice to excel at his level and thrown tens of thousands of passes. Can't tell the difference between a underinflated and regulation ball. There is absolutely no reason to continue this conversation. I play basketball about once a month I can tell the difference in a basketball when it's under inflated.

By the way the reason only one of the balls had proper inflation was it was the kicking ball.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

Also noticed that you had two flags before. Apparently your aggressive Behavior has caused people to remove them.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

You're a liar. I could tell you were emotionally invested when you started name-calling in your first response.

What name exactly were you called in my first response to you? This should be fun. More lies from you.

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Except there is literally zero evidence Brady cheated in any game, ever, and the text messages not only do not show cheating, but they are from MONTHS before the playoffs.

Did you even bother to read the post, or do you simply not care about the facts?

Your response to that was classic.

Could not care in the least about the post.

Did not even read, don't know any facts, but hey you just feel the truth!

Also noticed that you had two flags before. Apparently your aggressive Behavior has caused people to remove them.

Logical fallacy. So can you actually respond to anything of substance, or is all you have to contribute logical fallacies and what you feel is right, facts be damned?
edit on 12-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I play basketball about once a month I can tell the difference in a basketball when it's under inflated.

Except you don't dribble a football.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Okay, here come some facts you don't want exposed.

But there's one thing you may not know. That NFL rule — that calls for each team to supply its own 12 balls for offense — hasn't always been the rule. The change happened quietly in 2006 when two quarterbacks went to the league lobbying for a tweak in the NFL rulebook regarding how footballs were supplied. It garnered virtually no notice or media attention. So little that you probably don't know then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning led the intense effort to change the rules — along with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

And amazingly enough after the rule change the patriots drastically increased their positive turnover percentage.

wanted to compare the New England Patriots fumble rate from 2000, when HC Bill Belichick first arrived in New England, to the rest of the NFL. Clearly, one thing I found in my prior research was that dome teams fumble substantially less frequently, given they play at least 8+ games out of the elements each year. To keep every team on a more level playing field, I eliminated dome teams from the analysis, grabbed only regular season games, and defined plays as pass attempts+rushes+times sacked. The below results also look only at total fumbles, not just fumbles which are lost. This brought us to the ability to capture touches per fumble. To really confirm something was dramatically different in New England, starting in 2007 thru present, I compared the 2000-06 time period (when Bill Belichick was their head coach and they won all of their Super Bowls) to the 2007-2014 time period. The beauty of data is the results speak for themselves

source

Fortunately some analysis along with the NFL looked at all the factors.

Now couple that with the other time they were caught cheating and a sentence is at least justifiable if not as is my opinion lacking.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Okay, here come some facts you don't want exposed.

Except you are wrong.

But there's one thing you may not know. That NFL rule — that calls for each team to supply its own 12 balls for offense — hasn't always been the rule. The change happened quietly in 2006 when two quarterbacks went to the league lobbying for a tweak in the NFL rulebook regarding how footballs were supplied. It garnered virtually no notice or media attention. So little that you probably don't know then-Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning led the intense effort to change the rules — along with Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

So if that evidence of wrongdoing how many games is Manning suspended for? What's their team fine? How many draft picks do they lose?

And amazingly enough after the rule change the patriots drastically increased their positive turnover percentage.

wanted to compare the New England Patriots fumble rate from 2000, when HC Bill Belichick first arrived in New England, to the rest of the NFL. Clearly, one thing I found in my prior research was that dome teams fumble substantially less frequently, given they play at least 8+ games out of the elements each year. To keep every team on a more level playing field, I eliminated dome teams from the analysis, grabbed only regular season games, and defined plays as pass attempts+rushes+times sacked. The below results also look only at total fumbles, not just fumbles which are lost. This brought us to the ability to capture touches per fumble. To really confirm something was dramatically different in New England, starting in 2007 thru present, I compared the 2000-06 time period (when Bill Belichick was their head coach and they won all of their Super Bowls) to the 2007-2014 time period. The beauty of data is the results speak for themselves

source

Fortunately some analysis along with the NFL looked at all the factors.

Analysis is flawed, and is not evidence, nor is it a fact (which is what you claimed you were providing). The analysis is an opinion, and a flawed one. Apparently you only care about anti-Patriots propaganda, but I think we already proved that earlier.

A football handicapper named Warren Sharp did a statistical analysis comparing fumble rates for players who had played for the Patriots and for other teams, showing that the same players somehow held on to the ball much better when playing for the 2007-14 Pats than when playing for other teams. Once I recreated the data set and ran my own analysis, I found that Sharp’s analysis has several fundamental flaws. I also found that a proper analysis of the correct data shows a small Pats advantage but with no statistical significance.

www.shoutingloudly.com...

Daryl Sng, who showed that the analysis by Warren Sharp is like the Jets kickoff unit: garbage coming in equals garbage going out.

insidethepylon.com...

Every other team was able to change ball inflation levels, and were either caught actually doing it, or admitted to it. So if every team is doing it, why are the Patriots the only team benefiting from it if it actually causes what that analysis claims? It's ridiculous. Again, YOU are the only one ignoring facts.

Now couple that with the other time they were caught cheating and a sentence is at least justifiable if not as is my opinion lacking.

Actually they were never caught cheating. If you mean Spygate, what they did was walk the line. They never actually cheated.

Actual league Rule.

No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game. All video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead. Any use by any club at any time, from the start to the finish of any game in which such club is a participant, of any communications or information-gathering equipment, other than Polaroid-type cameras or field telephones, shall be prohibited, including without limitation videotape machines, telephone tapping, or bugging devices, or any other form of electronic devices that might aid a team during the playing of a game (ESPN.com and boston.com).

Belichick's response.

My interpretation was that you can't utilize anything to assist you during that game. What our camera guys do is clearly not allowed to be used during the game and has never been used during that game that it was shot. Once we were penalized, the practice was immediately stopped.

So since the Patriots never used the information during the game they did not actually break any rule, nor did they intend to. They intended to walk the line. Other teams actually DID break the rule, and were not penalized.

It's also another case of Patriots being penalized for something every team was doing. Jimmy Johnson comes to mind saying he did it, he was taught to do it, and it's something many teams do.
bleacherreport.com...

Everything you just posted is a logical fallacy. Why can't you make a reply without using one? What evidence do you have other than your feelings that supports Brady being suspended?
edit on 12-5-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You are so far in denial you don't even realize it. I never said Manning cheated I said Tom Brady did and fortunately the NFL agreed with me and you are wrong.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You are so far in denial you don't even realize it. I never said Manning cheated I said Tom Brady did and fortunately the NFL agreed with me and you are wrong.

Your evidence was him and Manning led the charge for the rule change. If leading the charge is evidence of cheating then Manning is equally guilty. You don't even realize the only evidence you have given supports Manning is also guilty.

If simply leading the charge for a rule change is not evidence of wrongdoing, then please tell me what evidence against Brady exists, I have asked you many times, can you actually offer any?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

And in maintaining your Denial you keep demanding evidence under the delusion that the NFL is a court of law.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

And in maintaining your Denial you keep demanding evidence under the delusion that the NFL is a court of law.

So you admit there is zero evidence, yet support punishment. Why am I not surprised you want Brady punished with NO evidence, and are fine with other players admitting to doing it and you support no punishment against them.

Which team do you like the Patriots keep beating?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I admit no such thing. My decision was firm when I learned that 11 of the 12 balls were under inflated. After all Occam's razor Applied at that point. 11 of the balls were under inflated because the 12th one was the ball they kicked with.

I am also looking forward to that * by the New England Patriots Records because they got caught cheating again.

BTW i'm a Bengals fan I've become quite accustom to us getting beat by everyone.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
None of which has anything to do with Brady, which is what the OP is about. Either present evidence Brady was involved or admit you simply don't care whether he was you just want him punished due to emotional response.

Underinflation is caused by weather. Colts' balls were checked, after the Patriots' balls, which would increase their PSI by as much as .70, and 3 of the 4 Colts' balls were found to be underinflated as well despite the fact they were allowed to warm up before being tested.

Which means at the time the Patriots' balls were tested the Colts' balls could have read ...

Meaning all 4 were underinflated.

So I suppose you want the same penalty for them, right?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Great evidence, four out of four balls from a unlinked source when the colts had 12 balls. You're still grasping at straws's.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Lifelong Bronco die-hard here...

I think he NFL flat screwed the Pats and the reason they did it had everything to do with the P-word: "parity." When the tides turned to the modern era of the NFL, an era in which we have billion dollar television contracts, aspirations to expand into Europe, and the worst team in the league still being valued at nearly a billion dollars, the era of dynasties was no longer desirable and no longer created maximum profits for the league. The league has tried everything they can to keep single teams from becoming dynasties... the schedules which dictate the playoff teams play the toughest schedules the following year, the draft order that seeds teams solely based on their previous season records, the free agent rules and salary caps designed to force teams like Dallas to chose between Dez Bryant and Demarco Murray... all geared towards allowing any team to be wildly successful for a couple of seasons before slipping back into the mix to "rebuild."

Enter the New England Patriots and Bill Belichik. Nothing the NFL has done to try to dismantle the Patriot machine has succeeded. Perhaps including Tom Brady, there is no single player the Patriots cannot replace and be successful with under Belichik's system. If you look at the 2014 team outside of Brady and Revis, who the hell are these guys? They take the best players nobody has ever heard of, make them statistical champions, then watch them move on to another team to essentially play out their careers in relative silence. They have broken the NFL's parity efforts and, in what I can only consider desperation, the NFL is now essentially cheating and tilting the board physically away from New England.

I'm not a Patriot fan and when Denver runs against them, I will be bleeding orange all day... but damn if there isn't a part of me that would love to see the Pats repeat this year purely to spite that idiot Roger Goodell. I'd love to watch him be forced to hand Bob Kraft yet another Lombardi Trophy while Kraft and Belichik stand there smirking at Goodell on national TV.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Great evidence, four out of four balls from a unlinked source when the colts had 12 balls. You're still grasping at straws's.

I thought you said you had been following along? If you were you would know they only tested 4 of the Colts' balls, and did so 13+ minutes after the Patriots' balls. The only one grasping at straws is you, I am posted actual hard evidence, to which you respond with feelings and "you just know".

The officials were in the locker room for 13 and a half minutes, and based on data collected in the Wells Report, a cold, damp football can raise .7 PSI in 13 minutes.

www.msn.com...

3 OF 4 COLTS BALLS UNDER INFLATED PER WELLS REPORT

www.boston.com...

THREE of the four Colts balls tested were UNDER the limit of 12.5 PSI.

profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is exactly what it is. And the fans are every bit as bloodthirsty too. That is why when Aaron Rodgers admits he does it, no one blinks, no one cares, no one investigates. There is a HINT the Pats do it, without any solid evidence, and they all foam at the mouth.

It's hypocrisy. If you think this is so egregious why are you not calling for every other team caught doing it to be penalized? If you think it's so bad the Superbowl win should be nullified why aren't you demanding the Bucs lose their win when their QB flat out admits he did it?

If you can't beat them on the football field look for ways to discredit their wins over your teams, even when your teams do the same or worse.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

If you can't beat them on the football field look for ways to discredit their wins over your teams, even when your teams do the same or worse.

Probably why I feel that way, actually. The Broncos have held their own against the Pats pretty well over the past 15 years.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

So is it three out of 12 or four out of 12?

Because your name calling earlier in the thread I feel the need to leave. I was post banned once for using the same terms that you did. And I no longer participate in threads with abusive personalities.

But you do realize how your claims resonate with an adult don't you? It reminds me of trying to reason with my grandchildren when they claim everybody is picking on them.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Probably why I feel that way, actually. The Broncos have held their own against the Pats pretty well over the past 15 years.

Broncos are always a tough out. I think since 2001 we are actually tied, probably the only team to do that.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

So is it three out of 12 or four out of 12?

Are you truly unable to follow along? Why are you debating me if you don't even look at what I say. I said 3 out of the 4 were underinflated when they were tested. The 13 minute wait time would have allowed for up to .70 PSI inflation to have occurred. That means if they tested the Colts' balls first all 4 would likely have been underinflated. It's not a difficult concept, I posted the actual numbers so you could follow along easier.

Because your name calling earlier in the thread I feel the need to leave. I was post banned once for using the same terms that you did. And I no longer participate in threads with abusive personalities.

Except I posted my reply where you claim I name called you. It never happened. YOU on the other hand called me delusional rather than debate the topic. YOU name called, not me.

But you do realize how your claims resonate with an adult don't you? It reminds me of trying to reason with my grandchildren when they claim everybody is picking on them.

More name calling from you. I post facts, you refuse to respond, you act like a child and then have the nerve to call ME a child?

Do you realize how your refusal to address one single fact, the fact you admit you refuse to read the OP, and the fact you keep bringing up unrelated topics rather than address facts posted, makes you look?

If you can't stay on topic, if you can't reply to facts, if your only response is to bury your head in the sand, tell me you don't need facts because your feelings tell you the truth, and if your only retort is to use ad-hominems such as calling me a delusional child then you should stay away. You are toxic. If you decide to actually read the OP and have a debate of the facts, not your feelings and logical fallacies, get back to us.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Honestly I told you in my first response. I don't even actually care to follow along with your information. You made your motivation clear in the last few post you feel like everyone's picking on New England because they're a dynasty.

Regardless of the fact that were there were dynasties before and no one picked on them. Rationalize it justifie it whatever you choose. I'm sure the NFL has more information than you do.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join