It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help finding this horror movie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It was about a city that had some sort of growing evil, everything was in a fairly dark setting, I started seeing previews of it near the time previews from "The Evil Within" (video game) were showing... Previews of the movie kind of reminded me of this one game called Condemned 2, at least the settings of it did.

m.youtube.com...

For certain, it wasn't the purge... It wasn't this vampire movie where they took over the world. It almost reminded me of Condemned.. The trailer gave me this crazy feel. The only thing I remember is that it mentioned "there is an evil growing within this city".

Help would be appreciated as its driving me nuts

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Maybe this will help you out:

List of Horror Films of 2008

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Yeah I been doing some searching, it's been pretty tough for some reason

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Can you give a general synopsis of the plot? .

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: QuantumDeath

30 days of night?

edit on 12-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

It's difficult because it's been so long ago. I've only seen the trailer several times on tv and the only thing I can remember is that the movie based itself around an unseen evil that was believed to be consuming a city, and there was a scene where everything grew dark in an overshot of the city it was based in.

It really sucks because that's all I seem to remember :/

If it helps, I often got it confused with the videogame title "The Evil Within"

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'll check it

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

The Ruins(2008)?

I just took your "there is an evil growing within this city" quote and entered into Google and that was the first movie that popped up. Hope you find the one you're looking for.
edit on 12-5-2015 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheProphetMark

I've actually seen that one, but it doesn't really fit the the picture. Thanks though.

The trailer was shown on tv, so it should have had a fair budget.. Anyways important on the pc now so I can search faster

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Now I know this may not be it, but while reading your post, the only movie that kept repeating in my head was "Dark City".

Well nevermind, I re-read your post, and you said the trailer was around when the Evil Within was around. XD
edit on 12-5-2015 by Necrobile because: I need to read better >_>;;

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sounds like silent hill.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
FOUND IT.

Amidst my racing mind I came across "Deliver us from evil", but the quotations were a bit inaccurate, sorry guys! This movie has that Condemned 2 feel for some reason.

Thanks for the help though!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

That one is definitely a favorite in my head, hah!

I know it sounded like silent Hill and I could totally see that, but it kept me thinking it was a movie that imitated this game called Condemned 2 to an extent

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Glad you found it. Be warned. The reviews at Rotten Tomatoes do not favor the film.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Deliver Us From Evil wasn't too bad a film. Definitely not a "blockbuster", but not bad either.

top topics

join