It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity as a magnetic force

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Bedlam

Really my computer is all because of Einstein?? Communication?? data transfer??
Which part actually?

Quantum mechanics dictates the behavior of semiconductors. So unless you're into tube computing, there you go.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Which part actually?

Quantum mechanics dictates the behavior of semiconductors. So unless you're into tube computing, there you go.

I have a whole wing on my house for my Univac 1.
On the plus side, I don't require anything else for my home heating needs.

edit on 5/13/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanormalGuy

You're gonna like this. There is a company who could help you or anyone that wants to try what they have experimentally.

There is something that came out a few years ago that has improved greatly recently. They are called polymagnets, or programmable magnets. They can create any arrangement that you can imagine on a nanoscale (custom ones also for relatively inexpensive). You can even get products on their page. I wanted to order a few of these couple years ago to try an experiment with some of their products. This is how they work:

Polymagnets that work as picture holders:

Edit: I wanted to do a thread on this before, but don't have time today. Someone should do a thread on the polymagnets, because I haven't read about them on ATS yet.

Product design with polymagnets:

They will build magnets on the nanoscale in ANY configuration that you can specify, because this company is doing experimental research with them.

Correlated Magnetics Research - Polymagnets

Correlated Magnetics Research - Polymagnets

edit on 5/13/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2015 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Which part actually?

I have a whole wing on my house for my Univac 1.
On the plus side, I don't require anything else for my home heating needs.

I used to have a couple of flip-flop modules from SAGE - built around a pair of 6SN7's. I haven't seen them since the last move, sadly.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

Sooooo.... Your whole theory is just plain magnetism and not gravity.

Example: Gravity will pull on a styrofoam cup, a magnet will not.

How can you tell? Did you ever placed a cup near a magnet as big as the earth?
Ooh yes,... you just did that, it attracts.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Why do you think size matters? The field of a refrigerator magnet totally swamps the Earth's field within a few feet, much less a neodymium magnet.

And neodymium magnets don't pick up styrofoam, either.

Gravity is not magnetism.

It's just not.

Ever have a CRT display? Call that a "proof gravity isn't magnetism machine".
edit on 13-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: dennisarends

Indeed space itself is nothing, it doesn't act on anything.
It's been proven in many numerous experiments that light can be bended with the use of magnets.

Actually, yes, space isn't flat around gravitational wells.

And no, magnets don't bend light.

“I hold that space cannot be curved, for the simple reason that it can have no properties. It might as well be said that God has properties. He has not, but only attributes and these are of our own making. Of properties we can only speak when dealing with matter filling the space. To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing"
― Nikola Tesla

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

According to QM size doesn't matter.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

To deny the ether is ultimately to assume that empty space has no physical qualities whatever. The fundamental facts of mechanics do not harmonize with this view.

According to the general theory of relativity space without ether is unthinkable; for in such space there not only would be no propagation of light, but also no possibility of existence for standards of space and time (measuring-rods and clocks), nor therefore any space-time intervals in the physical sense.

Albert Einstein, 5 May 1920, University of Leiden.

www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk...

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

“I hold that space cannot be curved"
― Nikola Tesla

"I don't believe in the ionosphere"

- Nikola Tesla

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

According to QM size doesn't matter.

Good, then you agree with me. If magnetism were gravity, then a refrigerator magnet would attract ANY mass, of ANY type, and it doesn't. Theory dispatched. Next thread!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

To deny the ether is ultimately to assume that empty space has no physical qualities whatever. The fundamental facts of mechanics do not harmonize with this view.

What's funny here is that the paper denies a luminiferous ether - the one that EM propagates in - but is discussing a gravitational 'ether' in terms of spatial metrics - the curvature of space you so hate.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

“I hold that space cannot be curved, for the simple reason that it can have no properties. It might as well be said that God has properties. He has not, but only attributes and these are of our own making. Of properties we can only speak when dealing with matter filling the space. To say that in the presence of large bodies space becomes curved is equivalent to stating that something can act upon nothing"
― Nikola Tesla
I seem to remember an explanation by Einstein that he didn't think space was really curved, that was just a mathematical expression, but I can't find it. If anybody knows the passage I'm talking about, please post it. I did find this quote where he says that objects are spatially extended, but he doesn't mention curvature here:

" Physical objects are not in space, but these objects are spatially extended. In this way the concept “empty space” loses its meaning. "

Albert Einstein, “Relativity ...”, Notes to the Fifteenth Edition

Albert Einstein, 5 May 1920, University of Leiden.

www-history.mcs.st-and.ac.uk...
Einstein referred to what we now call "space-time" as a "new ether', not to be confused with luminiferous ether where he characterized the differences in your source:

What is fundamentally new in the ether of the general theory of relativity as opposed to the ether of Lorentz consists in this, that the state of the former is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, which are amenable to law in the form of differential equations; whereas the state of the Lorentzian ether in the absence of electromagnetic fields is conditioned by nothing outside itself, and is everywhere the same.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Also just flipped my magnet... Odd, it didn't move a bit. When I flipped my magnet near my tiny other magnet - it moved.

The huge magnet, such as the earth, should have easily made it move.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

A good try, but wrong on many levels. Magnetism is part of the EM force, gravity is a separate force altogether. Gravity is so different from all of the other fundamental forces, that Einstein spent his life trying to unite these forces, but failed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join