It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity as a magnetic force

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

It was Tesla who called Einstein an idiot together with his theories.
And no he was not the only one saying that. The brightest minds of that time agreed with him and was proven in experiments that GR and QM was nothing more than a fairy tale, but all ignored.
Yes Tesla actually did physical experiments, Einstein on the other hand.
I'm waiting for the claim that Tesla was in love with a pigeon,...
The fact that the ether was taken out of account brought up a whole lot of problems, even Einstein, before he went insane, said the ether is real, without it nothing can exist.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

The theory of relativity describes the structure of space time. Its a theory and never been verified...

Except it has. Many times. One of the first: muon decay rates.

So if relativity later turns out to be wrong then indeed space will return to nothing. Telsa who was brighter Einstein and the poster above thought it was bull. . Telsa not only made his own mathematical expressions of the things he brought to the modern world; he tested and conclusively verified them as well. The Emc squred isn't that hard to derive from previous established formula expressions if you know a bit of integral calculus. People who are bedazzled by jargondy physics terms, and lack mathematical ability will fall the Space is curved fluff.

That's "Tesla"

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

dude its midnight here, do u think I give a # about a typo or do you need to have an interpreter to help you in these threads.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: AthlonSavage

It was Tesla who called Einstein an idiot together with his theories.
And no he was not the only one saying that. The brightest minds of that time agreed with him and was proven in experiments that GR and QM was nothing more than a fairy tale, but all ignored.

Only it's all been proved, time and time again, since 1905. And the really neat device you're typing on is a clue that it is correct.

Yes Tesla actually did physical experiments, Einstein on the other hand.
I'm waiting for the claim that Tesla was in love with a pigeon,...

No, he thought it was his reincarnated mother.

even Einstein, before he went insane, said the ether is real, without it nothing can exist.

Citation needed. It's not, you know.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

dude its midnight here, do u think I give a # about a typo or do you need to have an interpreter to help you in these threads.

I'm not the illiterate one.

eta: if you could actually DO calculus, and had studied physics past "general overview of science" in high school, you'd know how elegant the math for curved space is. And how well it corresponds to observation.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

The theory of relativity describes the structure of space time. Its a theory and never been verified. For those who think otherwise link the source. Wait ll link it for you.

en.wikipedia.org...
Your link contains many experiments verifying relativity as much as any theory can be verified. Did you read it?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Really my computer is all because of Einstein?? Communication?? data transfer??
Which part actually?

I will get back to you on the "citation"

edit on 13-5-2015 by intergalactic fire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Seeing as it's referred to as 'The Theory of Gravity' it's just that, 'A Theory'. Therefore anything here in 3D land is plausable.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

The scientific definition of the word 'theory' is not the same as the common definition.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Does your computer contain transistors and/or flash memory? If so, yes, you can thank Einstein for getting the QM ball rolling.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Tesla invented the and-gate circuit, so no.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

The scientific definition of the word 'theory' is not the same as the common definition.

hm ok.. Well this is one slice of information on what a scientific theory is.

www.livescience.com...

A scientific theory is a specific type of theory used in the scientific method. The term "theory" can mean something different, depending on whom you ask. "The way that scientists use the word 'theory' is a little different than how it is commonly used in the lay public," said Jaime Tanner, a professor of biology at Marlboro College. "Most people use the word 'theory' to mean an idea or hunch that someone has, but in science the word 'theory' refers to the way that we interpret facts."

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I'm not talking about the invention of the and logic gate. And even then, no, Tesla did NOT invent it.

Semiconductivity is a quantum mechanical phenomenon. Quantum mechanical calculations are essential for transistor technology. We would be piss out of luck without quantum mechanics.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

A scientific theory is:

"a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation".

en.wikipedia.org...

It's not a guess. It's not a hunch. It's not a speculation.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Does your computer contain transistors and/or flash memory? If so, yes, you can thank Einstein for getting the QM ball rolling.
Are you kidding QM was schroedinger's brain child. Einstein should not be thanked for anything really.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A scientific theory is:

"a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation".

en.wikipedia.org...

No it's not unless everything we believe is real Isn't.

Such as the holographic universe. Great book btw.

www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I read this book 10 yrs ago, intriguing to say the least, it really wakes up that dormant part of a person they never realized existed. You should try it sometime.

edit on 5/13/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

A scientific theory is:

en.wikipedia.org...

No it's not unless everything we believe is real Isn't.

Such as the holographic universe. Great book btw.

www.amazon.com...=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

I read this book 10 yrs ago, intriguing to say the least, it really wakes up that dormant part of a person they never realized existed. You should try it sometime.

In the hypothesis of the holographic universe, the universe and everything we know is still "real", but it could simply be that what we perceive as a 3 dimensions of space is actually made up of 2 dimensions of information.

If true, that wouldn't make the universe any less real. It would simply be the way the real universe works.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No, you don't get to change the definition of scientific theory and dismiss observational evidence because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. That's not how science works.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

No, you don't get to change the definition of scientific theory and dismiss observational evidence because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside. That's not how science works.

Who said i was changing or dismissing anything? And why are you getting your gaunch wrapped up in a knot over what i said? Nothing here on this silly 3D plane of illusion makes me warm fuzzy or otherwise. And for the record, science is not a Religion it is flawed like everything else in this place so get off your rocking horse and stop acting like your the demigod of Science and demeaning everything And everyone else who says otherwise. Grow up.
edit on 5/13/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

Are you kidding QM was schroedinger's brain child. Einstein should not be thanked for anything really.

Sorry...try "photoelectric effect".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join