It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What is the most unusual thing you have ever owned?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:28 PM
Not unusual in the weird sense but not stuff you come across everyday.

Two one-sided albums. Megadeth 12" single with laser etching of Vic on the flip side and a recent release of a classic Spock's Beard on vinyl that only takes up three sides so the fourth is a laser etched V(the album title).

Used Neil Peart drum stick. My old friend, who is weird now but still may have it, has the other stick in a used pair from a show in '92. He never throws his sticks out to the crowd so getting them is somewhat unusual. Roadie gave them to us when we asked(go figure) and they are left and right sticks as can be seen from how they are worn.

Two nearly identical Judas Priest picture discs. I say nearly because one has the music of Neil Diamond. No joke.

I, too, own a bobblehead. Craig Counsell from his days in Arizona. Broken bat. He's a manager now. Never saw that coming.

Oh, I also have a Monty Python Sir Robin doll, complete with bloody rabbit. Gotta have one of them.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:24 AM
A 36ft long, 8 passenger, 20ton yellow diesel/electric submarine.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:20 AM
a reply to: nonspecific

I own the H.D.R. device built by Stephen Gibbs, it is supposed to be a time travel device. Hyper-dimensional resonator. It was featured in Napoleon Dynomite.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:22 AM
a reply to: CranialSponge

I had the stuffed koala from Australia as well. Wish I had kept it. It was given to me by friends of ours who had lived there but came back

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:05 AM
Almost forgot... most unusual in current life is we have a beastly large, orange lifeboat from a Russian freighter in our front yard. Was going to be restored but you know how these things go... it became the kids playhouse and now is a great landmark while we wait for the great deluge.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:10 AM
Fun thread.
I have a lot of antiques, collectables, because my grandmother was a hoarder/collector.

But some of the more unusual items:
Suppose to be dino eggs. From a salt mine that is now closed. Haven't had them verified, because I don't know if I am suppose to have them. She got them in the 50's.

Also, a replica tooth from the mammoth that was found in our area. Work happens to sell to a professor that got to work on the bones, so we gave him some free urethane, and he made my sons a copy of it.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:09 AM
My grandfathers kidney stones in a jar.
My fathers tonsils (taken out in childhood) in a jar.

For some reason, in Old New England the folks saved that stuff.
They were in my attic for years.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:23 AM
a reply to: SubSea

Reminds me of that Beatles song. Really though that must be fun to ride in.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: OpenEars123

How and where do you get something like that? What do you use them for?

I swapped them for another half pound sack of left footed kun-fu slipons. It was an easy deal.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:13 PM
I won't be too specific nonspecific, just in case I incriminate myself in some way.

What I have (I'm looking at it now!) is very old and I don't consider myself as 'owning it'. Merely enjoying its company.

So much so that I inserted a tiny clause in my will returning it (and a short explanation) to where it came from. I treasure it and have enjoyed its company all through my life. It is art and has been a meditation aid and grounder through good and bad times.

It is a stone a smooth carved stone from an ancient megalithic site it was probably made around 2-3000 BCE and this for those that are interested is how it came into my life 34 years ago.

I was a young lad and working my first job on a farm beside an ancient famous megalithic site and I was very familiar with the site and its environs in the seventies we used to play in and around these excavated tombs and we knew them and loved them very well.

The perimeter fence was atop a lovely grassy slope and I would stop there on my cycle home in the evenings and enjoy the view and have a sneaky smoke (I was 13 after all) The place would be deserted and nobody would be around. It was so peaceful.

One evening I was doing just that and I noticed something odd at the end of the fence. I investigated and found a small pile of smooth carved stones of different sizes that had obviously been thrown over the fence by someone and were due to be collected when the coast was clear.

So I lobbed them back over the gateway onto the grass on the other side where the guides/caretaker would find them in the morning. I honestly don't remember how many there were 6-10 maybe, I really dunno I wasn't counting I was too busy trying not to let them hit each other and smash upon landing on the far side. And thus I threw them over.

All except the last one...
Like Sir Bedivere throwing Excalibur into the lake I hesitated.
Then went full 'My Precious!' on my little round friend.

And I have enjoyed its company and protected it for thirty four years now. Sometimes when I'm pissed off I look at it and think 'someone made this lovely simple object about 4ooo frickin' years ago', and suddenly 34 years is just a drop in the ocean and my problems seem lesser.

Anyway that's how I came to be custodian of my very old handmade 'rescue stone'

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:03 PM
a reply to: SallieSunshine

Sterling Malory Archer. Lead character of one of the funniest shows that's been on TV the last few years.

To see if you can stream it, click here: Can I Stream It?.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>