It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most unusual thing you have ever owned?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yeah but what is your avatar? Always wondered.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

The weirdest thing I ever owned? Probably this alarming countenance of mine, I would say!

I also had possession of a clock face that my father machined when he took his City and Guilds course in engineering, although I am not at all sure where the blasted thing has gotten to. It was machined out of the back end of a large bore tank shell. Having gone to all that effort, he then put a crappy battery operated movement in it. Even when he was learning engineering he was a lazy minded oaf.

We ended up with it when he left, purely by accident. I am sure the creep would have wanted to take it with him. He forgot though. He also forgot his fathers Bowie knife. Luckily, I have rather a better eye for a good blade than he ever did!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Probably not weird but unusual and sorta cool. Sorta grotesque.

I have a K-Bar knife given to me by a former lieutenant commander of SEAL 5. It's been used twice in Iraq to "Scramble some eggs" You don't want to know what that is, it's gross and has nothing to do with lower body parts or even fancy embroidering on hats. He was going to give it to his son but his son was a little too young at the time and he would be getting a new one anyways next time he deployed so he gave it to me. Even stranger I actually use the thing for cooking sometimes. EWWWWW.
edit on 12-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

"Scrambling eggs" makes me think that it might mean stabbing somebody in the head. I really hope that I'm not right.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Don't feel bad about the name. It's actually a lot better than what my nephew came up with for his pets. He had a rabbit named Bunny and a cat named Kitty. He's a great kid (if 18 can be called a kid) and I love him but naming pets isn't his thing.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

no you are.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
A dinosaur egg.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The picture of it is under my last post. It is probably a ground fossilized or permineralized piece of bone with the marrow hole in it. It's from some big animal, much bigger than a cow.

As to exactly what the animal it is meant to resemble, it is up to interpretation as I have had a lot of people look at it and there seems to be many different animals that people seem to think it is. And they are sure their interpretation is correct. You see what you know I guess or see what you expect it to be.

I guess I will never really know what animal it is supposed to represent, it also might be an indian head with braided hair. I feel that interpretation could also be correct. I see the bunny, and the puppy, I see the indian head, The only one I can't see is what my daughter swore it was, a salamander that lost it's tail. She owned a bearded dragon I think at the time, so that was what she saw. Boy, this really taught me a lot about how people see things differently.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Oh, wow. Just wow. You use it for cooking? I guess it's been sanitized so it shouldn't hurt anything. Still. Wow lol.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

A necklace of skulls carved from ivory. A mechanical adding machine - a true wonder if you ask me. A pair of German Vinyl Club Chairs.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Been re sharpened many times. Used as a digging tool in the garden. And used plenty
Of times in my bbq to move Coals around. It's plenty sanitary but interesting history none the less knowing that it perform as advertised and actually has before.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
A shrine and alter dedicated to the Virgin of Guadalupe.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I have a used coffin in my computer room that I got after my friends mother died they had to get one for a wake even though she was going to be cremated and the funeral home would not buy it back so I had it relined and now it's a conversation piece and a storage spot for my junk.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Got one of those too. Also an excellent tool
reply to: Iwinder

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have a brick from a rather "famous" brothel in Bowling Green, KY, courtesy my ex. He won it at a raffle and neglected to take it with him when he made his exit. Some years later I learned that one of my dearest friends had been a caregiver for "Miss Pauline", the madam of the establishment. I read the book she authored about her days in the world of illegal sex and was quite impressed. Now I'm glad I didn't toss it out.
I also inherited my great-grandfather's shoe last, complete on the original stand. With it are 4 different-sized lasts, all in cast iron. I think it actually belonged to his father but can't be certain. Family oral history tells that the first thing he did when he returned from the Civil War was to make himself a pair of boots. He had walked from the southern part of Tennessee to southern Kentucky with his feet wrapped in rags and papers. He wasn't a cobbler by trade but had that skill in his youth. He did this despite the fact that he had lost the use of his right arm due to injuries he suffered at the battle of Shiloh.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The weirdest thing I have in my collection?

I have what I can only describe as a Jade Heart - It's slightly larger than a typical pendant (about 2 inches), and is made with almost all blood-red jade with some whitish patches.

Now for the creepy part - It almost looks like this was meant to be an amulet; because it was carved into the shape of what I would imagine a shrunken heart would be - ventricles and arteries included. When I first saw it, I was almost afraid to touch it (call me superstitious, but when I come across items like that, I am wary about it). I have never seen anything like it.

-foss

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Great thread. Made me want to share this. I felt though what I wanted to share deserved it's own thread here.

It's about a odd old bottle, water or wine decanter or even more.
Not sure mods if i am allowed to do this but i feel it needs it's own thread. But also needs to be part of this thread.
Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

lol.. don't knock what you can get for recycling that stuff. Back when we had the farm my daughter wanted to make some extra money. I told her to go around and ask neighbors if there was anything she could do to earn a bit of cash.

Crazy, but it was the local alcoholic who helped her. He had been throwing all his empty beer cans into a shed for years since they were recyclable, instead of throwing them away. But since he was an alcoholic, he didn't do anything else with them.

He told her she could remove all the cans from that shed, and the money she made from the cans was hers. It took several trips to the recycling yard in a loaded down truck and trailer.. but she made over 2,500 dollars, and that was after giving me my gas money back!

lol...he got his shed back, and she thought she was rich!
(I think she was about 11 years old at the time)
edit on 12-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Gotta say I am with you on that.

I have a box under my bed... contents top secret.

But no... nothing unusual..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join