It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most unusual thing you have ever owned?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have two giant (>2 feet long) alligator snapping turtle shells. The stranger part is that they were both given to me.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have Weird Al cds. Is that weird enough?
Okay, I'm trying to think of what might be considered weird. The problem with that is that some things I think are normal, some consider weird and vice verse.
I have something like 100 plastic army men that I painted up for a game. I have a leather pouch filled with the type of lead balls that you shoot out of a black powder gun. Don't hit yourself with something like that. It hurts. I have an attempt at a mask made out of pieces of scrap leather. Don't judge me. I was bored and it seemed like a safe activity at the time.
I can't really think of anything else. I'll get back to you on that.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: macpdm

Erotic is using a feather; kinky is using the entire chicken. ~~author unknown

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

As a child, I had a 2 legged dog named Tippy, a one legged turkey named Dinner, and , and for a few years, a client by the name of L .Ron Hubbard (I didn't own him).

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

A one legged turkey named Dinner! That's great. That one really got me laughing.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

MAX POWER !!

Now there was a magazine and owning a copy could fit into this thread quite comfortably

I think of it whenever I see a car that looks like it has crashed through Halfords window.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

He died in a bicycle accident, sadly. He became dinner for our dogs. We also had a pig named Genny.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A Jordy Nelson bobblehead doll ... from his days as a K-State wide receiver.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
When we were kids my little brother found most of a human skull down the ravine at our place. Turns out the land was near the original indian burial island but the site we were on was only for individuals who died of smallpox and were banned a burial in the traditional place.

This was in the early eighties, in the day of Poltergeist too, and my folks contacted the authorities who showed little interest except to rule out recent homicide. He sat for years on my dad's desk which was the first thing anyone would see if the front door was open and his presense was always welcome. In fact, many times i would come home and if nobody was there I'd joke with him about "how was your day?"

Times changed and people got sensitive to such things and our guy was put in a closet for about a decade then eventually plonked back down where he came from in the ravine. He was a nice dude and I'm glad I grew up with him.
edit on 12-5-2015 by igloo because: spelling and grammar

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I suppose I should add that at one point we had over 200 chinchillas.

We gave our son the middle name Sterling.

Yes, after that Sterling.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

How and where do you get something like that? What do you use them for?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
I suppose I should add that at one point we had over 200 chinchillas.

We gave our son the middle name Sterling.

Yes, after that Sterling.

Iused to have a chilnchilla, his name was Collin.

He lived in a cage adapted from an antiqye air dried ham cage that was intended to be hung from a tree. We had the Tv sat on top but when we got surround sound it freaked him out.

I decided to build him a better house under the stairs, in making this I put a three inch nail through my hand and that hurt a lot.

When finally built Collin managed to eat through the stairs and that was an expensive fix.

It's this kind of post that makes me reluctant to talk about stuff as normal people assume your making it up.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: OpenEars123

How and where do you get something like that? What do you use them for?

I do not know wht is more worrying?

The fact that they have them or that you want to know why?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I just thought it was an odd thing to have. It sparked my curiosity.

ETA: Okay, this is really bothering me now. I know I'm going to be thinking all night and wondering what you do with split peacock tongues. Do you eat them? Play with them? Look at them? Then there's how you get some. Dang it.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I've actually heard of under the stairs cages before. And chins are great chewers, so getting through it doesn't shock me at all. Next time you build a custom cage, use melamine boards on the inside. The chins can't get through that.

The only part I could see being made up is the name: Collin. That's a people name!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

I've actually heard of under the stairs cages before. And chins are great chewers, so getting through it doesn't shock me at all. Next time you build a custom cage, use melamine boards on the inside. The chins can't get through that.

The only part I could see being made up is the name: Collin. That's a people name!

The name is what happens when you give a six year old the choice of name!

we had six at one point but why "someone" decided Collin was a good name is unknown although it kind of suited him.

It was always a winner when people visited, "oh dont mind him he's a chinchilla called Colin that lives under the stairs, if you hear a freaky squeaking in the night it's nothing to worry about...."

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

We had two Emu's for a year, they didn't like children which we had 3 of, so they went for sale, they were cute though.

The Emus or the kids? Bwaahaahaa

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have a scrimshaw ivory button that I found on the beach while surf fish off of Beach Haven, NJ back in 1972. It has a tall ship carved into the oval button.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Which Sterling are you talking about?

Sal

a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a prize i won when i entered a contest at a store:
a full size R2D2 ice cooler on wheels. lift his head dome and put ice and sodas in it. actually it was bigger than R2D2 in the films.

an autographed black and white glossy of C3P0, addressed to me in gold ink

a collection of pink panther toys/stuffed animals.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join