It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most unusual thing you have ever owned?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis
I have a 4ft Batman Doll

About 50 stuffed animals

6 really strange cats

and

A wooden pocket knife my father in law carved for me

I find the strangest item listed is the 4 foot batman doll?

It's big enough to be big but not big enough to be full size?

Theres a really posh million pound plus house nearby that has a huge driveway with some massive gates, instead of the usual pillar decorations of horses heads or stone balls they have custom made solid metal 3 foot Preadator's. We always slow down to admire the awsomeness of that!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
There is an ash-tray on my mantelpiece made from the nose-cone of a small shell and supported by four empty bullet cartridges.
Made either by my father or my grandfather, depending on which war it came from.

edit on 12-5-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My great uncle used to go door to door selling Fords. Yes, he sold cars door to door. I still have his salesman "bag". It is a leather bag a bit bigger than a bowling ball bag. It contains brochures, business cards, photos, sample of the tool kits that were included with the cars/trucks and some other odds and ends.

A set of lawn darts from the 70's still in their original packaging.

Various beer signage from the 60's & 70's. (Schoenling, Blatz, Groelsch, Pabst, Pearl)

1967 Rowe/AMI Music Merchant Jukebox. Fully functional and plays 45's.

My grandfather's machete from his time in the Pacific during WWII.

I'm sure I'll think of more. Good thread.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Would a Reliant Regal hand painted in black with fur interior count ?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: IAMTAT

tell the truth.....

Does it say "Made in China" on the back....

lol...no it's the real deal...It's very very old.
Plenty of ATS antiquity experts have tried to figure it out.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: macpdm
Would a Reliant Regal hand painted in black with fur interior count ?

Yes it would in my opinion but as you know, this is ATS.

Pics or it diddn't happen.

Had a half share in a capri 2.3 laser with leapord skin seats and a chain steering wheel many moons ago.

No pic's though as the other co owner put it into some poor blokes living room

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I can't say I own anything unusual.
I do have a lot of strange stuff though.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
There is an ash-tray on my mantelpiece made from the nose-cone of a small shell and supported by four empty bullet cartridges.
Made either by my father or my grandfather, depending on which war it came from.

We had a brass shell as a fire iron and poker holder as kids. You sparked another memory there.

In the early 80's I went to a carboot sale with my mum and bought some bullets from an old lady, they were so cool as were in a link maybe 10 or 12 of them and It was like Rambo.

My dad worked shifts and when he came home he found us trowing them at a wall and enquired as to what we were doing as it were.

He quickly took them off of us with much moaning on our part and took them to the local gunsmith(rural area we still had them back then.)

As you can guess they were live bullets, god only knows where they came from but I think we were pretty lucky given the battering we gave them before my Dad came home.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No pics sadly as I only had it days, my dad wouldnt even allow it on the drive.It was a mates bloody fault as he had a Reliant Robin and persuaded me on a drunken night out to buy it especially as I could drive it on my motorcycle licence.Awful thing looking back.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's not really "unusual", but I think it is wicked cool.... My husband and I were browsing our local thrift store and I heard a familiar tune, walked around the corner and husband was checking out a nondescript jewelry box. He closed it as I walked up. Said "I was thinking about refinishing this for one of the girls". I took it, opened and confirmed that it was playing "Speak softly, love"; theme song from The Godfather. I told him it was mine!

I cherish it, and my kids are fascinated by it, though far from old enough to understand why I was so thrilled by it.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I can't say I own anything unusual.
I do have a lot of strange stuff though.

Go on you know you want to...

Just one as a taster?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have a Confederate bond, complete with blood stains on it. It is framed and hanging in the living room.

It was in my great-great-uncle's chest pocket when he was shot during the civil war.

He survived the gun shot and ended up living on the Florida coast afterward because folks back then thought that the sea air was good for lung ailments, which he apparently had from being shot in the chest.

We have old, crumbling letters between him and his wife - that's how we know what happened.

I don't know if that's necessarily "weird"...but I have always thought it was a neat bit of history to have and keep.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Mianeye
A toilet seat made of actual barbwire, never installed it though

We had two Emu's for a year, they didn't like children which we had 3 of, so they went for sale, they were cute though.

Do you miss them? and was it hard to sell the kids?

How are the Emu's

I've not really laughed like that in a few months buddy!!!

Thanks.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

A half pound sack of split peacock tongues.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

My avatar is a little strange and I even have a picture of it on here with the clay plug still in the hole.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That would be my laptop with access to ATS! Great unusual stuff! I do have a sword from WWII that was Japanese and has an oriental engraving on the guard that is supposedly the name of a Japanese Captain that owned it. I have had it since I was a kid as my father gave it to me. He was in the 82nd Airborne and somehow came across it after the war.

edit on 12/5/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: macpdm

No pics sadly as I only had it days, my dad wouldnt even allow it on the drive.It was a mates bloody fault as he had a Reliant Robin and persuaded me on a drunken night out to buy it especially as I could drive it on my motorcycle licence.Awful thing looking back.

It would be worth a few quid nowadays! A guy I used to deal with put a metro engine in a brown plastic pig years ago and if you blipped it it would pop a little wheelie.

That was pretty cool at the time.
another mate had a skoda back in the early 90's with a body kit and a turbo. If you remember the magazine "max power" it was voted worst modifed car two years running, he was pretty proud of that.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I dont own anything i find unusual, but theres probably some things others might find unusual.
edit on b4444425 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Seems like it would be worth more being made by a serial killer!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can't say weird or unusual sadly.

I do have about 200 old school WWF figurines...

The rigid plastic ones from the early 90s.

The only problem is I wanted to know which ones were mine when we had sleep overs...
So I bit all the noses off.

I wouldn't sell them, but I bet that knocked their price down quite a bit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join