It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'lost 220 troops' in Ukraine - Nemtsov report

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

i dont think your young. your most likely kind of an old dog. one that is incapable of changing your mind or growing in your world view.

borders arent real but that doesnt mean they arent enforced. debt is another example. agreements arent real nor are they enforced, especialy not the agreement between nato and russia that nato wouldnt expand. but that wasnt official so its ok right. i know thats what you love to say.

and i did quite a bit of research. georgia attacked first. the citizens who lost family say this, many georgian governmet employees say this, and that video of the georgian soldiers shooting civiians and laughing says it. hell even BBC says it. about the only ones tha disagree are john mcain and sakashvilli.

"But please show where NATO was just slaughtering civilians?"

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

do you even know what war is? your so concerned about what putin does, i dont see that concern arising for the millions the US has killed in the middle east. or the thousands theyve killed in south america.

and buddy the last thing puttin needed was to fight a war in chechneya. he inherited that war when he came into office. and the chechens invaded russia in the first place.

collateral damage isnt nice but it happens. thats something anyone can agree on. so which is worse collateral damage done by those who start the war and pump money and weapons into it or those who fight it out of necessity and actually make steps to not only end the war but help rebuild the nation who they were at war with.

how about we talk about how much putin has done to help chechnya? or even ukraine for that matter. he could have shut their gas off a long time ago. but no he keeps trying to talk to them. he keeps trying to get ceasefire going. he keeps sending aid to the east. how many displaced ukranians found refuge in russia? im damn sure its over a million is not 2 or 3.

sure putin looks like the bad guy if you look at him in black and white. but dont do that. thats not intelligent. just stop for a second and make a little bit of effort to see things objectively.

putin is no kennedy but hes not hitler either.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: Greathouse

the in sure youd be happy to talk about how much putin has invested into chechnya. and btw maybe look at how many people died in the chenchen war compared to how many have died in the middle east. also chenya attacked russia, what would do you expect them to do? another fun little tid bit is that putin didnt start that war. but he sure as # finished it.

Yes by all means God bless Putin the savior of the world. I have to admit he does have some big ones. Annex the best parts of Ukraine with the most oil and gas reserves. Didn't pay a dime for it then he sent Ukraine a bill. Straight gangster .

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

didnt pay a dime for it? well if you wanna get technical russia has not only been pumping billions into ukraine for a very long time but they let them run up a multi billion dollar gas bill. and they are still selling them gas at a discount!

and ukraine produces jack #. the gas reserves there are only important to the people living there. russia needs ukraine for the black sea(maybe go figure out why that is important) and to confront NATO and block them from taking the last country on the list of former soviet states.

btw they've found american shale extraction machinery in ukraine. so who is it wants the oil and gas in ukraine?

and calling putin savior of the world. thats cute. nice defense mechanism to cover your ignorance of the situation.

please read. please do some research. like i told whats his name, try to see things OBJECTIVELY. either that or forget about all this politics. if you arent knowledgeable you dont need to participate. im not trying to offend just giving some advice.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Ukraine is a sovereign nation and can make their own choices on who they ally with. The fact Ukraine was an occupied SSR is key as to why Ukraine is trying to run fast and run far away from Russia. 50 years of occupation by the Russians was enough for the SSR's.

Have you bothered to ask yourself why these former ssr's want nothing to do with Russia?

As for extraction technology you can find the same with Russia since the US makes the technology they need to extract oil.

Russia doesn't need Ukraine for the black sea considering russia has its own coastline there.

If you are going to lecture people about knowledge of the area then may I suggest you practice what you preach.

edit on 15-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yep everybody was doing business there. That's why Putin took it. And fortunately my opinion is back by all but nine countries in the world.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

great. well i think for myself, so i care not what other countries say.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

So if Russia gives billions of dollars it's to help Ukraine but if the US gives billions of dollars it's to foment a coup? Nice double standard.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

yeah dude ive heard it a million times. soviets were bad so they should be surrounded and their economy cant be allowed to grow. that's a great argument. but i live in the present so it doesn't really fly with me. Russia is a thriving capitalist nation. they are making good investments. the types of growth they have shown are reminiscent of early post independence america. things like giving land away to promote agriculture and stuff like that. they are working on civil rights although slowly but it takes a couple generations dying off for meaningful change to take place, and putin isnt helping the cause much but he will believe what he will believe. maybe the next president can make some things happen. see life is fun when you look at things objectively.

and i don't know what coast line you speak of. but it doesn't really matter. if ukraine was whole and part of eu and nato they could completely block russia from getting to that coast line, build missile defense, and whatever else they wanted to do. they could have easily blamed russia for something and started patrolling the black sea. and it wouldnt take much because all it seems like the public needs for support is baseless accusations(ie ghadaffi was a dictator, assad used chemical weapons, iraq cuz 911 just because, and so on) what good is a coast line if you cant get to it? go ahead and tell me that russia shouldn't worry about that because NATO is good, as you are like to do.

Russia doesn't mess with shale so i dont know why either Russia or Ukraine would have machine to extract shale oil. do you?

and practice what i preach? what do you mean? practice what?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Tell ya what.. maybe you should brush up on facts and geography concerning Russia before you make claims you cant support.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
investigation by Russian opposition activists ? and its supposed to be credible ?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

what? how do you get that? you people hear what you want to hear. both parties wanted the exact same thing, controll of ukraine. one of those parties started a god damn war thats displaced millions and plunged the economy of a nation into a pit of despair. now yes russia is partially guilty of this but the way i see it is they had no other choice, and sitting back and loosing assets is not a choice. and the war would have happened even if russia didnt intervene. the DPR has been a thing for a long long time. a rebellion was inevitable and without russia they probably wouldn't have had much of a chance. but independent oligarchs would have played their part anyway just as they are right now. a lot of what novorossiya have comes from investments from wealthy ukranians and russians alike. weapons would have been bought and sold and there would be no one to play politics on the part of the eastern republic.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

are you referring to the coast line? what does that have to do with my speculation that the EU could have locked them or at least made it difficult for the to reach it? why out of the 20 lines i typed is that all you came up with? objectivity. thats all i want from you guys.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

what? how do you get that? you people hear what you want to hear. both parties wanted the exact same thing, controll of ukraine. one of those parties started a god damn war thats displaced millions and plunged the economy of a nation into a pit of despair. now yes russia is partially guilty of this but the way i see it is they had no other choice, and sitting back and loosing assets is not a choice. and the war would have happened even if russia didnt intervene. the DPR has been a thing for a long long time. a rebellion was inevitable and without russia they probably wouldn't have had much of a chance. but independent oligarchs would have played their part anyway just as they are right now. a lot of what novorossiya have comes from investments from wealthy ukranians and russians alike. weapons would have been bought and sold and there would be no one to play politics on the part of the eastern republic.

Just the fact that you use the term Novorussia tells you you bought Putins propaganda hook line and sinker. They are going so far as rewriting their history books so Putin can be correct. There was no such thing in Ukraine never has been. So if this is your understanding of the geopolitical nature of Ukraine you have been lied to. As far as the west wanting Ukraine please it was Ukraine that approached the EU not the other way around. And there was no assets for Russia to loose in eastern Ukraine it wasnt theirs. If your talking about the naval base in Crimea it was not in any danger it was still under lease and that would not have changed. Russia has a naval base in syria should they be allowed to annex that as well??

This conflict was caused by Russia through paranoia and greed. And they instituted a plan they had long before there puppet government fled Ukraine. Including using the ethnic Russians in the area as pawns in their land grab.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Figured this is interesting can we say cover up. The killers where government employees and now this.

Top Russian Detective Removed From Nemtsov Murder Case

www.rferl.org...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Well Putin has already said the real perps will probably never be found. So...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Well Putin has already said the real perps will probably never be found. So...

They also forced a confession I think that's why this investigator I'd being promoted he found our the truth.
www.aljazeera.com...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

no dude if EU didnt meddle ukraine would still be a peaceful place. so i dont see how its russia that caused it.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

no dude if EU didnt meddle ukraine would still be a peaceful place. so i dont see how its russia that caused it.

The violence in Ukraine would stop immediately if Putin just said: "I will never recognize Novorossiya as a legitimate state, nor will I ever allow it into the RF." That would work, wouldn't it? What are the odds of it happening, do you suppose?

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

the violence would stop? in what world would the violence stop if putin pulled out his support for novvorociya? why do you think the violence would stop? why please just tell me.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join