It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'lost 220 troops' in Ukraine - Nemtsov report

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JHumm

For one the US doesn't have a habit of covertly annexing land from sovereign nations. In any country that has a US base those troops are there are the request of the host country. If they want us gone we'll leave.

More importantly though is that a man was most likely killed under orders from his own government over this information. That right there should make this report worth you time.

The US does have a very bad habit of covertly assassinating leaders, putting in puppet leaders, also funding and manipulating uprisings. We could go down the list of South and Central American countries the USA has done this with. We can also look at the ties to Asia-Pacific countries as well as recent Middle Eastern/North African.

The USA and Russia both have very bloody hands. I will not defend either of them. I live in America, therefore I will be MUCH more critical of my government who merely pretends to be the "good guys."

If being critical of my government means I'm a Putin apologist then I'd hate to see the warped definition of patriot.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

All hail Vladimir Putin the hero of Chechnya!!!!

^^^^^ in case no one can tell that is probably the most sarcastic reply I've ever given.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
a reply to: dragonridr

semantics. putin was succesful in what he was trying to do and none had to die because of it. but no isnt something western intrests like hearing and now people are dying.

Just him taking power cost hundreds of loves in Moscow. He killed women and children bombing Russians in their beds with the children. Even Hitler when he used this tactic only 4 people died in a trial. Putin has taken it to hundreds to get onto power. Sad when even Hitler tried to make sure Germans were not hurt in the Fire. Putin uses bombs and destroys entire apartment complexes. Through in there what he did in Chechnya because of this and we are talking thousands. He purposefully launched a blister missile on the middle of a market killing women and children shopping. He has no concern for human life at all.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

I live in America, therefore I will be MUCH more critical of my government who merely pretends to be the "good guys."

And if you look close enough...many of us feel the same way.

If being critical of my government means I'm a Putin apologist then I'd hate to see the warped definition of patriot.

Being critical of your government doesn't make you a Putin apologist...being a Putin apologist, makes you a Putin apologist.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

see once you get a little older youll realize that borders dont exist.

I am guessing you think I am young and don't understand the world around me...to be so clueless.

You say borders aren't real...let's see you try and cross the Russian border without the right papers and see how well your "borders aren't real" works for you?

georgia and nato got uppity and slaughtered a bunch of peaceful citizens and soldiers and russia stomped their heads in. i dont care about your opinion, im only concerned with whats actualy happened.

Seems you aren't really concerned with what really happened, because if you were you would actually research what happened and not just make your own assumptions.

All Russia did is get involved in an internal country dispute because they didn't like the fact Georgia was wanting to be part of NATO...which sounds a lot like Ukraine. But please show where NATO was just slaughtering civilians?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WCmutant

Why can't we have a thread critical of Russia without criticism of the US? I'm sure most if not all members in here criticize the US government. Something like 75% of topics on this site are devoted to criticizing the US. So why can't we criticize Russia on their own merits as well without people trying to justify it by pointing out the US' actions. Have you ever seen anyone try to justify US criticism by saying, "Well Russia does it too?" No. So why is it alright to justify Russia criticism by saying "Well the US does it too?"

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I think they (we) are just pointing out your hypocrisy. Honestly, I support Russian actions in Georgia and Ukraine. It is my belief that they were justified, and did it for the right reasons. Further, Russian actions cannot be considered without the us coming up because most of them are responses to actions most likely instigated by the us.

Lastly, I think it highly likely that most of the world views the us with great trepidation and fear. I believe there is a reason for this.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

What hypocrisy? I'm critical of much of the US' actions. I haven't supported any of their military excursions for the past 20 years at least.

But that's not the topic of this thread. It's the report stating that Russia has lost at least 220 troops in Ukraine despite the Kremlin saying they're not there. What does the US and it's past actions have to do with that?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Indeed.... What those pointing the finger at the US don't seem to want to acknowledge is that at least when the Yanks send in their boys, they don't bloody well try to hide it or deny it like Russia does and, as I said earlier in the thread, usually does so with tacit support from the international community and/or the UN, which Russia does not do either.

The two are not even comparable, so claims of hypocrisy are a misdirection.
edit on 14/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

What those pointing the finger at the US don't seem to want to acknowledge is that at least when the Yanks send in their boys, they don't bloody well try to hide it or deny it like Russia does and, as I said earlier in the thread, usually does so with tacit support from the international community and/or the UN, which Russia does not do either.

Exactly, when we come to town...at least we admit it.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

What hypocrisy?

It's only hypocritical when you discuss Russia. As Russia is the victim here, or did that memo not get to you yet?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You asked an honest question, I gave an honest answer. I May have confused you with xcathedra who I normally debate with on here, who writes anti russia every day, while never criticizing anything the us does. Pardons. Still doesn't detract from what I stated about the fact that our criticism falls on the us because often they are directly involved in the events concerning russia, at least that is my perception.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

who writes anti russia every day, while never criticizing anything the us does.

To be fair he does talk critically of what the US does...it may not be often, but it does happen.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So Nemtsov was actually a US citizen? Those 220 dead soldiers were actually CIA plants? What does the US have to do with the topic of this thread? In case you need a reminder the topic is the report Nemtsov was working on before being assassinated has been released and it identifies 220 Russian soldiers that have been killed in Ukraine despite Russia saying they have no forces there. What are your views on this report? How do you feel about the fact that if this report is accurate Putin has once again been lying about Russians troops on Ukrainian soil? What repercussions do you see this report having in Russia?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

So they May have a couple troops there. They are not assaulting west Ukraine territories. At most they are defending eastern areas under assault. Bravo. No western towns have been attacked far as I know. If they really had a militant presence there they could easily squash the country. At any rate, there are American and British members of IS and al queda. Doesn't mean that these countries are At war with whoever IS attacks.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

So they May have a couple troops there. They are not assaulting west Ukraine territories. At most they are defending eastern areas under assault. Bravo. No western towns have been attacked far as I know. If they really had a militant presence there they could easily squash the country. At any rate, there are American and British members of IS and al queda. Doesn't mean that these countries are At war with whoever IS attacks.

More useless propaganda and deflection. They must send Putinites to a class. They all give the same line. The US is somehow responsable for Purina actions. And of course they know all about CIA. If the CIA was funding all these groups and had all the control they claim Russia would be finished already. But that's just it isn't it the US and the CIA have to be these omnipotent groups that can control every aspect of Russians lives. Because we can't just admit the truth Putin has become Hitler and playing this nationalist game causing people to die.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

No western towns have been attacked far as I know.

It's about time Mariupol, Kharkiv and Odessa are all taken and land connection to Russia is formed. No need to spend billions on making a sea bridge which can be rendered inoperable by one bomb or even few artillery shells.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Propaganda? But you are spouting the Fox news line. Everybody and their little brother is constantly inundated by the Propaganda of how Putin is the New New Hitler. No one in any us media defends Putin. Therefore I submit that all the "Putin apologists" you guys lament get their info from other forms, such as personal research and critical thinking. The truth about the matter is that when you are bombarded constantly by all mainstream sources with the same idea then they are obviously trying to convince you of something that Is likely the opposite of the truth, such as Saddam has wmd, or qaddafi is an oppressive dictator massacreing his people, or the Vietnamese sunk our ship on the gulf of tonkin, or Russians are invading.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

Propaganda? But you are spouting the Fox news line. Everybody and their little brother is constantly inundated by the Propaganda of how Putin is the New New Hitler. No one in any us media defends Putin. Therefore I submit that all the "Putin apologists" you guys lament get their info from other forms, such as personal research and critical thinking. The truth about the matter is that when you are bombarded constantly by all mainstream sources with the same idea then they are obviously trying to convince you of something that Is likely the opposite of the truth, such as Saddam has wmd, or qaddafi is an oppressive dictator massacreing his people, or the Vietnamese sunk our ship on the gulf of tonkin, or Russians are invading.

Well sometimes the reason everybody does something isn't propaganda but the truth. When you look and Hitler and compare it to Putin the similarities are obvious. Rich stag fire and Berlin apartment bombings check. Both fanned the flames of nationalism check. Both invaded their neighbor claiming they were protecting their people check. Both continually threatened to use their military as a negotiating tool check. Both have groups of people running around beating up people in the streets check. Both were funding nazi groups through out Eurooe the similarities are obvious. Think just maybe that's why people make this conclusion?? In this situation looks like History is repeating itself by the way Germany blamed everything on the west to said they were trying to destroy Germans sound fimiliar?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

the in sure youd be happy to talk about how much putin has invested into chechnya. and btw maybe look at how many people died in the chenchen war compared to how many have died in the middle east. also chenya attacked russia, what would do you expect them to do? another fun little tid bit is that putin didnt start that war. but he sure as # finished it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join