It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'lost 220 troops' in Ukraine - Nemtsov report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I disagree there, it's about that port.
The Russians have had a hard on for ever since the band broke up.
EVERYONE would guess that ,but not the land bridge TO crimea through the Ukraine.
It is telling to me that the U kraine underground fought in WWII against the Germans AND the Russians,

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

what does anything you said have to do with russia being successful in persuading yanukovych to not take the eu deal?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

that doesn change the fact kit was a russian protected city? see once you get a little older youll realize that borders dont exist. georgia and nato got uppity and slaughtered a bunch of peaceful citizens and soldiers and russia stomped their heads in. i dont care about your opinion, im only concerned with whats actualy happened.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Yeah if EU and Russia go to war it will create jobs in US for making weapons to sell to the EU. How is that bad exactly?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

yeah? who did you hear it from? the citizens who lost friends and family the day georgia decided to invade them? because thats who is telling that "baloney" story.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I disagree there, it's about that port.
The Russians have had a hard on for ever since the band broke up.
EVERYONE would guess that ,but not the land bridge TO crimea through the Ukraine.
It is telling to me that the U kraine underground fought in WWII against the Germans AND the Russians,

Yes they did now think about this how bad must Stalin have been to have Ukrainians think they were better off with Germany?? Had Germany not double crossed them like they did things might be different like no lenin statues in Ukraine lol.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

I never knew you could invade your own country? And it's kind of cute how you left out Chechnya and Moldavia.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

what does anything you said have to do with russia being successful in persuading yanukovych to not take the eu deal?

I think the point he is making was originally he agreed to the deal with the Eu. than when it comes time changed his mind. Largely because of threats made by Russia. They threatened to invade Ukraine and destroy them financially if they continued. Had Russia not made those threats he would have signed and probably still be plundering Ukraine today. Putin put him in a bad situations but Putin knew what he was doing he knew people would take to the streets. And he knew if his government collapsed they could annex Ukraine's territory. It was already released prior to this Putin was shone this exact plan even discusses how to demonize Ukraine by playing on ethnic Russians. This was planned out long before the people took to the streets.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The difference is that russia, China, Venezuela, Yemen, Iran are all fighting for their future right to self determination and survival. The us is just fighting for global hegemony and dominance. Prove the us was behind the coup? Aside from the fact that nuland stated it? And that it happened exactly the same as all the other coups we enact across the globe? Don't be droll.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
The difference is that russia, China, Venezuela, Yemen, Iran are all fighting for their future right to self determination and survival. The us is just fighting for global hegemony and dominance. Prove the us was behind the coup? Aside from the fact that nuland stated it? And that it happened exactly the same as all the other coups we enact across the globe? Don't be droll.

Im afraid its not that simple first China will be fine Russia well that may be a different story they are definitely going to be fighting for survival. But not from the west they have much bigger threats and it starts with Putin and his oligarchs. Nuland by the way made no such statement you misunderstood her and she was misquoted in Russian press. She was talking about money given to Ukraine the same as money was given to Russia since the fall of communism. If the US was involved i assure you Nuland would not have known about it nor would she been able to comment. You hatred for the west is cool yeah anti american propaganda Putins a savior. You know what though the only country that believes this is Russia the rest of the world knows whats going on. Like Turkey recently explaining there is just no excuse for what Russia has done in Ukraine.But thats exactly what your trying to do defend the indefensible. To do this you have to play the game of look what this country did and this one so and and so forth. No matter how you play it Russia like always gave up on diplomacy and went to brute force. They invaded another country installed their people into power and started shipping in weapons causing civilian casualties. There is several UN reports on the matter suggest you read some of them. There is also several himan rights groups that describe torture rape and murder by the Russian troops. Notice i didnt say separatists as we know know from the report that is just a farce. Russians have shelled cicvilians from their territory sent troops in to kill. Let nazis take over the east to the point even Putin lost control of them. It got so bad the chechens were sent in to clean up the mess he made. Their solution kill the people putin sent in the first place.

now you can continue to believe your fairy tails but when Putin is caught lying time and time again that makes you a fool to continue to believe. And hopefully some day you will take a long look at what hes said and look at what really happened and youll figure out this was all about Putin keeping his power. Big clue should have been when he changed the laws just so he could keep his throne.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Really? Where did Nuland state it? If the US was pulling strings in Ukraine why did the candidate they were backing lose the election?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You are naive if you think we won't be going after China the first time they vote against us in the un. The us has stated again and again with memos and papers that their goal is total global domination and control. No one fail to recognize this with anything other than religious type Faith and fervor.

Secondly the whole world recognizes the US as the greatest threat, including the majority of our own people. In what polls anywhere is russia recognizes in a similar fashion?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

China votes against the UN all the time in the UNSC..

What was your point?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

You are naive if you think we won't be going after China the first time they vote against us in the un. The us has stated again and again with memos and papers that their goal is total global domination and control. No one fail to recognize this with anything other than religious type Faith and fervor.

Secondly the whole world recognizes the US as the greatest threat, including the majority of our own people. In what polls anywhere is russia recognizes in a similar fashion?

Really global domination in documents your a fool if you believe that. So who is it that's going to dominate the world?? Is it Obama or Nylander maybe she's actually running things. No wait the bankers you know the people that control the money oh wait they wouldn't want one nation in charge for them that would be a nightmare. OK maybe it's the Vatican or Jewe or maybe the cabal. I can keep going but you get the point I'm sure. One thing we can count on is no one can or will dominate the world and frankly no one wants to. That limits options for every group concerned. You have been on way to many conspiracy sites.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254 Russians soldiers couldn't handle a war with NATO, let alone ill equipped and trained Ukraine soldiers.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Pnac? Wolfowitz doctrine? Like that.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Pnac? Wolfowitz doctrine? Like that.

I suggest you actually read the document created by scooter lobby office. Do not use the interpretation by conspiracy theorists. This document was written after the collapse of the Soviet Union. It discussed not allowing a threat to rise to the level of the Soviets because of t her cost. In the document it discusses how we allowed parity to occur during the cold war. Mwaning the Soviets at the time could match the US. One of the suggestions was to democratize emerging countries such as China. Old theory there has never been a war between two democratic countries. IT also said the US needs to continue building up the armed forces never allowing parity again. Basically said the US should always maintain military superiority. And the third part which was later adopted into the bush doctrine. Do not allow political movements to grow in countries that is a threat to other nations Or US security. It specifically mentions religious radicals basically he wad talking about a situation like Isis. No where in the entire document does it mention anywhere about tak I m over countries. Now for the document itself it was written by one of scooter lives staff. He claimed he never even read it. He may be correct since it appears to have been written as a brief with very few actually reading it. With a leak the document for to the press causing Mr libby to have to rewrite the document and release it to the press.

It was never intended to be released and it was one of hundreds of briefs written. If you have ever been in Washington staff members create briefs hoping to be noticed. They will pick a topic do research and present it. In no way are any of these an example of policy. For example I have little doubt there are several briefs running around about Putin along with recommendation. All the staffers hope is that their work is recognized. It's all about boh her and better positions like gaining chief of staff. Even the press at the time realized it was a brief and as they say the story died.

Oh and the controversial part involved killing terrorists in or emotive attacks you know like drone strikes. The US has a policy that this doesn't count as political assassinations. I personally don't agree with this assessment.
edit on 5/13/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

why would i have included chechnya and molidavia? i barely know anything about either... and ok, not invaded, attacked... better?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

semantics. putin was succesful in what he was trying to do and none had to die because of it. but no isnt something western intrests like hearing and now people are dying.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Because I included them in my original response. Fairly obvious why you wouldn't, you might look bad in front to Vlad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join