It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells Black Grads That White People Make Life Tough

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: andy1972

nice ad hominem attack but i see that your unable to argue against my arguement. let's take a look at what i said eh, because you don't seem to be able to comprehend that well.

Sorry but your going to have to get over it, black folks are still an oppressed minority, and are treated the same as poor white folks. And until things like gerrymandering, stop and frisk, and illegal traffic stops are are dealt with, your still going to have this divide. Get over it, the america you see on tv or read about in the news was never real.

Now, attack that. keep the ad hominem to the likes of cnn and fox news.

So are you suggesting that the police should stop detaining black's because..well they're black?

Are you suggesting we should let Americas black community do as it pleases to stop them feeling "oppressed" ?

The only black oppressed people are those who are professional criminals and for who being arrested is an occupational hazard.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

black folks are still an oppressed minority, and are treated the same as poor white folks.

So...unless you are including RICH black folks in this sentence...you are saying that whites and blacks are treated equally. And I couldn't agree more. The poor are treated differently, and sometimes rightfully so...not all the time. But yes, whites and blacks are equal.

Time to move on.
edit on 5/12/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

nice ad hominem attack but i see that your unable to argue against my arguement. let's take a look at what i said eh, because you don't seem to be able to comprehend that well.

Sorry but your going to have to get over it, black folks are still an oppressed minority, and are treated the same as poor white folks. And until things like gerrymandering, stop and frisk, and illegal traffic stops are are dealt with, your still going to have this divide. Get over it, the america you see on tv or read about in the news was never real.

Now, attack that. keep the ad hominem to the likes of cnn and fox news.

So are you suggesting that the police should stop detaining black's because..well they're black?

Are you suggesting we should let Americas black community do as it pleases to stop them feeling "oppressed" ?

The only black oppressed people are those who are professional criminals and for who being arrested is an occupational hazard.

Actually...YES...that is EXACTLY what black leaders and some black communities want. Special treatment. You see...these people will say we are all the same and then say they want special treatment.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

no, once again someone talking about something they know nothing about. it's not about entitlement or free handouts, it's about people that are suppose to follow something called the constitution when it was penned and ratified. but what i do find hilarious is when people think that hundreds of years of prejudice, bigotry and out right murder to simply disappear in less than a lifetime.

So what should we do...give every black in America a $1,000,000 cheque and a sorry note...

What happened, happened. History cannot be changed. However a whole nation cannot spend the rest of it's future history walking on egg shells to avoid offending black Americans for the huge chip they carry on their shoulders.

It's time to move on, as a nation.

There are black people with engough intelligence to realise that the "feeling sorry for themselves" cannot go on.

Those that wish to continue living in the past will do so because they enjoy the self inflicted martyrdom.

No. We need to acknowledge that it's not a fair playing field though and we also need to acknowledge the past. That's it. Simple.

How in the hell has the past not been acknowledged..It has been lived by 100's of thousands of black Americans alive today.
They are the living history of America.
It has been acknowledged ad nauseum

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ahh..see people there is one of the issues that minorities face.

You assume because the police are hassling us because we we are criminals. You are not even considering that we are being unjustly accused or hassled.

I am Native American by the ways..but have dealt with this first hand. Being stopped for no reason but being Native American out at night or driving a nice car...apparently it must be stolen. I have met racists but I have met decent people to, I have no issue with white people..just the ignorant ones.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Time to move on.

Exactly. All the history, all the hate has been acknowledged. It's time to heal the wounds, but some people just like to keep slinging salt all over them.
edit on PM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Actually...YES...that is EXACTLY what black leaders and some black communities want. Special treatment. You see...these people will say we are all the same and then say they want special treatment.

Another issue you people have..when asking for equality..you see it as special treatment.

Thanks for the both of you for showing the world what minorities, gays, women, and other religions besides Christian/Catholic go through.

If cops talk to us or hassle us..we must be criminals, if we ask for equality...then we are asking for special treatment.

Love it when ignorant racists make your argument for you.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Ahh..see people there is one of the issues that minorities face.

You assume because the police are hassling us because we we are criminals. You are not even considering that we are being unjustly accused or hassled.

I am Native American by the ways..but have dealt with this first hand. Being stopped for no reason but being Native American out at night or driving a nice car...apparently it must be stolen. I have met racists but I have met decent people to, I have no issue with white people..just the ignorant ones.

Did I say all blacks are criminals?

No.

I said those who are "professional criminals", that includes the theives, drug dealers, car jackers etc etc that is to say "the minority"

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Another issue you people have..when asking for equality..you see it as special treatment.

Thanks for the both of you for showing the world what minorities, gays, women, and other religions besides Christian/Catholic go through.

If cops talk to us or hassle us..we must be criminals, if we ask for equality...then we are asking for special treatment.

Love it when ignorant racists make your argument for you.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

So what should we do...give every black in America a $1,000,000 cheque and a sorry note

See my answer below, i never said anything remotely close to that. i offered a few possible solutions.

What happened, happened. History cannot be changed. However a whole nation cannot spend the rest of it's future history walking on egg shells to avoid offending black Americans for the huge chip they carry on their shoulders.

black people don't carry chimp on their shoulder, that is strictly your own opinion and for the life of me, i wanted to know who started that stereotype. what we can change are things like gerrymandering that changes the district makeup so black people don't have the appropriate representation. stop the police form doing things like stop and frisk. have the cops patrol these poor white neighborhoods as much as they are in black ones. Stop giving jail time for non violent drug offenses, give them a beefy fine and keep it moving. Make sure that schools that are in economically poor black neighborhoods are funded just as well as the ones in the suburbs (another topic for another day).

what black people need is to be judged by the content of their character and not some half assed assumptions made by the white majority (and that's not all! by the gods it's not nearly all of you guys) who base their opinions based on the entertainment they watch.

It's time to move on, as a nation.

See above. there are a lot of habits that are perpetuated against black people and until that stops, the nation will never move on. but a nation that doesn't have a 'boogey-man' is a nation that is united against their corrupt politicians.

Those that wish to continue living in the past will do so because they enjoy the self inflicted martyrdom.

no. those that know the past know how it affects today and influences what going on. the problem is, are the ones with your thinking that believe what happened 50 to 100 years ago have no influence on today, that's very dangerous.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Tell her that her husband makes life tough for ALL Americans. Seriously, what is wrong with these people? It is like they want to divide people and foment resentment. Someone in her position should be above that kind of statement.

Maybe its because you can take the black woman out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the black woman.

It's a mentality thats been driven home to deep that they are "owed something" for slavery 170 years ago and that slavery still exists and is loved within the heart of every white man.

She and her husband have got to be the highest of the high, yet they still are not content.

They still don't say "Look at me I'm black and I'm the president. White and black people voted me in power. Rascism ended years ago."

Michelle Obama never was in the ghetto.

Michelle Obama is upset over the years of people talking bad about her and Barack, she didn't mention the same vitriol as what people put onto George Bush. I remember when Bush was running for president the first time, I lived in North Carolina and so many people were saying George Bush was racist, because they heard a rumor and believed a lie.

@Thread
This is not so much about race, this is about the Democrats trying to find any reason to keep people on their side even if it means to lie about their own politics.

I am not Democrat or Republican, I am in the Justice Party. But I look at the race baiting and the double standards going on.

NONE y'all voted for Alan Keys, NONE y'all voted for Herman Cain and NONE y'all voting for Ben Carson. It is NOT about race, otherwise there would have been a black president before Obama, and there might be another black president. But NONE y'all thought any of those other black men worthy of being president, so this race baiting is a distraction from what is going on.

BTW, I voted for Herman Cain, now come on and tell me that he is just too Conservative, dig up every skeleton in his closet, because THAT'S the real reason none y'all would vote for him, y'all wanted a black messiah who turned out to not give a flying fig about none y'all.

Barbara Walters even said that they were wrong, and now Chris Matthews has come out to say he was wrong. But NONE y'all are paying attention because you want to hang onto the false messiahship of Obama.

And now, you won't even listen to Chris Matthews who once had a thrill go up his leg and said it was a Biblical moment.

BB, the thrill is gone...and it ain't because Obama is black, it's because he was a monumental failure.

But Michelle can't see that, while she benefitted from $44 Million for vacations when Obama said that he would not take vacations. And it wasn't because she was black, it was because she is a greedy individual using race as an excuse. Should she have told the Tuskegee students that the best they could hope for was a journey to the middle class?

That's what her husband said, the journey to the middle class, as though the middle class is as high as they can achieve.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Your little pic is only handy when someone doesn't make a valid point..

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Black people already get special treatment though that goes beyond equality. What is affirmative action?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Don't give me lip. Cain was off the ballot before I got a chance to even think about voting for anybody. Are you suggesting I should have voted for Obama to get my bona fides?

I'll vote for the best person for the job, but by the time my state gets the chance to weigh in a lot of names are gone. I'd like to see Carson somewhere on my ticket although I'd prefer someone dig up Thomas Sowell.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Uh ... His pic is very valid to your point.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

You don't have to have been born on the ghetto to be raised with a ghetto mentality.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Seriously--her message at the end was a good one, but her generalizations and negativity and racial divisiveness is pathetic for a first lady to have spewing from her mouth.

On a side note...that dude to her left, our right...why, when I saw him, did I immediately think of this guy?:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Did you all even watch the speech? It was all about how the problems of race relations are being overcome in this country. What the hell is wrong with you guys? You guys are doing the exact thing that she was talking about in this speech. Being ignorant.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

It was meant as tool to help people get equal treatment..who knows what it is being used for now or how it is being abused.

Why do you assume black people are getting special treatment..it is for everyone who has been discriminated against.

It has helped everyone. You seem to think if a person of color got his foot in the door through affirmative action..then they are unqualified.

It may get your foot in the door...but it does no guarantee a job. You have to actually earn it..etc

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join