It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells Black Grads That White People Make Life Tough

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Last question why do white people feel like they invented everything and by subjugating native populations to abuse help them?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Harvin

None of what you said was invented by white people as a whole race nor as a person

Ahhhh....really? I did not bother to look into it. You can do so and come back here to update it.

The point is that white people have contributed immensely to civilization. And honestly the word immensely is an understatement.

That said, of course other races have contributed. This is a thread about bad white people, not bad asians or bad other welll...hell...hellll..theee other people righ?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
Last question why do white people feel like they invented everything and by subjugating native populations to abuse help them?

I really dont know about subjugating native populations although i do know that people are horrifically SUBJUGATED throughout the entire world and have been.

EDIT: And before anyone asks, i voted for obama twice.
edit on 13-5-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
There is judgement in this world, and our country, which is solely based on one's skin color. It is nothing new, it has not gone away. Kids who are going to be out in the real world now need to be aware of that, and how everything is not peaches and roses.

I am hispanic, but have white skin, lighter hair, and light eyes. I have siblings who are dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes. There was a difference in the way we were treated by society growing up. I also was employed at a higher learning institution in the ethnic studies department, and saw firsthand how blacks are still treated in this country. There were numerous times that I was even subjected to discrimination, simply because I worked in the Black Studies department. One time, I called to set up some catering, and was told it would not be possible for our department. I was given the run around and eventually had to go with an off campus eatery. So yea, racism is still alive and kicking.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So when is there gonna be a woman president so we can forget finger pointing?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

The only way we can ever go beyond finger pointing is to remove everyone's fingers.

Just saying.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Harvin

I believe every race contributed equally actually I give a lot of more credit to the the Semitic/arab races and kemetians who shaped the modern world The Euro centric history taught here in America makes you believe They contributed immensely.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Menrva

We cannot verify personal experiences so i would take it with a grain of salt. As far as your siblings, there could be many factors and on may be just how things turned out. Yes, of course there is racism, a lot against white people. After all, would you trade places with a poor 30 year old white guy, not very good looking, possibly susceptible to substance abuse? No you wouldnt...how about the dirty beggar with his hand out? No, you may flick a quarter at him but touch him...ewww, no way. Guess you didnt see him though did you?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion
Michelle Obama

Michelle Obama has made numerous racially-charged statements in the past, but none so atrocious as her commencement speech at Alabama’s Tuskegee University on Saturday.

The historically black school welcomed the First Lady’s obscene comments, cheering as she implied over and over again that they will always judged by the color of their skin by their white colleagues.

On Saturday, Michelle Obama gave the commencement speech at Tuskegee University in Alabama. Although she is the first black first lady married to the first black president who was elected twice by a majority white electorate, with a cabinet that includes the the first (and second) black Atorneys General, a black Secretary of Homeland Security, a black National Security Advisor, a black Senior Advisor to the President and a black Supreme Court Justice (although he doesn’t count), listening to her comments, you’d think we were still living under (the Democrat-supported) Jim Crow laws before the Civil Rights Act (which more Republicans supported) and are not far from the days of slavery (which a Republican president worked to abolish).

Where she had an opportunity from her lofty position to heal some national wounds and speak of how far we have all come together, how she is living testament to what anyone can achieve in this nation, regardless of color, she chose instead to recount her own personal struggles with racism. Mrs. Obama mentioned in particular the insensitive media questions and derogatory remarks from political pundits that she said have kept her up at night.

Why does she continue to do this?

Please keeep this discussion civil. Thank you advance!

I think as to your Democrat/Republican points, you need to realize that the parties switched platforms around the 50's. Lincoln and MLK Jr. would NOT be Republicans now days.

The racists within the Democratic Party in the South actually switched to the Republicans. This is actually documented.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
When your husband is the worst President in American History.

You have to blame somebody when everything you tried failed miserably.

Blame White People...it's worked like a charm the past 20 years.

The Chickens have come home to roost....Indeed

Oh.... my .... god.

If you think Obama is the worst president in history you are totally ignorant or deluded.

Bush was FAR worse than Obama, and I criticize Obama all of the time.

Let me count the ways.....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Menrva

These people are ignorant they believe because they are not racist no one else is. BuT people like you and me have first hand experience I'm light skinned as well with brown/dark hair with hazel eye I'm Hispanic and I always saw discrimination and just awful things said towards darker skinned Hispanics even in our owN community.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Are you still counting? Remember to use your toes if you run out of fingers.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
I find the first lady's remarks both repulsive and racist. I never realized how much black people hate white people until Obamas were in office. They have made race relations far worse than ever, while not helping the black community with jobs, education or vision of the future. Instead, they dole out free phones and food stamps. What's worse, the media continues to give them a free pass on their totally inexcusable behavior.

You've nailed it.

A majority black people hate white people with all their being because even the most powerful black people in the world preach hate towards whites and point to them as the root cause of all their problems. These same people then wonder why some whites want nothing to do with them and have zero interest in participating in their movements.

The movement against police brutality was co opted by people with agenda's who determined that only black lives matter. Because of this a majority of the white population could not give two #s about it. Police brutality effects everyone equally but it's heresy to the black community to even say that.

There is a major problem with the black community in the US. If something isn't done by leaders of this community they will continue to be marginalized and things will get worse because a major backlash will occur because of their actions towards the white MAJORITY.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I actually thought Michelle was a little better than this... I guess I was wrong.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What do you expect from the most divisive potus and flotus to ever keep office.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer
you r ignorant

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen

Obviously, you are not married [wink]

Bring on the women rulers of the world I say, no more wars, but the down-side would be that the production and sales of shoes and handbags would surpass the number of oxygen molecules currently in existence and credit cards would need to be fire-proof, because they would be used that often that they could potentially catch on fire with all that swiping.

[Dora says swiper no swiping]

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hey does anyone else remember that time New Orleans was drowning and George Bush was all like, "Oh hai, I'm over here celebrating some old war stuff while on vacay", or did that just happen in that one timeline I was in that time when John Titor took me for a spin .....

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pilgrimOmega

Hey! Remember this!

Lip service!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Obama hates white people?

Umm…last time I heard Obama’s momma was white and he was raised by his white grandfather

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join