It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God of Enlightenment is not Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Many times it has been said by the "Enlightened" that the Serpent in the Garden was symbolic for Satan, the God of reason and logic. This is actually not true, but perhaps not for the reasons many masons and non-christians believe. Instead, Satan is the God who condemns man to a shortened life span because he was angry that humans had become procreators (this particular point will blow the whole thing wide open so you can see it for yourself).

In effect, the enemy of humans is not the Serpent. However, the Serpent wasn't Satan (i will explain this shortly). This is a very important point and one that, if you look carefully at the text, sudden reveals itself. Any who worship the Serpent and assume its symbolic of Satan, and as a result think they are giving God the middle finger in the process, are in for a rude awakening -- again, not for the reasons you may think.

Conversely, believers who think the Serpent is Satan and that the God who condemned humankind is the good God, are not paying close enough attention to the text, particularly if you are a christian. Allow me to explain:

Gen 1:27

So Elohim created adam in his own image, in the image of Elohim created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28

And Elohim blessed them, and Elohim said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Note that these 2 verses PRE-DATE the adam and eve verses and that Elohim is telling them to MULTIPLY. To multiply in this context means to "procreate" unless otherwise indicated. It can't mean to be fruitful (multiplying goods by labor or multiplying spiritual events by good works), which was already mentioned, otherwise the verse would read: " go forth be fruitful and fruitful" and since the original hebrew there is not the same for fruitful and multiply, this word can only mean MULTIPLY IN NUMBERS BY PROCREATION.

Now fast forward to what is called the Fall Narrative. The Serpent "convinces" Eve to take from the Tree of Knowledge. To KNOW or have KNOWLEDGE in that time frame, did not mean to learn or become enlightened in some higher esoteric wisdom, but rather to procreate. The Tree of Knowledge, in which the Serpent is depicted, is the Tree of Procreation. As evidence I point to the verse where it says "Adam KNEW his wife, and she begat."

Why, after Elohim had already created adam, male and female, and told them to multiply (procreate), did he suddenly decide he didn't want them to procreate?

It isn't about secret knowledge in the way we think of secret knowledge today. It's not about enlightenment where you suddenly realize the Serpent, who you assume is Satan (which is a lie) is the good guy, because you're paying homage to God and think he's the devil. That's some twisted up #. Get it right, O YE ENLIGHTENED ONES!
edit on 12-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The bible isn't the only references to life.

The god in the bible does not want enlightened beings, does not want you to worship or give love anything but it, and does not want you to see your highest maximum.

That was enough for me to quit reading and continue life ignoring such an ignorant god.

Whatever enlightenment maybe to people,it sounds better then this god who showed up.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Believers might say "well what about the verses where it says things like 'that old serpent the devil and satan'", the word derives from something like sorcerer, which is pharmacopeia, which is medicine, and in this case, genetics. the serpent in the tree is 2 things: DNA (the tree is inheritable dna), and the sorcerer was the creator god, who created the adam via genetics (dna). all the ancient elohim were serpents of various kinds (gods of various capabilities, such as creation) but that info is only resolvable from the text by careful study. for some strange reason, this tidbit of info is left out of the old testament of the bible unless you go over it with a fine tooth comb (and pray for correct understanding) and look up the original words.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
The bible isn't the only references to life.

The god in the bible does not want enlightened beings, does not want you to worship or give love anything but it, and does not want you to see your highest maximum.

That was enough for me to quit reading and continue life ignoring such an ignorant god.

Whatever enlightenment maybe to people,it sounds better then this god who showed up.

there are 3 gods in the old testament. ENLIGHTENMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE EVENTS IN THE GARDEN. if you read the verses, it's not talking about god withholding knowledge, it's talking about god withholding sex. he didn't want humans to procreate. notice it says

Gen 3:5

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

"KNOWING" . remember knowing means to procreate. he didn't want them to procreate. he was mad that god had made them procreative. he wasn't mad that HE made them procreative, which proves he's not the creator god. he's satan. it's flipped on its head.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

This is one of the better explanations I have come to think fits better .

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
essentially what is happening is, christians and jews and muslims think the old testament jehovah was god, and in some places it is the creator god who is talking/doing (and in other places it is satan as god of this planet), and they think the old testament serpent in the garden was satan, when in fact, it's the other way around. and the "enlightened" think the serpent is satan and pay homage to him not realizing they are paying homage to the actual god but are misidentifying him and attributing to him, the title and actions of satan.

whoever screwed the text up like that, is absolutely diabolical.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

he's wrong on his final results though and that is what counts. read everything i wrote, carefully.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
THIS is not what happened

THIS is what happened:

"Be wise as serpents, gentle as doves." - Jesus

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
just think, you no longer have to make excuses for those moments in the old testament where jehovah sounds like he's got less patience than an angry pit bull or when he sounds like he's so insecure about the amount of worship shown to him, that he kills people in vast numbers (puts a whole new spin on the synagogue of satan, however, i do not think this is the fault of the jewish people beyond those who were aware it was the god of this world (satan) and embraced it. we all know in our guts, that that is just not how love operates. if god is love, the god who keeps killing jews in the old testament is not the creator god but the god of this world (satan).

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Whoever came up with the idea man... That's a mean trick right out of the gate.. It's had me confused for many many years..
Not that I was ever Christian, but I've been into mythology for a long time.

If you follow your inner heart. You will be going in the right direction, even if you have the names all mixed up.

Once you get that straightened out you can unravel some of the other oddities in the bible.. Seems the steps to enlightenment are still coded in there.

The Feathered Serpent. "Wise like a Snake, gentle as a dove." ? ? ?

Satan is the scary dude who makes lists and checks them twice.. I still wonder if I saw one of these guys if I would even know who it was.. It seems they can all shapeshift anyway.

edit on 12-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't understand. If the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" was all about sexual knowing, then why did the Elohim say this:

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever

Were the Elohim engaging in sexual knowledge of good and evil too? Were they having good sex and bad, or naughty, sex?
edit on 12-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
DNA and HEALING. Creator God, all the way, not the evil god, but the god that created humans with DNA. Scientific knowledge of the magnitude of genetics, became associated with the "serpent", the "sorcerer" not as an evil wizard, but as a creator God. It's a mess of misunderstanding that we've come to think the bad guy is the good guy in the old testament. when jesus finally comes around, he points that out, several times and even likens himself to the serpent raised by moses on his staff to bring healing to the people. Afterall, he's called the Great Physician (and by that he doesn't mean the Great Dragon cause there's more than one serpent).

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't understand. If the "Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil" was all about sexual knowing, then why did the Elohim say this:

Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever

Were the Elohim engaging in sexual knowledge of good and evil too? Were they having good sex and bad, or naughty, sex?

Yes, but this is a side issue of which I have so much information it might take the thread off topic. As far as the good sex or bad, this is the point where Satan (the guy who condemned the human race to a shortened life span), begins the lie that females are evil and males are good. (and he does that because he knows females make more human babies. notice all the ancient religions are crammed full of anti-female stuff, so that it became common place to kill female babies as soon as they were born/ in some places in the world, this is still going on).

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Satan (the guy who condemned the human race to a shortened life span)

Do you think that this is the same guy who, again, shortened the life of man after the flood?

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I am a tad confused. According to this post, who then is the "good God"? Satan or the serpent? Interesting read.

ID

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Maybe there is no Satan. Ever thought of that?

The Hebrews struggled to become monotheistic
in order to form their own national identity.

"Israel emerges into the historical record in the last decades of the 13th century BCE, at the very end of the Late Bronze Age, as the Cannanite city-state system was ending.[25] By the 9th century BCE a new system of nation-states was forming (Israel, Judah, Moab, Ammon and others), marked by, among other things, the emergence of national gods.[26] What distinguished Israel from other emerging Iron Age Canaanite societies was its elevation of Yahweh as the national god, rather than, for example, Chemosh, the god of Moab, or Milcom, the god of the Ammonites"

en.wikipedia.org...

Yahweh and the gods of Canaan

Scholars agree that the Israelite community arose peacefully and internally in the highlands of Canaan[16]–in the words of archaeologist William Dever, "most of those who came to call themselves Israelites … were or had been indigenous Canaanites"–[17][Notes 2] and that Israelite religion accordingly emerged gradually from a Canaanite milieu.[18]

The chief of the Canaanite gods was El, described as "the kind, the compassionate," "the creator of creatures"; he lived in a tent on a mountain, from whose base originated all the fresh waters of the world, and there he presided over the Assembly of the Gods. The goddess Asherah was his consort, and the two made up the top tier of the pantheon.[20] The second tier was made up of their children, the divine assembly of the "seventy sons of Athirat" (another name of Asherah).[21] Prominent in this group was Baal, with his home on Mount Zaphon; he gradually became the dominant deity, so that El became the executive power and Baal the military power in the cosmos.[22] His sphere was the thunderstorm with its life-giving rains, so that he was also a fertility god, although not quite the fertility god.[23] The third tier was made up of comparatively minor craftsman and trader deities, and the fourth and final tier of divine messengers and the like.[21]

El, not Yahweh, was the original "God of Israel"–the word "Israel" is based on the name El rather than Yahweh.[24] Yahweh, the southern warrior-god, joining the Canaanite pantheon headed by El and in time El and Yahweh were identified, with El's name becoming a generic term for "god".[20]A significant biblical text in this regard is Deuteronomy 32:8–9, in which the sons of El, including Yahweh, each receives his own nation:[24]

When the Most High (Elyon, i.e., El) gave the nations their inheritance
When he separated humanity
He fixed the boundaries of the peoples
according to the number of divine beings;
For Yahweh's portion is his people
Jacob his allotted heritage.[Notes 3]

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Satan (the guy who condemned the human race to a shortened life span)

Do you think that this is the same guy who, again, shortened the life of man after the flood?

And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

now that is hard to say. i don't know if it was a result of sentient genetic manipulation or environmental impact. if the planet had an extra layer of atmosphere, it would block out alot more of the harmful radiation and perhaps increase longevity, which when that layer is removed, not only does the planet lose its greenhouse effect (the garden was watered by green house like precipitation, such as a propensity of dew build up by morning), but more damaging rays hit the earth, decreasing viability of dna.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

yahweh is all over the place in ancient egyptian religion as well.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"Knew" not always mean sexual intercourse in the bible.
What other reading sources make you think is all about sex?

The tree of knowledge is inside our head, our brain. Is the part that make us sentient beings. The serpent represent the life energy flowing up the spinal cord until it reaches the heavens (consciousness).
Basically Eve was the first one to became aware of her existence and then teach Adam how to reach that awareness too.
Biting the fruit was not only about sex (main interpretation), was about being knowledgeable of their environment and use it to their advantage.
Genesis 3
"...so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves."
That was just the beginning.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
I am a tad confused. According to this post, who then is the "good God"? Satan or the serpent? Interesting read.

ID

okay there is more than one jehovah in the old testament. one of those jehovahs owns this planet like a piece of real estate. he despises humans, as is evidenced in everything he says and does to humans, particularly to jews. that guy is satan. the other jehovah warns the noah figure of the flood, creates humans, gives them procreation, tells them to take dominion over earth, stops the world order at babel because it was repeating the same mistakes of the past. (unfortunately, we appear to be going right back there. this leaks over into ancient sumerian and akkadian texts as well)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join