It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democracy in UK.... compared to USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: SuperFrog

My point is, that if Jon Stewart was a far right comedian. We wouldn't be having this conversation, even if you listened to him you would not find the far right views comical.

While I can agree that Stewart can at times get a little TOO liberal with his views, he spares NO punches towards the left either. He will call out Democrat and the liberal media for its shenanigans just as well as the right wing media. It's just that the right wing media tends to push more hyperbole and lies so it reasons that he would cover that more than the left.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The reason he attacks the right more is because he leans quite a bit more towards the left.

I've laughed listening to Rush, I've laughed listening to Glenn Beck but I do not take their opinions as gospel.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Rush can be funny. The problem is it doesn't conform to your views.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Of course that is part of the reason, but again he HAS attacked the left's hypocrisy before too. Case in point, Stewart mocked Obama considerably during the "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan" fiasco.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Thea reply to: Krazysh0t

I never said he didn't attack the left, that is your presumption of my position. I said that he spends far more time attacking the right because he leans to the left.

My God he is so far left if he got on a highway driving he could never get off because he would have to turn right.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

More recent attack was on Clinton's mail scandal as well on first day coverage of campaign, that to best show how hilarious today news channels are.

As for right 'so called funny', used to actually listen it while ex president was on power... IMHO it tells lots about us, nation for selecting Bush twice in office. I really hope second was fake election due to new electronic devices as showed on HBO documentary... but that is not topic here, here we discuss GB vs. USA election. Please try to stay on topic.

Only reason he attacks more right is because they give him more material. Come on, just look at news in past 12 months...

edit on 12-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
as soon as subway hits town, everyone demands a mcdonalds.

thats how i see the political circus.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Our ban on television advertising, briefly mentioned, must be an important part of the cost-cutting. If parties are depending on television time, it would have to make a huge proportion of the budget.
When I was younger (all right, when I was young) the nearest we got was the "Party Political Broadcast". At long intervals, especially during elections, each party was allowed to put out a five-minute lecture under that title, broadcast simultaneously on both channels. These were well-known to the electricity industry from the resulting power surges, as an entire television-watching nation left the room to put the kettle on and make a cup of tea.
I think they've stopped doing them now.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Seriously?

The right gives you so much more material because you have left views. Believe it or not far right conservative's also laugh at leftists opinions. You need to realize there are two sides to every coin your feelings aren't the only ones.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Seriously?

The right gives you so much more material because you have left views. Believe it or not far right conservative's also laugh at leftists opinions. You need to realize there are two sides to every coin your feelings aren't the only ones.

Do I have a feeling that you are using ad-hominem here?!

Does the news of UK election costing 50 million versus our election has to do anything with left/right ideology?? If you really right, shouldn't you more worry about expensive government?? Why this is not something right wing pushes if they are really against spending?!

Just remember, we are at lost while show called election campaign is keeping us entertained...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

No, no at hom attack. I have a habit of addressing people directly on a subject instead of including all other people. ( that's why the term you or your inadvertently appears in my replies)

If you misunderstood me I apologize.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I hope the Brits on this site understand that almost all Americans are far more annoyed than you are that American election topics/news are already a big deal.

At least you can more easily ignore it.

The rest of the world needs to take a page out of America's book and not give a crap about what goes on in other countries politics/entertainment news.

I find the almost "stalker" way in which the rest of the world cares so much about what goes on in the USA extremely sad. Is the rest of the world so boring that they have nothing better to do than focus on the US?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

I hope the Brits on this site understand that almost all Americans are far more annoyed than you are that American election topics/news are already a big deal.

At least you can more easily ignore it.

The rest of the world needs to take a page out of America's book and not give a crap about what goes on in other countries politics/entertainment news.

I find the almost "stalker" way in which the rest of the world cares so much about what goes on in the USA extremely sad. Is the rest of the world so boring that they have nothing better to do than focus on the US?

As a UK member I would say that my interest in your politics is far more to do with concern for the future actions of your government and it's implications on world isuues than any need to look for something interesting to talk about.

Not content with it's own governing the USA seems intent on telling the whole world how they think things should be.

If that is not cause for interest I fail to see what is.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I dunno...i'll buy that $50mil number

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You'll buy that number? Read the OP it claims 50 million is one 50th of what each candidate spends. For that to be accurate each candidate would have a $2.5 billion warchest to run on.

Just for comparison, whole election costs about 50 million, witch compares to approximately 1/50th of ONE USA candidate. Whole campaign and election lasts 6 weeks compared to this monstrosity that will last for 18 months?!

edit on 12-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

NOT at all we COMPLETE get it and as usual IF YOU need 'em WE DO have EXTRA guns...JUST in case.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I hope the Americans on this site see this and understand why we Brits get a bit annoyed that in May we are having American election threads just now.

I would guess most people (American here) are also annoyed by the early start (election cycle in general) in the same way most of us are annoyed by xmas decorations showing up in the stores around Halloween time... then again, maybe it's just me.
edit on 12-5-2015 by newyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I got a solution for everyone, how about everyone do their own research and stop listening to rich guys on tv.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Do you not remember your own history? If your country wasn't pathetic and afraid of it's own shadow now you would still be out trying to conquer and control everything in sight like you used to.

Don't give me that crap...

If there is anybody in the world that shouldn't talk about the US interfering in world politics it is the damn British.

The only thing the Brits are good at these days is criticizing everybody else...although they have always been good at that.
edit on 12-5-2015 by c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wasn't all the brits on ATS whining about their election a couple days ago and now they're whining about ours. Fix your own problems first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join