It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi assembles for massive defeat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I pity the nice Saudi's I know, I hope for their safety.

But to those who shows the ugly side of human nature on a daily basis, may God rain justice upon you and your allies and spare the innocents.

Saudi Arabia assembles 'massive force' on Yemen border

Footage showing rows of tanks and armoured personnel carriers loaded on military vehicles headed towards Yemen were aired on a Saudi-owned television channel.

The Houthis said they fired Katyusha rockets and mortars on the Saudi cities of Jizan and Najran earlier on Monday, after Saudi forces hit Saada and Hajjah provinces with more than 150 rockets.

Saudi Arabia's civil defence department said one Saudi national was killed in the shelling in Najran, which it said targeted a school and residence adjacent to a military post. Another Saudi citizen and three expatriates were also injured in the fire, the department said.

edit on 12-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

which it said targeted a school and residence adjacent to a military post.

So they targeted a military post that was adjacent to a school & residence then!

The propaganda is strong on this one.

Saudi Arabia are good at that.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

which it said targeted a school and residence adjacent to a military post.

So they targeted a military post that was adjacent to a school & residence then!

The propaganda is strong on this one.

Saudi Arabia are good at that.

Fortunately, they are stupid enough to mention the military post!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"They took the babies...sob sob, from the incubators, sob wail, and left them there to die...wail sob booo hoo..."

Anyone remember her...the Saudi ambassador's daughter..

Nayirah A- Sabah.

Amnesty International initially supported the story, but later issued a retraction. It stated that it "found no reliable evidence that Iraqi forces had caused the deaths of babies by removing them or ordering their removal from incubators"

In 1992, it was revealed that Nayirah's last name was al-Ṣabaḥ (Arabic: نيره الصباح‎) and that she was the daughter of Saud Al-Sabah, the Kuwaiti ambassador to the United States. Furthermore, it was revealed that her testimony was organized as part of the Citizens for a Free Kuwait public relations campaign which was run by Hill & Knowlton for the Kuwaiti government. Following this, al-Sabah's testimony has come to be regarded as a classic example of modern atrocity propaganda.
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I thought that.
Strange proclamation to make.

They can spin it though, they control a lot of media outlets around the world.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I am a bit bemused by the title.."Assembles for massive defeat" ??

Could you elaborate please.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Defeat missed that in the title but see isn't just the Saudis it's an Arab coalition. They can't count on the US to clean up their messes anymore. Thus was the recent snub by the Saudi King they are realizing the US has been liberated from its dependence in Saudi oil. And now is even discussing the Saudis financing of terrorism the Obama administration is sending a message. As far as saudis they will end up creating a huge force. What concerns me is afterwards they decide to keep going into Iran. good likely hood this could happen with the Saudis calling them evil.
edit on 5/12/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972

I thought it's a much more fitting title of the article than the Al Jazeera title.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

The demand for oil has peaked as renewable energies like wind and solar power come online. If a country needs more energy, they will build a new wind farm, a tidal power station, a clean burn coal or gas based power station rather than one based on oil. If one company reduces their energy bills by adding solar panels to the roof, canopies or reflective adhesive screens to windows, that frees up energy to be used by others. Cars are also becoming more fuel efficient and at the same time that the demand for oil for transportation going down as the world population becomes more urbanised. This is a nightmare for the Saudi's as they can no longer dictate the price of oil:

www.bloomberg.com...

They have tried to become involved in alternative sources of energy production like solar farms, but if one company tries to dictate the price of "solar energy", it just encourages users to install their own.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

I thought it's a much more fitting title of the article than the Al Jazeera title.

Why?

It still makes very little or no sense. What 'massive' defeat are we awaiting?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

The demand for oil has peaked as renewable energies like wind and solar power come online. If a country needs more energy, they will build a new wind farm, a tidal power station, a clean burn coal or gas based power station rather than one based on oil. If one company reduces their energy bills by adding solar panels to the roof, canopies or reflective adhesive screens to windows, that frees up energy to be used by others. Cars are also becoming more fuel efficient and at the same time that the demand for oil for transportation going down as the world population becomes more urbanised. This is a nightmare for the Saudi's as they can no longer dictate the price of oil:

www.bloomberg.com...

They have tried to become involved in alternative sources of energy production like solar farms, but if one company tries to dictate the price of "solar energy", it just encourages users to install their own.

Thanks you for the insight..but it doesn't answer the question.. What 'massive' defeat awaits Saudí?
edit on AM2Tue20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I've been saying that this all this long. The Saudis are desperate, their days are numbered and are very afraid of losing their so called Kingdom and domination. They'll do anything to subjugate Yemen, as well as the oppressed people living in Saudi Arabia.

A big war is coming, involving the world and the Middle East.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Sounds like the same Sunni/#e killing as last hundreds of years to me represented by Saudi/Iran currently.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
I've been saying that this all this long. The Saudis are desperate, their days are numbered and are very afraid of losing their so called Kingdom and domination. They'll do anything to subjugate Yemen, as well as the oppressed people living in Saudi Arabia.

A big war is coming, involving the world and the Middle East.

Heres what I think, Saudí like Pakistán has played both sides for too long. América knows Saudí is up to its neck in 9/11 and is probably using that as leverage to make them fight a proxy war in Yemen..or face the consequences.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia's civil defence department said one Saudi national was killed in the shelling in Najran, which it said targeted a school and residence adjacent to a military post. Another Saudi citizen and three expatriates were also injured in the fire, the department said.

What the "Coalition" is doing to Yemen won't be covered. Just "rumored".

Bombing was preparatory for the subsequent invasion. After all, Yemen threw off their Western puppet president, and their country saddles the precious oil straits and Mega-Corpra-Garky can't allow that.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

Why?

It still makes very little or no sense. What 'massive' defeat are we awaiting?
Let me tell you why .

the war against houthis is nothing new . houthis has been attacked before by saudi jets .the last time it happened , houthis decided to move inside saudia and capture their lands .

it happened in a blink of an eye and they captured 60km inside saudi mainland . the neighboring cities to yemen's border are also shia muslims (in contrast to the majority of saudia whose sect is wahhabi ) so they were there to stay and actually as much as saudi mighty army tried , they were in control of everything swiftly by the support of saudi shia nationals .

houthis are very very good fighters , my friend . if saudi starts a ground invasion i promise you a big defeat .

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Bombing was preparatory for the subsequent invasion. After all, Yemen threw off their Western puppet president, and their country saddles the precious oil straits and Mega-Corpra-Garky can't allow that.

so, you want them to trade what they had, for a repressive, al queda state?....you think the anarchists that toppled the so-called "western puppet president" are any better?...they will be far worse

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

houthis are very very good fighters , my friend . if saudi starts a ground invasion i promise you a big defeat .

and saudis are very stupid and cowardly. The gcc will swiftly dissolve once one of them starts taking hits and threats being thrown.

remember last time saudi halted their air raids once houthis announced threats of suicide bombings inside the kingdom. They have no coice but resume when houthis started shelling border cities.

saudi is not usa they are just your spoiled teenage boy with a big gun.

there are tons inside saudi who passionately hates the royalty. Once the army and police gets busy expect a civil war and the massive defeat of saudi.

those proud idiots are sleeping on a bed of time bombs!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: intrptr

so, you want them to trade what they had, for a repressive, al queda state?....you think the anarchists that toppled the so-called "western puppet president" are any better?...they will be far worse

you have obviously not personally experience their injustice, racism, sexism on a nationwide level. They treat non whites non arabs and all the rest from poor countries like pigs. Better see them learn from their evil the hard way.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

www.bloomberg.com...

Thanks you for the insight..but it doesn't answer the question.. What 'massive' defeat awaits Saudí?

Saudi's prefer to pay other people to do their manual labour and work. They make so much money from oil that they can afford to do that. Now that oil revenue will run out, the USA isn't going to step in. Once those militias move into the Saudi lands, those used to the luxury lifestyle won't like have to live like guerilla fighters so they'll probably move to the USA or Europe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join