It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we are all drugged. Mind control drugged.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

I think what would help is reforming the voting system.

I see two major points that are sources of problem in the current system:

- The non-proportional voting system.
- The financing of the campaigns by private interests.

ETA: This is some news on some recent protests that happened in multiple cities involving thousands of people. They do happen. www.theguardian.com...

Edit: like I said, unfortunately protests with only a few thousand people are irrelevant. You have to reach a critical mass to be taken seriously, like during the vietnam war (again).

Big protests in other countries usually mean more than 5-10% of the population in the street.
edit on 12-5-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley

originally posted by: JUhrman

a reply to: Ritter327

People are very happy with their making some money, houses, cars, toys, electronics, phones, resteraunts, and general feeling of semi reasonable freedom.

Why risk all that when the mechanisms you suggest fighting against control and provide all that.

We are a spoiled lot. And nobody wants to go back to farming with horses and cattle and chickens for sustinance on the family farm.

Typical BS excuse from a scared person.

Why would you even risk all you have by simply expressing your opinion? This is ridiculous.

Not at all scared. Just smart.

You speak the average management montra.... if your subordinates have an issue, give them a venue to bitch and whine and then they will feel better and go back to work with nothing need be changed.

Protests rarely produce results short of lip service from whom you protest against. And then it is business as usual.

This is the reason that Fascism is so successful in the US and elsewhere. Placate the majority, or at least demonstrate they have it better than someone else and they willingly participate.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
No one, to date, has given a believable explanation for why people continue to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians other than mass hypnosis.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

- The non-proportional voting system.
- The financing of the campaigns by private interests.

Private interest [Global Corporations for most part] controlling the gov't is definitely the issue.

Corporations have an unrealistic infinite goal of having to exceed last years profit margin. Eventually , they have to cross further into the grey area to keep profits rising.

The problem is that corporations have the lobbying dollars to get congress to move the grey area. Its gotten worst now , since it takes half a billion dollar to get elected, Corporate owned MSM positive PR , and corporate owned DNC and RNC approval to be listed as a VALID candidate: these politicians have no choice to play ball from the beginning to get elected or re-elected.

edit on 01531America/ChicagoTue, 12 May 2015 10:01:05 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Again, in a place like Belgium it's much easier to get 10% of the population protesting. That will never happen here. You're talking 1.1 million people versus 31 million people. What I linked wasn't just a few thousand, it was many thousand, in multiple states.

The voting system definitely needs to be reformed. Our government in general needs to be reformed. I think two huge first steps would be firstly getting rid of the electoral college. Secondly there should be term limits on all elected offices. Just those two things would make quite the difference. There are some other simple changes that would go a long way as well.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

Again, in a place like Belgium it's much easier to get 10% of the population protesting

I'm not talking about Belgium, it's only you saying so. It takes place in many countries around the world, Argentina, France, Greece, etc...

I'm not expecting 10% of American to protest but a few thousands people is clearly nothing compared to other countries so it's getting ignored. You need hundreds of thousands for a relevant protest in the US. Like 40 years ago and before.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Look up 440hz, all music is recorded at that frequency. It's one hell of a ride

This is a decent start, but hardly touches the subject: www.whydontyoutrythis.com...

Long ago the work week lasted about six hours one day a week, and that was simply to hunt. We're brainwashed the instant we hit school, and grow accustomed to wasting eight hours a day which later in life morphs into eight-hour work days, to make someone else rich. We come home to yellow journalism on the TV that most people swallow with smiles. We literally live lives of insanity and we listen to crazy people that call themselves leaders, and everyone's ok with it. You can't tell people anything because everyone's so wrapped up in not being wrong to question anything that makes them uneasy. They keep us controlled by malnourishment and drugs and vaccinations that corporations say are "good for us," and it starts the instant we're born.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

People are very happy with their making some money, houses, cars, toys, electronics, phones, resteraunts, and general feeling of semi reasonable freedom.

Why risk all that when the mechanisms you suggest fighting against control and provide all that.

We are a spoiled lot. And nobody wants to go back to farming with horses and cattle and chickens for sustinance on the family farm.

I agree...I always like the people that say we need a revolution in America, but never say what life will be like if/when that happens. there will be decades of infighting and short supply of everything we now have, to say the least....and at the worse, it's going to be something out of a MAD MAX movie....that's the overriding motive for keeping quiet and not asking for too many details....

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I always like the people that say we need a revolution in America

I don't think anyone in the thread ever suggested that.

Common strawman.

Are Americans unable to do things without violence?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Argentina has a slightly larger population than California. France has about double the population of California. Greece has about the same population size as Belgium. Doesn't matter which country you point out over there, they're all smaller population and probably land wise unless you start talking about China or India protests. Which, maybe not coincidentally, don't seem to happen too much.

I agree with you it needs to happen more - mainly protesting our (US) government. There need to be some real reforms, starting with the couple that I mentioned. My point is just that it's not as easy as you make it out to be. The US has much more land than all those countries you mentioned and a much, much larger population. Therefore, logistically, it's just harder to organize.

Then you have many people who don't want things to change. They're either in a very cushy spot money wise, living off the government, part of government or make much money off the government like the defense sector and all the people they employ.

Then you have people that are wrapped up in their own lives and their own problems just doing their best to try and get through another day. It's hard to worry about what some fat cat rich people are doing when you're busy trying to figure out where you're getting your next meal or trying to figure out which bills you can pay and which you can let slide for a while.

It's not so black and white, is all I'm saying, I guess.

By the way, the article I linked was talking upwards of 50,000 people. I know it's still relatively minor, but that's in addition to all the smaller protests that get ignored completely by the media. The largest political protest in US history was during the Vietnam war and it was roughly 250,000 people. That amounted to about .001% of the 211 million population at the time. If that gives you an idea about your 10% number...

ETA: I take that back, the largest protest was in 2013 (March for Life) involving 650,000 people. This also shows exactly why I think protesting is a waste of time and people need to get out there and vote and reform the system that way. This event has been happening annually since 1974. As I said, 650,000 people just a couple years ago. Forty-one years this protest has been happening. Nothing has changed.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: jimmyx
I always like the people that say we need a revolution in America

I don't think anyone in the thread ever suggested that.

Common strawman.

Are Americans unable to do things without violence?

Based on empirical data and observation, no.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
Therefore, logistically, it's just harder to organize.

Never said it was easy.

Said it happened in the past and doesn't happen anymore.

So to the external observers the logical conclusion is that today Americans are more apathetic than 40 years ago regarding such issues.

e: all your other points are good. I'm just saying something must be done wrong since it works fine in plenty of other countries. If the government ignores you for decades then you vote for someone else.

Maybe the problem is simply the majority of Americans don't really care about these issues and don't sanction the government?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Actually it does still happen. I just posted how there was a 650,000 person protest in 2013. That's .002% of the population - double the Vietnam war protests per capita.

I agree America is more apathetic than in the past. At the same time, you can't compare to what other countries are doing because it's just not the same. I think there's probably more apathy worldwide now than in the past as well.

Eta: I think a big part of the problem is the education system here. There are a lot of stupid Americans. I'm sure there are a lot of stupid people worldwide as well, but every time I think people can't possibly get any stupider, I get surprised. Not sure if it's the education system, how kids are raised now a days or what, but so many stupid people...

edit on 12-5-2015 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

So to the external observers the logical conclusion is that today Americans are more apathetic than 40 years ago regarding such issues.

I don't think apathetic is the correct word, perhaps manipulated , deceived or diverted are better choices.

Its not like Americans are told: "We are going to war because the Military Industrial Complex and some politicians have vested interest in going to war"

They are manipulated and deceived into war.

You want to make the world a better place for everyone than concentrate on separating conflict of interest within governing entities.

While you are at it change how compensation is obtained. The system is structured to make more money during times of chaos than in peace.

edit on 34531America/ChicagoTue, 12 May 2015 10:34:10 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

You want to make the world a better place for everyone than concentrate on separating conflict of interest within governing entities.

I agree and proposed the same in this thread. But its the American voting system so the change must come from within

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Don't worry about it. Just chill and learn to enjoy the buzz. I kind of miss living in total denial of anything other than what I was told to believe. It's too late now to return, I may need to have them do electroshock therapy if I want to return to that state of ignorant bliss. They also have a drug that can erase memories, but it is not selective, so we might be clean slates and that includes immunity memory.

Just drink your tapwater and eat the foods containing the chemicals with weird names. Don't question anything that someone with more social status and power tells you and you will again be considered normal.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Oh please like they can't have those corporations selling bottled water go along with city municipalities. Come on.

What's wrong? Have you ever heard of artesian wells or say, distillation? Even if you have no access to these things, you can rest assured that someone nearby does.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

No, it's not drugs. It's culture. Our culture is diseased. It is selfish and the rampant individualism is leading to a degradation of American values.

that's the explanation for what you're talking about. it's a documented and studied ethical dilemma.

9/11 was tragic and honestly whatever. It's not going to bring back the dead. So what good will it do to figure out who did what or whatever? the matter of 9/11 is a Hobson's choice. There is no solution or good to be had from this hashing and rehashing of facts and sketchy theories. I don't care about any of that. I care about making sure it never happens again. Now, instead of fixating on the past we need to accept that what was done has been done. There's only going forward. So move forward. Unite.

I believe SkepticOverlord realizes the divisive (and therefore destructive) nature of the debate and has come to the understanding that nothing can be done about then--BUT SOMETHING CAN BE DONE ABOUT NOW. Step one is stopping the bickering about things that have since passed that cannot be resolved any longer--the time for that has long since passed.

As I said, you're thinking micro--think macro: this is a matter of socialization, ethics, culture and the reversal of American values due to everyone only looking out for #1--being themselves (ie. rampant individualism). That's why the zombies with cell phones. That's why the stupid.

It's not just America, though--this kind of thing is happening everywhere on the globe. The world is a mess. Perfect time to usher in the NWO wouldn't you say?

By getting all hyper-fixated on this one conspiracy (or that other one with the drugs in the water) you're bogging yourself down and ignoring the larger picture of what's all actually happening and about to happen here. Have you studied comparative politics and american politics and government? Have you studied philosophy? Ethics? Psychology? Sociology? History? Art History? This isn't just someone putting # in the water lol it's a lot more complex than that. Like, don't you guys research this stuff, too?

Understanding this cultural phenomenon NOW (before it is too late--if it isn't too late already. this is not a new phenomena AT ALL.) Go look up rampant individualism and read the plethora of articles and professional journals about the subject, to start--and then go listen to a few of Terrence McKenna's 3-hour speeches. And then come back here and tell me that we should be focusing on 9/11 conspiracy.

Be analytical and evaluative--Blooms Taxonomy ring any bells? If it doesn't then go learn that, too. Because the important thing right now is getting to an understanding about what's going on in the human mind (on a global level) at this current time--and not only that but also understand HOW it got there and WHY that happened and most importantly you must figure out what that means for the FUTURE.

Only then can you start doing anything about anything.

Feeling me on this? Like did I say that well? Anyone else here understand what I'm talking about? Wake up people.
edit on 12-5-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

But its the American voting system so the change must come from within

Not likely, the system is to well guarded and the people are sent chasing their tails on the symptoms rather than concentrating on the real issue: conflict of interest in Washington.

However, don't think for a moment this is a US problem. The banking industry and the corporations pulling the string in Washington are Global international entities.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

A Virus That Makes You Stupid Has Infected Up to 1/2 of Humanity
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems much more reasonable setting the infection
ratio around 100% of Earth population!

We are all a lot stupider than we used to be.
But accepting that fact can improve your
quality of life. Don't worry. Be happy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join