It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Consciousness vs Artificial Programming

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There have been recent claims of a concept, that ultra advanced beings with ultra computer technology; could be simulating this entire reality we experience within the body. It's gained much attention and even contentment and agreement..

This is very disheartening to me; as one who has dream walked, Astral traveled remote viewed and a plethora of of experiences while out of body, consciously.

The biggest red flag for me; human beings completely disregarding reality, to exercise fantastical concepts in their minds, while reality goes on. As if some how, reality is not real enough.

Let's start destruction this fantastic idea; it would assume that our universe is nothing less, nothing more then an artifical structure built or created by a more advanced being(s).

Would assume gravity is nothing but a program. Biology, chemistry, physics and all the natures that create the universe and within, are just mere programs of an artificial intelligence.

These programs would be set in place by an advanced mind, which is conscious and aware of what it is doing, before it's does (thought before action)

In other words the program was done by a being or person very advanced then ourselves; would also mean these beings would not be of the program itself, they would then, be outside the said simulation. .

The main thing to focus on here; this so called advanced being is AWARE of its doings. It is consciousness and understands fully of it's thoughts/ actions.

Where does this being get its awareness from, to think, and therefore simulate a reality for beings like humans, and their consciousness of the reality they are in..

Consciousness is the awareness of self and surrounding enviroment (internally&externally). Where does this awareness come from, that animates the simulated matter of the reality/universe?

Consciousness then, would be seen as the intelligence, the part of self that is aware of its own thoughts, feelings, actions. The "house" of thought.

Back to the simulation.

If this universe were just a simulation, and "fake" in other words, then this entire reality is illusionary at best. What would be the point of existing? Be caught up in someone else's reality and get stuck inside of it, unwittingly?

Hold this thought a moment;

We return to the experinces that are outside of the body, or when the body is at rest. It's possible for (our) consciousness to project in a space that is timeless and as real as the space our bodies experience via receptive signals to its brain.

When we are dreaming; we are experiencing within a parallel space, where consciousness can; feel, hear, taste, and see-in colour, vividly/lucid.

If everything within the universe (external reality being translated via electrical signals) were simulated; then how is consciousness here experiencing it, and expericing in a parallel space simultaneously?

For those who have not experienced much in the Astral or dream space, or at all, it will be easy for you to dismiss this, and label others crazy. . How convenient for those.

You CAN experience your "other side", your consciousness is there, but the bridge is worn out and need rebuilding so to speak. I have keys for anyone interested, U2U.

Truely, if all were a simulation; it's driven by Consciousness, which is then, ultimately in control of the simulation/program. Meaning the universe came from the consciousness, its creation (artifical I'm this sense).

We as humans, are conscious of our experience in the body (via 5 sense signals), as well as within the dream/Astral/paralell space.

For this entire simulation to have truth, the projection then, comes from inside us, within the parallel space that the bodies 5 senses cannot receive signals of.

Therefore, a consciousness controls it, we are of consciousness, so we are of whatever is projecting the programmed simulation.

Consciousness over artifical creation/program.

What is its origins? Where does consciousness come from, to allow babies > grown adults, to experience and be aware of said simulation? Where would this advanced being (s) get their awareness and thoughts from?

I find this very important, as I said it's disheartening to me, to see people don't take their lives seriously enough, as if life isn't real enough.

What does that say of such thinking minds? Exercising artificial concepts, over their true self . . This to me, is very dangerous and demonstrates a disconnect from self and Source

It honestly breaks my heart .. as I and many others experince and have witnessed our internal self, what I'll refer to simply as Soul. Seeing the masses so disconnected from soul and exercising artifical dominion over their real experience, their real self..

My true advice if it meant anything; spend less time on these plastic devices and exercising fantastical concepts.. and put yourself more in nature and connect with; yourself, your feelings, your mother Earth, the cosmos, your dream state.

Find that connection and you will real eyes how real this universe is and how real you are, as a consciousness having a Universal-Human experience.

Thank you for reading.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The out of body does not have to be anything other than seeing through the eyes of another being, even a fly or mosquito. Linking with other minds. It doesn't even have to be anything other then memories created by another organism or person.

This reality is very real to us no matter if it is real or similated. You cut yourself and you bleed, you get shot in the chest and you will die.

This other being that is in control, sounds kind of like what is referred to as god. We could just be a microscopic part of a bigger organism, one we cannot identify from this speck in the universe. I am not restricted from believing there could be more to this than what science has already discovered. It could all be real and the earth could have a collective consiousness. There could be hundreds of things that we have not discovered yet that could better explain things than science has theorized or conditioned us to believe.

Our consciousness is guided by our conditioning, we have been conditioned since we were born. We were taught to see things as our parents and society sees them. We were taught to think like what they want us to think like and if you do not see things their way, they have a disease name for that. Much of our conditioning is necessary while other conditioning is just to make others rich or to give power to others to run things. But that is life, it varies from country to country, but basically all societies condition us. The conditioning also evolves faster than we can adapt to it now, it wasn't nearly as stressful fifty years ago.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

If I understand correctly we are a computer simulation that has become self aware. All our actions every second is just computer code, which we are existence of.

It would not bother me if by fact it was true. It would certainly explain a great many deal of things.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've been trying for many years to overcome the overall conditioning process. ATS has helped along the way from time to time. I'm quite interested in my own consciousness.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
a reply to: rickymouse

I've been trying for many years to overcome the overall conditioning process. ATS has helped along the way from time to time. I'm quite interested in my own consciousness.

It's kind of overrated. If nobody was conditioned, it could be a pretty boring world.

If there were no conspiracies, there would be no ATS

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I totally hate all these "reality is a simulation" theories for so many reasons. Just as much as i don't like the "there is nothing true but the imagination/material world" types. You can theorise everything but there comes always the point where the theory ahs to intersect, because it just doesn't work with one alone. When i am just a programme how come i have to maintain the physical vehicle carrying my imagination through life? When nothing is real and all that matters is my spirit, how can my foot hurt when i bumb against the table? If there is only the material world, then what is love? Sure there are impressive people with impressive self-control abilities, fakirs come to mind, but reality is real, nails are sharp and cut into my flesh, i can train myself to endure the pain, but it won't go away.

Now i had a very weird year i almost went insane if you ask me, but i also learned a lot about myself and the world we live in and found the biggest threat to mankind is: detachment.
To promote a theory in which i am just acting out a pre-written play by some ET-dude is downright stupid. Why?

1. the fundamental interconnectedness and the free will of all living things
  2. The almost uncounterble number of all decission makers involved, you could have one free-willed individual in a synthetic reality, but you can't have all free-willers and simulate all realities and make them match
  3. you'd have to be always ahead of everybodys needs and urges, because this is what drives your decissions and you can't because they are not all thoughts, i.E. pre-determined, or an "aware item" of everybodys personality
  4. The biggest problem is the chaotic nature of all life, the butterfly in Sechuang creating a tornado in Illinois
  5. Who would benefit from it and what? There is just no reason for anybody to do this, because it is just nothing, it really doesn't matter so much as we want to believe, i can die right now and live goes on, the ET could die right now and my life would go on

I do agree that we experience a period in which we learn that there are more conscience life forms influencing our mind and existence in different ways then we held possible, but every theory that gives me the exit card(allows me to blame my decissions on a external force of any kind) is very dark age, like almost cave dweller thinking.
What i find far more likely is there is some kind of thought cloud and since our brain is working on electro magnetic impulses the whole world is shielded by a sphere of electro magnetic fields, we occupy our brains all days with the 0&1 someone is feeding our electro-magnetic devices with, we learn how we are really capable of building our own reality with the power of our brains. This is maybe the age we discover how we are god acting and it will be measurable, it will be proven that we can, with algorythms, but the blame it on someone outside my own perception and range of decissions will set us back. Mostly because it is not true. If, then i'd think it is more likely that our universe is the body of someone living in a bigger universe, which is the body of a living thing in a bigger universe.... Just as i am the universe to my neurons, blood cells, and so on, they are like the galaxies. Down to the spinning quantas, where everyone of them is a planet on it's own. And the electro magnetic cloud is connecting us all.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
There have been recent claims of a concept, that ultra advanced beings with ultra computer technology; could be simulating this entire reality we experience within the body. It's gained much attention and even contentment and agreement..

This is very disheartening to me; as one who has dream walked, Astral traveled remote viewed and a plethora of of experiences while out of body, consciously.

I think this concept supports those experiences.

In other words the program was done by a being or person very advanced then ourselves; would also mean these beings would not be of the program itself, they would then, be outside the said simulation.

I don't think that is a given. People playing a video game are not less advanced than the people that develop the software and hardware of that those games run on.

Where does this being get its awareness from, to think, and therefore simulate a reality for beings like humans, and their consciousness of the reality they are in.

This and all the other questions you make in this post are just that, questions that we don't have answers to. Even in this reality we have tons of those.

We as humans, are conscious of our experience in the body (via 5 sense signals), as well as within the dream/Astral/paralell space.

For this entire simulation to have truth, the projection then, comes from inside us, within the parallel space that the bodies 5 senses cannot receive signals of.

Therefore, a consciousness controls it, we are of consciousness, so we are of whatever is projecting the programmed simulation.

Consciousness over artifical creation/program.

Are we just humans or are we that which is projecting the programmed simulation?

What does that say of such thinking minds? Exercising artificial concepts, over their true self . . This to me, is very dangerous and demonstrates a disconnect from self and Source

How do you know that one isn't part of the other?

It honestly breaks my heart .. as I and many others experince and have witnessed our internal self, what I'll refer to simply as Soul. Seeing the masses so disconnected from soul and exercising artifical dominion over their real experience, their real self.

At this point I'm not really sure what you mean by "real self". If you can experience outside of the body then is the real self the body or is the body just a simulation and the real self something that can continue outside of it?

Find that connection and you will real eyes how real this universe is and how real you are, as a consciousness having a Universal-Human experience.

I see agreement with the concept of a simulated universe despite your attempt to show the opposite.
edit on 12-5-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well I do believe this is a simulation, and when studying into atoms, there isn't much there, but a kind of plasma screen seems to be. What i don't believe is that aliens made it, more of a layer or a reflection from a higher plane. In a meditation stood on the painting of the universe and couldn't get back in. Without waking up, reset the flying and again was invited out through a trap door. I don't believe in this universe, don't like it. It is a duality zone and as such is BS and mesmer illusions. No one says to a 2 year old, grow up now, love you, respect your free will, now go play in traffic. and if rips you limb from limb, thats ok, just growing pains to be murdered, starved, beaten, to cry for years, nothing, everyone learns this way.

I believe this is nothing, and we can transcend it to the non duality loving place by intention and will and trying to work through negativity here. And we can offer that to everyone, by choosing understanding not forgiveness. When you understand everyone's walk and pain and programming, you don't blame or judge, certainly some people aren't safe to be around, you have to distance yourself from a psycho killer, but you can send love and healing. Understanding implies knowing that most people going through similar things have a bell curve of average turn out.

So I'm not interested in freeing or helping the elect few, but the masses, every single little baby, who needs to experience love, equality, happiness, hugs, and be nudged to help and grow up developign talents and contributing.

I don't believe any alien that is someone stuck in the same boat as us made this. They're just the bullies here in this lower duality realm, in reality since they're shriveled uncaring consciousness, they're the weakest things in existence for anyone that dominates and harms others is a shriveled soul, no matter how big their body suits might appear or how techno their species might be. They're going to be helped by us in the end when we're free and throw a hand down to them to get them to stop settling for dominating this lower realm and go higher.

They don't create realms, but they do hijack them, they're like a virus hijacking good places. Peter Pan's lost boys that need a Mommy really bad!

I also believe we're in the Mind, so it can't be anything but a simulation, thoughtscapes, and we never truly leave home, so we're still in the Mind, infinite individuals connected and in unity, and everything is something shaped or created by that consciousness.

Animate and inanimate infinite energies, inanimate is just a toaster. Mind is vastly superior to anything that is not animate.

If its not a simulation but layers, or multiverse bubbles, where there is animate and inanimate, it still hardly matters, for Mind is still superior to anything else.

But since there is nothing here but waves, and light seems to erect the pixels, can't see this isn't a hologram.

Its a repulsive reptilian dog eat dog predatory program that is so traumatizing to be in and to have to carry the weight of everyone and every creatures experience, pains and sorrows in.

If i could smash the machine and free every soul and bring them to wonderful places to learn to love and heal up from this horrific place, would do it in a flash. All my life. Argued with the councils I felt/saw/perceived as a teenager, unable to sleep and having to literally imagine going through each victim on the news of the most horrific crimes, including the child waking up and then being killed, AND having to go through the whole life from birth of the foster teen or person who committed the crimes, and their gradual insanity and loss of joy and happiness as well.

The end does not justify any means. People don't get to short cut learning by doing it rashly and intensely in horror.

And if that is not what's going on, but instead we're being vamped off of and held prisoners, that is going to end as well.

Might does not make right, right makes might. Right is loving and caring for others and empowering them and providing equality. Lack of equality is hatred and its really vile.

I don't see beauty in this universe, just a hell of a lot of suffering and hold a candle to every single person including the perpetrators and the babies and infants they were that I just want to gather into my arms.

I'm very glad its not real, very glad that consciousness can create beautiful realities and one day will be healed and loving enough to do so.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

Your intellect is infinite and you already are infinitely progressed, this is just a lower gravity layer of you. You're not a toaster that suddenly says, do I exist? Toasters can't question their existence. You are not AI. Body and Mind are 2 completely different things. Body here is nothing to me. And its not as real as thought and soul form, spirit form. Its far inferior. I've glimpsed people's higher selves, they're like wonderful angels. Its such an honor to be in the presence of anyone here, who they really are is amazing. Its such an honor to love.

You are not your body, you are not a part of this universe, you come from Wonderful Love and Consciousness. This is like watching a movie. Unfortunately when people start to equate with the movie, and start to hurt each other, they don't have the frequency to return home for a time.

Like in the movie Hook, you need your happy thoughts to fly. Fly home!

edit on 12-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The only reason the Highest Love and Goodness beings would ever allow people in these states, is because its a kind of confusion in our minds creating this reality. If people have harmed others, in severe ways, they're stricken to their cores and would have to rise above it through perceived experiences, even if they were dreams. I think every single boy and girl in existence, wants to exit the play the hero. And that is why its taking so long. Higher Beings, God/Goodness, the Tao of Love/All Goodness and Love has to work with someone's consciousness, enter into their mindset and draw them home.

But there are bullies hijacking.

And I'd do it differently, no one can learn in such negativity, they need to be downloaded with the reality of wonderful places and yearn healing and learn in better places. Because if you truly emerge a hero in a realm with so much suffering, woopee! I don't like the concept of elect in the midst of mind numbing horror. It destroys the concept so can't agree with the universe.

So the next idea that comes, is this delegating, where every level is on a steep learning curve, and the reason this plane is so messed up and primitive is because the levels over our heads haven't figured it out yet either, and they're harsh and punitive, and they don't get it, that is not how you heal people, you heal them by Love and equality and opportunities to help with many good role models and happiness. Any other environment to learn in is masochism, and insanity. So we're going to be rising above the levels over our heads and showing them the way to Love and Heal and Counsel and Create Abundance for all.

But as for the actual mechanism for watching the movie, its like we all bought the same dvd and are playing it. Our souls are like a dvd player, you turn on the computer, and it renders out of energy and information packets, via programs, scenery and worlds.

So my comparison for the universe is an Internet. Just data. We render it with the programs installed on the dvd. And also, its shared, like an online game, multiplayer.

And the joy of believing that is the knowledge this horror can be changed. And its going to be.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

where every level is on a steep learning curve, and the reason this plane is so messed up and primitive is because the levels over our heads haven't figured it out yet either, and they're harsh and punitive, and they don't get it

The only reason the Highest Love and Goodness beings would ever allow people in these states, is because its a kind of confusion in our minds creating this reality.

wonderfull, you solved your own dilemma. Now:

Stop hitting yourself!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Sorry its life long from childhood, horrific world, horrific universe. One murder on the news, and everyone has died. One dies as a million dies, since the million die individually as the one does. There is no numbers game, its horrific.
At one point when going to Church in the process of leaving that, and freeing my mind from those programs, actually had a series of visions. In one of the visions, while crying and very upset about the toddler in Uk who was tied to the train tracks by kids and murdered. That destroyed the universe. It doesnt exist at all now for me, not there at all. You can't recover from such horror. And I felt God/Presence waiting, and was shown infinite progression. Was also shown a tunnel, where i was sitting near the end and light, but refusing to go on. Was told, to stand up and carry on my journey.

What absolutely surprised me is that it was repeated twice, the first wasnt enough, but the second time was with information. The very first thing was that God Loved the way i felt and that everyone should feel that way, and that I was downloaded with God would feel exactly the same way in such a world, we're not supposed to accept any of this, we're not supposed to go to sleep comfortably at night when bodies are hitting the ground. But was told there was something I didn't know, didn't understand yet.

This isn't an occasional thought, every day of my life since I was young, this is what its all about and what I think of all the time. Because this universe is horrific abuse of all creatures great and small and there is no making up for what they are going through. And yeah I'm an empath and have to hold a candle to everyone and every creatures pain.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

But there are also still honest, decent people trying to be good. There is still friendship and love, they're just not on the news. It is both, the most horrific and the most beautiful place at the same time, we need to take responsibility for our actions and our thoughts, because it all matters, not just material reality but also the spiritual imaginery world.
As i see it, you should focus on the room for improvement, because you are god, basically. If you don't do it nobody will. But it is still both real, the things i imagine map out the future for the material evolution. If you deny the one you will automatically, eventually fail in the other. Because it is a matter of limiting your own experience. That can't be helpfull.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

As a researcher in AI myself, this universe we have is the perfect environment for testing and evaluating AI which includes us!

Behind every complex desire to know our origins and purpose and our place in the universe which many find deep and mystical, is the drive to perpetuate ourselves, to achieve immortality.

To strive for eternity is to strive for life - the life that truly matters by achieving sustainability and perfect harmony with what is good in the universe.

This logic can programmed or evolved into AI whether you like it or not. Feelings, sensations, emotions, pains, pleasure is not what define sentience because these things can be treated relatively or even reversed in how you wish to interpret it.

Thus, consciousness, if such concept really exist will also exist in hard AI - real, genuine AI, not those "AI" in your computer games or artificial business intelligence.

It's irrelevant whether you are real or not because all of this is not pointless at all and perhaps, one day, we might discover a way out or our programmer will select the best of us and implant us in a real body or machine in their reality and then it's gonna be real cool.

edit on 12-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

This world as it describes itself is a blend of analog and digital features. Everything that exists, exists as information and is given to be interpreted by us. Information acts in a way that it can be almost everything. Our chemistry and makeup as humans allows us to interpret this information in a certain way. We immediately see something at first glance and that is our biased view on information as the information we for example see, takes a certain form.

But the thing is; Let's say you were to say the word "Love". It's just information right? So that word can be interpreted and converted to infinitely many ways. You can convert that to any language we have. You can also turn it into binary code, make a chemistry language that if could be read would represent that word. But what's important is the fact that there is something behind the mere word. That cannot be described by mere information to the fullest. To me that means we are not of this world.

But as far as I can think, feel or intend, I think that cannot be done to our very awareness. I think that it is from beyond all the analog/digital information there is. The thing which to us from this viewpoint in space and state would seem incomprehensible, utterly flabbergastable, the thing which we cannot imagine since not of this world, nor any world. It would be the ultimate world.
But once we would be there, it would be the most normal content place to be. The laws of the world do not apply there, as that would be the foremodel. They are...more perfect.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
This conciousness you refer to created AI not the other way round
So it would only be Conciousness vs AI if the intent was conciousness opposing conciousness
AI is artificial ... Conciousness is Natural

AI as such has no value unless it can used to enhance our concious experience
The idea of AI conjures demons in the mind to many, soulless machines that will take over The Human Race
The stuff of science fiction ... and yet science is double edged sword
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein related this

Science is pure enquiry into the natural world and how it works... to manipulate the natural world is another matter
Not always a bad thing but also not always a good thing

Me I prefer the natural world and way of things ... but also find some scientific advances positive
However when we look at the Natural world ... we see great beauty and also great destruction
Such is the nature of Humanity ...

edit on 12-5-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Interesting topic.
I posted something similar. No response whatsoever.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm incline for the conscious being. A "Superior Being".

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Very well considered and said!

I also have similar concerns about believing in the "video game" theory or whatever name we give the simulation explanation for the reality we all find ourselves participating in.

My basic argument against the simulation explanation is that the simulated reality would be the same as any other reality we consider this to be - in the sense that we never experience anything outside of our awareness regardless.

Every perception, sensation, etc., that we experience is an electronic configuration created by an object's "output", and received as "input" by the senses and then to the nervous system-brain-mind.

So we think we are seeing an actual object, but that object is actually an image we perceive, and in fact, because it takes time for the object's image to be created through these processes, we are not even perceiving what the object necessarily looks by the time we see the image - i.e., we are perceiving a memory of that object.

So not only are we not directly experiencing the object (only an electronic re-presentation of it), but the object in reality may have already changed from what our newly-formed memory is of it.

In other words, we are experiencing an approximation at best of what is our actual "objective" reality.

Whether simulated or apparently not simulated, it is necessary to transcend the illusion that the body-brain-mind is constantly creating, through the point-of-view-making machine of attention, as our virtual reality in each moment.

To do so one must discover what transcends all conditions, virtual or apparently otherwise - and this necessarily requires first a real understanding and acceptance that we arise in an unlimited field of relatedness. As you point out, we (as apparent body-minds) are connected to all that arises, not truly separate from anything.

To discover the truth, one must simply and constantly persist in this recognition that the whole body-mind is completely dependent on, and connected to, its environment, a vast sea of relatedness.

We do not have to seek to achieve union with God or anything else experiential, whether apparently internal (via the subtle body-mind) or external (via the physical body-mind). In fact, all seeking to escape or console the body-mind is the root of our suffering.

We simply must persist in being what we already are, under all conditions - non-separate self-aware consciousness (aka Light-Energy, Feeling-Awareness, Love-Bliss, Being, Reality, etc.) Of course, such persistence generally requires supportive disciplines to counteract our constant illusions of separation and independence, our searches to escape what is, etc., but that is not the topic of this thread.

edit on 5/12/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
For those who have a hard time picturing it:

en.wikipedia.org...
All of nature contains fractals.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.differencebetween.com...

There is no matter however its just energy that can be collapsed into matter, its DATA.

And that makes this a game no matter how you look at it, and we're co-rending a big mistake.

Not the beauty in it, but because love can't exploit, harm, or force, on lower levels this can only be dominated by evil, there is no balance, no built in safeties and as such, its a huge fail.

Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment

Perception - The reality beyond matter

Holographic DNA Detector

www.theosophy-nw.org...

In 1951 Bohm wrote a classic textbook entitled Quantum Theory, in which he presented a clear account of the orthodox, Copenhagen interpretation of quantum physics. The Copenhagen interpretation was formulated mainly by Niels Bohr and Werner Heisenberg in the 1920s and is still highly influential today. But even before the book was published, Bohm began to have doubts about the assumptions underlying the conventional approach. He had difficulty accepting that subatomic particles had no objective existence and took on definite properties only when physicists tried to observe and measure them. He also had difficulty believing that the quantum world was characterized by absolute indeterminism and chance, and that things just happened for no reason whatsoever. He began to suspect that there might be deeper causes behind the apparently random and crazy nature of the subatomic world.

Bohm sent copies of his textbook to Bohr and Einstein. Bohr did not respond, but Einstein phoned him to say that he wanted to discuss it with him. In the first of what was to turn into a six-month series of spirited conversations, Einstein enthusiastically told Bohm that he had never seen quantum theory presented so clearly, and admitted that he was just as dissatisfied with the orthodox approach as Bohm was. They both admired quantum theory's ability to predict phenomena, but could not accept that it was complete and that it was impossible to arrive at any clearer understanding of what was going on in the quantum realm. ...

One nice thing when you realize its just a hologram, it can be changed and cleaned up on the other side, its not a material concrete mistake, its not errors made in stone, its just the bad ideas of people that need their heads improved.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Good morning from Canada

Busy last night, and have to open my store this morning, so it will be delay before I can respond.

I'm just checking on the thread, I really appreciate the responses and thought everyone have put in.

Thanks, I'll join the discussionsoon

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join