It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Principles of Forgiveness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thought this would be the right section to post this since forgiveness deals with relationships with others and yourself
.I was encouraged by my angels to share this and pass it on, as it has helped me and hopefully will help you.

I just wanted to share with you all these principles of forgiveness that are inspiring and were written by the author Kyle Gray! But first...

What does forgiveness mean to you?
Forgiving someone or even ourselves for even the smallest things in life might seem hard,but it has a miraculous healing effect on our heart and soul, I think if we all learned to forgive (little or big), maybe the world would be a step to a better place! You don't have to agree with me, but I wanted to share that anyways!

You may have said you forgave yourself or someone for something hurtful they did, yet still within you a little nick of anger and hurt remains upon your circuitry, when you think about the situation.
Everyone needs to forgive at one point or another, or else that resentment and grudge will eat away at our soul and life Essennce, let's rise above resistance and return to love
, after all we are moving closer and closer to the fifth dimension where we return to love and light that has always been inside us and will soon shine again, but first we must release the old, release resentments and fears,forgive and let go, and clear away what's not for our highest good.

The Principles Of Forgiveness
(Taken from Wings of Forgiveness by Kyle Gray)

1.Forgiveness is a deeply profound acceptance of our holliness.

2.Forgiveness is the total acceptance that we are all equal.

3.Forgiveness is honoring the devine in others and ourselves.

4.Forgiveness is the moment we step back into our true selves.

5.Forgiveness is the moment we let love be out source of power.

6.Forgiveness is the welcome home to peace.

7.Forgiveness is the awakening of our inner vision.

8.Forgiveness is remembering our innocence

9.Forgiveness is when someone else's errors no longer affect our happiness.

10.Forgiveness is the opening to a love that's ever present.

11.Forgiveness digests toxicity and initiates healing.

12.Forgiveness is the remembering that we can never really be hurt, for nothing can tarnish our soul.
edit on 4131pmMon, 11 May 2015 17:08:41 -05001pmAmerica/Chicago by starwae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: starwae

The first and foremost rule I employ when considering forgiveness is:

DOES THE PERSON I SHOULD FORGIVE DESERVE IT AND BE A BETTER PERSON AFTERWARDS.

From a lifetime of experience, there have been people who would use forgiveness to get away with things and repeat their mistakes knowing there is little or no consequence.

Forgiving everyone and always is a weak option for those who cannot see further than the here and now imo. Sometimes it must surely be better to let someone live with the memory of their mistake without forgiveness. Perhaps it would help them percieve their own actions and more importantly, the consequences of those actions. Otherwise, where's the guilt to feed the sense of right and wrong.

Sometimes, forgiving can condone wrong doings and let people off the hook without a need to apologise or employ a sense of responsibility.

Nice thread O.P, but way too idealistic imo.

BTW...I wrote this on my own without the help of any angels.
edit on 11/5/2015 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well I guess I was expecting this lol okay I see your point.

Okay you don't have to forgive the person's actions but can you forgive them as a person? A person who is just like you in sense, since we are all connected, so whatever unforgivenness or other emotion such as anger you have for other you have for yourself.

And another thing, it is always "here and now" but I guess you are someone who is either stuck in the past or too focused on the future.

Thanks for the input anyways! Love and ligh.

edit on 5431pmMon, 11 May 2015 17:59:54 -05001pmAmerica/Chicago by starwae because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
'Forgive us of our trespasses, as we forgive those that trespass against us.'

While issues are unresolved it is difficult to put any kind of end to them. But as some issues will never really be solved it does help to at least find some peace within them. Forgiveness can take the weight of and lead to a better understanding of the situation.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

The first and foremost rule I employ when considering forgiveness is:

DOES THE PERSON I SHOULD FORGIVE DESERVE IT AND BE A BETTER PERSON AFTERWARDS.

Forgiving everyone and always is a weak option for those who cannot see further than the here and now imo. Sometimes it must surely be better to let someone live with the memory of their mistake without forgiveness. Perhaps it would help them percieve their own actions and more importantly, the consequences of those actions. Otherwise, where's the guilt to feed the sense of right and wrong.

Sometimes, forgiving can condone wrong doings and let people off the hook without a need to apologise or employ a sense of responsibility.

I dont think you have a reasonable concept of forgiveness

Forgiveness doesnt suggest you must trust, it doesnt suggest you go back to doing the same, believing the same about the person who broke trust.
Forgiveness heals the forgiver more than the person who erred in the first place.

IF YOU FORGIVE YOU WILL BE A BETTER PERSON THAN YOU WERE, HAPPIER AND HEALTHIER.

Forgiveness doesnt condone wrongdoings or let people off the hook, it just allows you to move on without the weight of anger and bitterness

The Problem is how do you forgive?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Lovely thread OP, you must have some smart Angels hanging out with you!

I needed some reminding myself actually, quite timely, so thank you again x
Wag

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
As it has been stated forgiveness does not mean you condone a wrong doing...It does not mean that there will still be consequences....and it does not mean that you will forget. It does mean you letting go of your anger and resentment and any negative emotion that the action caused you..It also means you do not have this overwhelming sense to throw the actions of the past in the persons face every time you see them ....If you feel the need to do that then you have not forgiven..

But unforgiveness and harboring that anger or resentment or hatred or disgust or whatever it is you feel when you think of the wrong done against you or someone you care about, will eat you alive.....It will make you bitter, and harden your heart. It will keep you from loving and being able to accept love..... It will make you physically and mentally ill...But the worst is it will kill your spirit.......

None of us are perfect and if we could learn to stand in someone else's shoes, a little more often we would find it easier to forgive.....

Pax

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Really good answers and I only want to expand on them.... if I may,

There is a reason why in the Lord's prayer we say, "Forgive us of our sins as we forgive those who have sinned against us". If you do not forgive everyone who has sinned against you then God will NOT forgive you of your sins. No one can enter paradise (heaven) with unforgiven sins. Now this does not mean to forget the terrible act, it does not mean to keep the relationship or invite that person back into your life, it means to forgive them for their sins against you.

"Revenge is mine says the Lord."

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave itto the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

So why forgive everyone? Failing to forgive that person will torment you until you do. You will relive the event over and over again but forgiveness will let you move on and the pain will stop. God will heal your heart and make you stronger. You will be able to smile again and feel free from the torment.

edit on 12-5-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Even if the person you forgive doesn't appreciate it, there is yourself to consider. Holding on to a grudge because the person in question "doesn't deserve" forgiveness is as damaging to you as anyone else. If the person you choose not to forgive could care less whether you forgive them or not (i.e. they don't deserve it), then holding a grudge against them is only hurting one person - you. You might as well forgive them and go on with your life. Let it go.

Just because you forgive doesn't mean you have to forget in the sense that you leave yourself open for them to hurt you in like fashion another time.

I also wrote this without the help of any angels (at least as far as I know), only the wisdom of what life has taught me thus far.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Beautiful input everyone!

Here is a few passages I like on forgiveness in the book "You can heal your life"

"To release the past, we must be willing to forgive.
We need to choose to release the past and forgive everyone, ourselves included.We may not know how to forgive, and we may not want to forgive, but the very fact we are willing to forgive begins the healing proccess.It is imperative to out own healing that "we" release the past and forgive everyone."

"A course in Miracles says that "All dis-ease comes from a state of unforgivenness", and that "whenever we are ill, we need to look around to see who it is that we need to forgive".

"I would add to that concept that the very person you find it hardest to forgive is the one you need to let go of the most.Forgiveness means giving up, letting go. It has nothing to do with condoning behavior. It's just letting the whole thing go. We do not have to know HOW to forgive.All we need to do is be WILLING to forgive. The universe will take care of the hows."

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

To those who have discernment .....hear........Your words are Prophecy. Whether or not you have a relationship with God; he has chosen you to speak. Your words are wise and you know what tue peace is otherwise you would have spoken different. You understand that?

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

WOW...... I got goose bumps........!!

I hope to see more posts from you.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I forgive, for myself. So I can be happy and not dragged down with bitterness.
It doesn't do anything at all for the other in some cases, and it doesn't matter to me whether they "deserve" it.

I may still choose to no longer interact with the person, or other harsh decisions, but they'd be more based on logic and reason than on emotion. If someone has a problem which makes them do harmful things to others, for example, I can forgive that inside because we ALL have problems, and hell, that is part of being human. We don't even have complete conscious control over much of our behavior or feelings.

But I might still make tough decisions based on the necessity of protecting myself or others from harm.
Forgiveness is an internal state and feeling, not an act.
edit on 20-5-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I forgive, for myself. So I can be happy and not dragged down with bitterness.
It doesn't do anything at all for the other in some cases, and it doesn't matter to me whether they "deserve" it.

I don't know how many peoplle see it this way but I think forgiveness is a neccesary life skill that has to be learned (or relearned, I think children are naturally forgiving). I have observed changes based from decisions people made out of forgiveness and it's powerful' this is why Jesus emphasized it so much. Peter asks Jesus how many times he must forgive Jo's brother that wrongs him, even seven? Jesus replies he must forgive seven times seventy times even if necessary.

My roommate is difficult to live with sometimes and I find I have to forgive him daily to not become overly irritated with him. I gladly forgive albeit our differences him because he is my friend. People from deeper in my past, when I was a child and emotionally immature and clueless I find more difficult to mature. These people as of now I have to forgive them nearly every time i think of them because the wrongs they did to me became my perception of them in my mind. Its tough.

Forgiveness is essentially a releasing of emotional ability that got stuck somewhere. We even have to forgive ourselves.

I have complex ptsd, and have found forgiveness the most useful method for recovery. It's not at all easy but worth it in the long run.

new topics

top topics

join