It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abby Martin - Angering the “American Sniper” cult

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
21stcenturywire.com...

It seems that activist and former RT America host, Abby Martin, has been caught in the cross hairs of Chris Kyle’s new found following...

This storm of controversy started after Martin released a photo of a T-Shirt design she is currently marketing, which reads “F*ck Chris Kyle”.

--snip--

“It’s an insane, cult-like syndrome and they are on top of the world. The U.S. is the military machine, it’s the military empire. And here you have this war ‘hero’ who is in reality a xenophobic, racist bigot that bragged about killing savages,” said Martin.

She reserved some of her strongest criticism for those who claim that Kyle died defending the Constitution, when in reality he was slain by another soldier:
“Don’t get it twisted, he didn’t die in Iraq,” she said. “Just the fact that these people think the Iraq War had something to do with freedom, that’s how in denial they are and that’s how dangerous movies like ‘American Sniper’ are.”

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
*shrugs* make those comments about a living soldier, nobody cares.

Taking pot shots at a dead guy has a tendency to bring out some serious vitriol.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

It's a celebration of a warrior not a social issue...until someone comes along to try to make i one.

edit on 11-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I seen the movie..it was pretty good.
The focus, in my opinion, wasn't about him being some sort of he-man. It was a focus on a need for attention to PTSD sufferers. Not just of the ones you are closest with, but of all suffering soldiers coming home after dealing with the mess that is iraq/afghanistan.

I dont know why this is even a slightly controversial film. I found it a sad reminder that just because a person comes home from war, doesn't mean their mind came home also.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

It's a celebration of a warrior not a social issue...until someone comes along to try to make i one.

This comes from when she was on Joe Rogan's podcast the last time. He sort of started the idea that there should be shirts, like
"CAUSE... MERICA"

And telling her she would be getting hate from chris kyle fans..

So she upped the anti on the show, and started making chris kyle jokes, and I guess after that started actually making the shirts??

This was only VERY recently that she was on the show.

Abby is probably a bit too firey for her own good, but I can see why someone would not respect a Liar.. Chris Kyle will get no love from me. I was in the Army.. But sorry.. If you like the man, we have no issues between us.. I'm not rabid.. I just don't like Lies.

I have no idea why Abby has an issue with kyle except she is at that stage of enlightenment where you look for enemies.. And people who seem to brag about death seem to be an enemy to your new utopia you are building in your head.. So While she is going overboard, I can understand her point of view..

I tend to shy away from kicking people when they are down, so I think Abby is a bit in poor taste, but I am WAY more against PC police than I am of things I disagree with, so whatever...

She did the interview on April 15th, 2015..
Not sure when Chris kyle comes into it, but it starts off with why she escaped RT... RT is now probably mad at her.. GEt IT?????

edit on 11-5-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Ok I scanned and scanned for you guys lol...

In my above post is a video..
In that video go to 1:43:00..

that's when Abby starts on American Sniper..

This is what all started her train of thought and the T-shirt idea.. This is the same Video she trashes the RT in the beginning..

I Love how Joe tries to pull everyone back to the middle.. She's like "sniping is a coward go in with nunchucks or whatever."
And joe is like that is a terrible idea... Haha.. He beings up Chris Kyle helping people with PTSD.. And everytime she says he sniped babies and women, Joe brings it back to real information.. "He's evil." says Abby.. Joe says.. "He's a human."

He tries to get her to not just be ao biased. He's a good dude.

For some reason I can't find where she and joe discuss making T-shirts in relation to Chris Kyle haha.. I know it's there because it's the only time I have heard Abby talk in like maybe ever, lol..

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think the shirts are a little extreme.

That being said, I'm no Chris Kyle or American Sniper fan.

Some may find this interesting:

It's ranty, just fyi.

edit on 5-11-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Got it now.. Chris Kyle comes up the second time at 2:09:30..
Right here

This is where she started her thing..

It's also... This is all the time I can spend on this..

It's silly to care about really. It would be less silly to care about if Chris Kyle didn't lie in his book, or if he was alive to refute or argue anything.. He's not alive, so I'm not really interested.. Abby is a bit much, but she's not coming from a bad spot.

EDIT: 2:29:50 in the above link the shirt comes up again that joe "Thought he invented."

Cause America..

And she says "There's probably one that says 'because, Chis Kyle, America.' "
Joe says: "That's coming... it has your name on it."

Some inbetween the lines "twitter hate is coming your way joe says"

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

"Warriors" don't hide in the bushes from their enemies.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Actually camouflage requires it.
WE DON'T use swords anymore we use RANGED weapons so I can professionally assure you YES ,yes we do.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

"Warriors" don't hide in the bushes from their enemies.

What?
You have never heard of Martin the Warrior..

And you most certainly have NEVER heard of camouflage..

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You both missed my point didn't you?

This thread is not about a "warrior".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
She is right. She is also close to the zeitgeist movement and anyone close to it or inside it tends to see it all the BS more clearly.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Someones missing something alright.
NO ,the thread is another lame narrative to assess traditional American values as overbering and incorrect.
WE ARE exceptional in MANY ways.
edit on 11-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Didn't like what I heard about Mr.Kyle...

The fabrications and jovial sociopathy et al...

But those T-Shirts are as classy and intentionally offensive/provocative as the recent Muhammad "art exhibit".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I got 2 paragraphs in on the source and knew where this was going. Several questions. Why does one need to piss another off on purpose? Why does one feel the need to spend that much energy on it? WTF is wrong with both of you people on "sides"? I think that last one is the most important.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
they are savages and he should be proud

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Someones missing something alright.
NO ,the thread is another lame narrative to assess traditional American values as overbering and incorrect.
WE ARE exceptional in MANY ways.

The Brainwashing is strong with this one.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That interview with Abby cemented her into my "omg they really like me!" Attention seeking twenties something that has a camera pointed at her section of my mind, not far from snookie.

She starts by how she got hired at RT lol. Il paraphrase "I was down at OWS Oakland and was really loud a kinda cute so they started pointing cameras at me and then this guy came up to me and was all like "hey wanna get paid to talk bad about America?" And she was like "zomg for shizzle" and then spent many moons screaming hormone filled rants on the Russian propaganda network...

Now Abby isn't retarded so she noticed some of the stuff going on around her and in Russia and when she decided to bit the new hand feeding her well... They parted ways.

Now Joe gives her a platform to spew skewed data. Good job on him bringing that Sam atheist fellow back on to defend himself tho. Abby definitely has that ultimate lefty victim attitude and let's it fly with alarmist vigor.

She's basically what happens when you put John Boehner into photo shop and use the negative filter. The exact opposite of an Ohio right wing gun nut Christian. Need to toss out this outliers opinions most of the time IMO. Much to blue of a tint to it.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I'm sure once you've read a bit YOU'LL be fine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join