It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to acquire new Maritime Patrol Aircraft in response to Russian Submarine threat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The only thing on social media worse than the idiotic comments about the P-8A are the even more idiotic comments about Boeing when talking about the P-8A.
edit on 2/6/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The only thing on social media worse than the idiotic comments about the P-8A are the even more idiotic comments about Boeing when talking about the P-8A.

"There are none so blind as those who will not see".

Thankfully, they are not consulted when things get sketchy.

And things get sketchy a lot. Much more so than people realize.

But that's the way it should be. If it were otherwise, people would have trouble sleeping I bet.

There are times when I agree with Jack Nicholson's character in "A Few Good Men".

But I guess you have to be there to see it.

edit on 2/6/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It's actually pretty funny. Once again I've been accused of being a Boeing shill for daring to suggest the Max issues have absolutely nothing to do with the P-8A, and that the 737-800 that it's based on has an outstanding safety record.

posted on Feb, 7 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Really. I thought this blanket statement in that article, showed what most media really understands about how they work..

The P8 jets look for magnetic fields under the water's surface.

By the time the machine and crew get to that part of the tactical solution, the acoustic (and other) sensors have found the target.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I liked the C-130's but the P-3's had better accommodations including a coffee pot and a galley.

On a long flight, a fresh pot of coffee can make a world of difference, n'est pas?

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

It's actually pretty funny. Once again I've been accused of being a Boeing shill for daring to suggest the Max issues have absolutely nothing to do with the P-8A, and that the 737-800 that it's based on has an outstanding safety record.

I hate it when that happens.

Carry on my friend!

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I think the best two comments in the last couple days regarding the Max, are the guy that claimed if both engines fail it will fall from the sky tail first, and the guy that replied to my response that the Max is different, because the pilots have to control the pitch to glide it, because the engines are heavier in back.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You know that I'm not a fan of Boeing. I have some friends at NAS Jacksonville that are in VP-30. They love the P-8. I just wish that it had MAD capability.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

I was actually surprised to find out it didn't when they first rolled it out. I've heard the same from various crew members though. They all seem to really like flying on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join