It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS #LondonAttack Threats Linked to Texas Terrorist Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Patriotic hacker The Jester reported the ISIS account threatening an attack in London is affiliated with @AbbHu55ain_3 who tweeted out the #TexasAttack before it happened.

ISIS #LondonAttack Threats Linked to Texas Terrorist Attack

So they just linked the #LondonAttack to the guy that tweeted about the #TexasAttack prior to it happening....lends a little more legitimacy to the threat I think.

Keep an eye out in London any fellow ATS'ers there. I would say this link makes the threat pretty valid, though who knows how big of a threat....

edit on 5/11/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

There have been threats against constables as a photogenic target. Please give them a big smile and be nice to them. They're feeling a bit 'frontline' at the moment.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The linking of this to the #TexasAttack is blowing up right now. Making it's rounds faster than the #LondonAttack on its own it would seem. Linking these two to a single source, and one that tweeted about the attack prior to it happening, is interesting. I would be wary of being near either of the places mentioned in the tweets at this point.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Good catch OP.

Will keep a close eye on things over the next few hours and days.

Given our recent election the timing could also be important.

Most of these things turn out to be just words but that said they cannot be ignored, you can bet that if this had came from the same account as the threats before Texas then the UK security services will be all over this.
edit on 11-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Good catch OP.

Will keep a close eye on things over the next few hours and days.

Given our recent election the timing could also be important.

Most of these things turn out to be just words but that said they cannot be ignored, you can bet that if this had came from the same account as the threats before Texas then the UK security services will be all over this.

Twitter has been actively shutting numerous accounts down today that are posting the LondonAttack and related to IS....they seem to be posting #qaribanqariba a lot in reference to this as well.....apparently that is one of the tags to watch for when something is going down.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Looks like all the original tweeters have been suspended.

Told Muslims to stay away from Convent Garden...

So any non Muslims here...
Stay away from Convent Garden.

Seems pretty stupid to say "Muslims stay away from *insert place*" as if all the non Muslims who see it will ignore the message...

Brain Fail 101.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Seems pretty stupid to say "Muslims stay away from *insert place*" as if all the non Muslims who see it will ignore the message...

Brain Fail 101.

Yeah.....another one had a map of Paddington Station as well, so I saw some warnings about that area.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The guy who tweeted that is the same guy linked to the 6 Minnesotans who attempted to fly out and join ISIS. Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan

Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan’s most recent display of influence came a week ago when he was linked by Twitter to the shooting at a Texas event where artists depicted their version of the prophet Mohammed. Before the shooting, Hassan sent messages urging his “brothers” to commit such an attack and later praised the gunmen who were killed.

Now believed to be fighting in Somalia, Hassan was in close contact with Abdi Nur, a Somali-American who managed to fly out of the Twin Cities last May — a day after his friend, Abdullahi Yusef, was stopped by FBI agents from boarding a flight bound for Istanbul. Both men sought to continue on to Syria to join ISIL forces, according to charges.

Those two cases are part of a wider conspiracy under investigation and are tied to the recent arrests of six Somali-American men charged with plotting to leave the U.S. and fight for ISIL.

Hassan’s involvement in terrorism first came to light through the Operation Rhino investigation.

He was close friends with Ahmed Ali Omar, who left Minneapolis in 2007 as part of the first wave.

Omar’s younger brother, Guled, is one of the six men arrested in late April and who himself tried to leave the U.S. three previous times, according to the FBI.

Star Tribune - Minneapolis

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Warn about 2 areas and choose 2 others to attack. Pretty good idea for an attack. Look at this hand and not this one...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

The guy who tweeted that is the same guy linked to the 6 Minnesotans who attempted to fly out and join ISIS. Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan

Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan’s most recent display of influence came a week ago when he was linked by Twitter to the shooting at a Texas event where artists depicted their version of the prophet Mohammed. Before the shooting, Hassan sent messages urging his “brothers” to commit such an attack and later praised the gunmen who were killed.

Now believed to be fighting in Somalia, Hassan was in close contact with Abdi Nur, a Somali-American who managed to fly out of the Twin Cities last May — a day after his friend, Abdullahi Yusef, was stopped by FBI agents from boarding a flight bound for Istanbul. Both men sought to continue on to Syria to join ISIL forces, according to charges.

Those two cases are part of a wider conspiracy under investigation and are tied to the recent arrests of six Somali-American men charged with plotting to leave the U.S. and fight for ISIL.

Hassan’s involvement in terrorism first came to light through the Operation Rhino investigation.

He was close friends with Ahmed Ali Omar, who left Minneapolis in 2007 as part of the first wave.

Omar’s younger brother, Guled, is one of the six men arrested in late April and who himself tried to leave the U.S. three previous times, according to the FBI.

Star Tribune - Minneapolis

Yeah....I would say that if it is coming from this guy then there has to be a credible threat. Some type of attack coming, though may have been thwarted at the last minute.

Either way....be safe Londoners!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Warn about 2 areas and choose 2 others to attack. Pretty good idea for an attack. Look at this hand and not this one...

This guy doesn't seem to warn about one area then attack another....seems he has done this before and followed through exactly where he said.

Hopefully that is not the case here and it is just idle threats or will be taken care of before anything happens.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Another interesting link is Abdullahi Yusef. A friend, or friend of a friend, to Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan.

He is in a halfway house with an attempt to "deradicalize" him after he was caught trying to leave and join ISIL.

A Minnesota judge earlier this year sent Mr. Yusuf to a halfway house, where he adheres to a tailor-made curriculum aimed at reintegrating him into American society and his immigrant community here. If the program succeeds, Mr. Yusuf’s sentence could be reduced—and the approach to his deradicalization replicated, experts say.

Deradicalize Article

It will be interesting to see what he does when released from a goverment re-education program......

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
"Muslims stay away from *insert place*"

Sounds like a diversion.

It's like when distracting someone in a conversation by pointing behind them and saying "LOOK A SQUIRREL".

Keep crying wolf and then no one will listen to you anymore though. Meaning that no one will leave, leading to more casualties/devastation.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

The FBI has been ignoring this guy for quite a while. So much for the "see something say something" policy that's supposed to make us all feel better.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Brain Fail 101.

That at least is a clear re-hash of the classic IRA urban myth/scare attempt where an old dear in London, Brum (well, before it was taken over by Sharia looool) or Manchester meets an Irish guy who needs loose change, helps him, and gets told to stay away from such and such a town or shopping centre next week.

Bollocks to it all, we've had the bejayzus bombed out of us by plenty folk, and we still amble around sipping tea and chuntering on about the weather.

Not saying that there wont be some kinda strike, but i'm damned if i'll ever listen to that kind of warning and change my life.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Yeah if I wasn't going to Portugal tomorrow I'd pop down CG and have a little stroll through the town.

Nice area.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

It sure is, i was there just three or four weeks ago with the Mrs and she was there again last week. Luckily i think (hope?) most Brits still have the "F U" mentality to being threatened and bombed.

The "Not Afraid" thing after 7/7 was a good example.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Well I will just parrot what I've been saying since I've been with this community..

Isis is being allowed to threat, to cause terrorism, to boast on the Internet.

Why haven't all twitter and FB accounts regarding ANY THREAT to ANY nation, been deactivated?

Why is this threat not dealt with yet, it should not have lasted this long, the powers are obviously in on this pseudo operation. . There is no other answer for them to still exist.

Especially after what went down in 2001; any terrorism or threats from the ME should be dealt with immediately. Yet here we are, more threats and terrorists.

To end; isn't the most powerful military on Earth occupying the ME? Why? 9/11.

So where are the orders for such a military to end this so the rest of us can live on without a threat or terrorism?

Think about it... someone in power wants this to happen. But hide behind alphabets and avatars. ..

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Anyone have Jack Bauer on speed dial?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Well if that's the case, I'm sure MI5 will have first hand knowledge of this, let it happen, and later admit the attackers were under surveillance just like in Woolwich and 7/7 bombings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join