It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a border patrol agent comments how cute your dog is, you better not ignore the compliment!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
She should get special treatment.

Nah, the usual constitutionally-mandated respect of civil rights would have been satisfactory.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Nicely stated and thank you for adding your thoughts to this thread.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

She should get special treatment.

Nah, the usual constitutionally-mandated respect of civil rights would have been satisfactory.

Doubt that. Can't have it both ways.

They either fo their job or they don't. They did their job.

edit on 13-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Can't wait for the next thread about some event the Border Patrol should have stppoed, but they were just kicking back in their office having donuts.

If a terrorist attack is successful, it won't be because Border Patrol failed to (illegally) search all the cars on the road. It will be because our strategies are screwed from the top down by political correctness, inept leadership, and the distraction of incogitable amounts of data collection.

What do you mean when you say "Can't have it both ways?"
edit on 13-5-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Can't wait for the next thread about some event the Border Patrol should have stppoed, but they were just kicking back in their office having donuts.

If a terrorist attack is successful, it won't be because Border Patrol failed to (illegally) search all the cars on the road. It will be because our strategies are screwed from the top down by political correctness, inept leadership, and the distraction of incogitable amounts of data collection.

Let's blame Obama.

Better yet, how about each department is competent in being thorough and diligent in their responsibilities.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If you haven't observed the changes in policy and action across all federal agencies since 2008, there's no point in continuing discussion.

If you want to try and understand my position, start by looking at the credentials and statements of any Obama appointee.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

If you haven't observed the changes in policy and action across all federal agencies since 2008, there's no point in continuing discussion.

If you want to try and understand my position, start by looking at the credentials and statements of any Obama appointee.

Illegal activity does not have a face, it has an action/behavior. BP are trained to notice behaviors.

This woman's behavior was aggressive, challenging, and belligerent. It was not simply her asking what she did.

I live on the southern border. I could walk to Mexico from my house. I used to be able to walk over for lunch just with my drivers license.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well, if she would have complied and made a formal complaint after the fact it wouldn't have turned ugly. There is no reason to start challenging authority on the business end of it, the police or military. It must be challenged from unity and administration. Telling them they have 20 minutes to search or she will be gone, and that she will stand where she wants is only going to illicit a bad response.

Looking at the video, she jumped out and started yelling first. I bet if she just opened the trunk it would have all been over and she would have been miles from the scene instead of being tazed. You can't win a fight or argument with these authorities on the street. Well, without ending up a murderer of a LEO. The supervisor didn't seem aggressive at all initially even telling her she could walk away! When have you been told you could walk away while suspected of criminal activity? So, the issue was this woman wanted to show HER authority and found out what the business end of authority thinks about that on the street.

I would even bet that since she failed the exam to join them that she was a supporter of law enforcement before this incident. I think law school went to her head. Don't they teach you combating the law is done in a court room? Not on the street telling officers what they are going to do or what you are going to do regardless of the directives given like waiting to be searched by a K9? In my experience the only time a K9 is called to the scene is if you don't allow a search anyway. I understand the illegal search issue, but all they need is probable cause. If they say you were acting nervous, and evasive, then guess what? Don't start an argument telling them they have 20 minutes to bring the dog or you are leaving! That is just stupidity asking for a bad ending.

edit on 13/5/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

When will these stupid civillians learn? It's simple: obey all lawful and unlawful commands or else you will be neutralized.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Um sorry this was all put into place well before barry...

But yes he did extend it.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

a reply to: spirit_horse

When will these stupid civillians learn? It's simple: obey all lawful and unlawful commands or else you will be neutralized.

Let's go back to tribes, kinda like the Middle East.

Then we can have tribal warfare. Every little group fighting for their own self important ideology.

Maybe eventually a central government will be established.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Drive or sail to where you want to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join