It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a border patrol agent comments how cute your dog is, you better not ignore the compliment!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Yar, i know i could have sounded inflammatory but like i said, totally not being a dick... it's just time some more folk over there started organising a way to effectively halt all the "respect mah authoratah" stuff.

I know so many folks who simply wouldn't visit the states in recent years because of some of your police etc and the threat they represent to "normal" folk.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'm not going to say we don't have arsehole cops, too...but you put up with these random checkpoints?
This is why I laugh when Americans try to taunt me for 'too much government' up here.

Have a nice day.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

My wife has relatives up in Toronto which we visit quite often. I never had a problem at the Canadian border except one time. It was a female border patrol officer and she asked the usual questions, how long are you going to be in Canada etc.... She than asks what are you planning on doing during your stay? I told her my wife and I were planning to do some shopping. She than asked me at what stores? My wife and I didn't have a plan on what stores we were going to shop at so I said I don't know? She got really angry and said "you're coming to Canada and you don't know where you're going to shop?" I looked at my wife and she looked at me like "what the hell is her problem?" I than told her we didn't have any specific store in mind, and said does it really matter? She gave us a look like she was pissed with our answer and than waved us through.

My wife just looked at me and said "what a bitch!" Lol, we were really surprised because we never had a mean encounter with a Canadian Border Patrol officer who acted like that.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think your reading too much into that line. I was conveying that the end result of being tazed all resulted from being detained because of her non-response of the "cute" dog compliment. If she would have just said thank you, and had a happier expression on her face, the border patrol officer wouldn't have pulled her car over and escalated a non-event.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

edit on 11-5-2015 by WeRpeons because: Double Post

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Precisely the reason I left the US to begin with, and precisely why I regretted having to come back.
You are suspect for everything here.
A cop asks why are you flustered ,why are you nervous? It's the same reason people get nervous when an unpredictable predator is around them..........Because they are unpredictable....

Breath wrong and you are seen as nervous, when asked why nervous (which is a very unusual question to be asked under normal circumstances) one responds in a way that is natural by perhaps kindly rebutting the notion. Rebutting the notion is seen as adversarial to the officers. They surround you like a pack of dogs one asking you a question with veiled threats in their inflections, suddenly the other starts taking snaps at you from the other side asking completely different questions.
A person naturally defends themselves this type of situation. Defense is initially verbal and as the predators move in and the attack appears imminent it will naturally escalate.

Defending yourself (Verbal or otherwise) is the wrong answer which causes the frenzy to begin. Thus at the end when you are being kicked in the face and you happen to cover your face to prevent the onslaught, guess what? You just resisted arrest, and since your blood could be contaminated guess what? You just assaulted an officer.

Hell yeah people have reason to be weary of police, and I can't say that going around shooting them, as has been happening is going to help that at all. If they didn't already have a reason to see you as guilty they sure as hell do now.

This is coming from a white guy with lots of police in the family so there isn't a racial bias here.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The woman sure didn't help her own cause by being combative but border patrol created the whole situation in the first place.

Right on the head. I just had a long discussion on this video with another veteran. We came to a good conclusion: That people need to change with the times if they expect the Police Officers to. Police are doing today what they are doing based on what has been happening in the last 30 years or so, from the drug epidemics of the 80's and right on into the gang warfare in the 90's and 2000's. This woman simply wanted to become a martyr of supposed Police Brutality. Unless she was in a dire emergency such as a health issue, this temporary stop is simply a reality of having Police interdict crime. I have been stopped and my vehicle searched. Is it inconvenient? Yes. Was it annoying? Yes. If she felt she was wronged, she could have taken down everyone's badge numbers. She has part of the recording, and she could take the case to court as a fourth amendment violation. You CANNOT demand that Police be held to the direct letter of the law and not do the same yourself. I'm assuming these Border Patrol Officers didn't just decide to take a few squad cars and set up a random check point because they were bored, they were issued an order to do so, which was ultimately authorized by an official appointed by the President who WE ELECTED TO DO SO. The police here were fully within their rights to order her to move. What if it was a safety issue? Maybe they need that lot to be empty so they can turn vehicles around. The point is, they had a reason. She was never under arrest until she began the altercation with the Police Officer. She just wanted to be famous as another victim of so called Police Brutality.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Shamrock6

I think your reading too much into that line. I was conveying that the end result of being tazed all resulted from being detained because of her non-response of the "cute" dog compliment. If she would have just said thank you, and had a happier expression on her face, the border patrol officer wouldn't have pulled her car over and escalated a non-event.

On the flip side regarding my last comment, I will readily admit that she shouldn't be required to acknowledge. But, like I said, she also didn't have to combative like she was.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I asked the question a few days ago of our military- "if the President acts illegally, will your loyalty be to him or the Constitution?"

But our police departments and law enforcement agencies have already proved time and time again they *will* fire on their own citizens. The letter of the law is becoming increasingly vague to them.

And now they've been militarized by the Fed.

I know about Kent State. I know everyone in the military isn't 100%.

But right now, law enforcement's loyalty to the Constitution concerns me much more than our soldiers.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieAtTheGap
I asked the question a few days ago of our military- "if the President acts illegally, will your loyalty be to him or the Constitution?"

But our police departments and law enforcement agencies have already proved time and time again they *will* fire on their own citizens. The letter of the law is becoming increasingly vague to them.

And now they've been militarized by the Fed.

I know about Kent State. I know everyone in the military isn't 100%.

But right now, law enforcement's loyalty to the Constitution concerns me much more than our soldiers.

Law enforcement and Military are not comparable. Not in the least.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I use to make a boarder crossing once or twice a month. Boarder guards were at the boarder not free roaming. And I never had any issues. And I was respected and treated kind and friendly . That was decades ago. But this is ridicules I read Its almost any where within 100 miles of the boarder you can find free roaming gestapo. Since when has it changed that American citizens we can't travel with in our boarders unhindered .

The little matter of those pesky little pieces of paper called the constitution and bill of rights . They are becoming subjective to what the personal rights we have traded for safety by politicians in our behalf.

I have seen the change in LEOs in my lifetime . When I was a kid they were like Andy Griffith now many remind me of storm troopers.

Honestly I get nervous being pulled over and I am squeaky clean, cleaner than 99.99 % of our politicians . Who doesn't these days. Now from my eyes the boarder guards were out of line. At lease they didnt kill her dog and charge her for impersonating a pinata.

_javascript:icon('
')_javascript:icon('
')

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

If the current border policies are going to be maintained, we may as well just draw a new border at the start of the border enforcement zone and abandon everything inside it, a-la Korea. Call it the 'Denationalized Zone.'

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Law enforcement and Military are not comparable. Not in the least.

Someone should tell them that. I had this silly video come across my facebook feed the other day posted by a police officer showing clips of officers from all over the world, Some of the images were of soldiers, and one of the images said "Solider for life"... Then went back into to showing how horribly dangerous being a police officer "supposedly" is.

Clips of people shooting cops, cops getting hit with bricks, cops decked out in tactical gear wearing jolly roger patches (traditionally a Naval Special Warfare patch) and riding in APC and stryker like vehicles.

There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever, under the sun that police at the very least think they are soldiers. The majority of them, or I should say at least the ones I know and have worked with personally would be sorely disappointed if you don't agree that they are DEVGRU type badasses.

I mean, gang members think they are soldiers, police are essentially a well organized gang. They all have that "we got em boys!" mentality regardless of the situation. Many are as severely short sighted as ghetto thugs. So It would make sense from a purely empirical standpoint.
edit on 11-5-2015 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

My wife has relatives up in Toronto which we visit quite often. I never had a problem at the Canadian border except one time.... Lol, we were really surprised because we never had a mean encounter with a Canadian Border Patrol officer who acted like that.

OK, thing is, all bets are off at the border. I apologise for the example you cite...sometimes you just get the wrong one. In turn, I usually cross into the States once or twice a year and the folks at the crossings are generally real polite. It's the checkpoints that weird me out. I mean, we can get stopped for drinking-related checks, but the courts are pretty good about keeping the reins on those. But driving is not probable cause for a search, even in proximity to the border.

As much as our Dear Leader would like those powers, he knows he'd be handed his arse by the courts.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Well her parents certainly didn't do her any favors when they allowed her to skip Charm School. I hope she sues the Border Patrol and loses and has to pay all court costs, because I really just don't like her loud-mouthed, arrogant, childish behavior.

Sal

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Meanwhile countless vehicles are waved through without inspection because this woman had the gall to treat Border Patrol as anything but royalty.

Excellent point.

Drama queens proceeding an entire armada of illegal aliens, various criminals and drug traffickers.

Brilliant diversion tactic.

We should have seen this before now.
I must be blind.

Thanks for the heads up!

Kudos!

*10-90 this is JK427....suspect single female traveling with small dog...suspected ringleader. Detain for questioning.*

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Unlike a bunch of self-entitled civilians who want all the RIGHTS with NONE OF THE RESPONSIBILITY, I was raised in an environment where I was shown how to respect persons, the difference between authority that is to be respected and authority that is to be questioned.

Too bad they didn't teach you that just because a person is a authoritative figure that doesn't give them the right to step all over your rights.

You don't see a person underneath....nope....just a "symbol of oppression that must be eradicated" because some faceless underground internet warrior hopped up on god knows what made a sensationalist youtube video or blog post about "teh Evil Lizard Illuminati and the Hostile NWO Takeover.".

Maybe the cops should start seeing the person they are dealing with instead of seeing the enemy.

And when it comes down to FEMA Camps....show me one.

Jesse Ventura did a whole show on the camps.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
for me,

one small segment sums up this incident,

where she yells " are you retarded "

and IMMEDIATELY starts screaming as the female officer pumps more electricity into her.

they did this out of pure malice.

everythint else is just an excuse, this was a personal attack.

and I hope they both get what they deserve.......

forget police body cameras, that can be turned off. every citizen should have a camera ready for any kind of encounter with the law......

think your safe ???

just working drive thru at burger king ?

wait til a cop drives thru,.... then accuses you of short changing him, ......end up pepper sprayed and in cuffs.

no one is truly safe.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Dear Sir, Madam or Student of the University ~

Hello and welcome to the United States of America, Planet Earth.

We have a system of rules for the safety and well being of our Guests.
Please learn and abide by them.
Selective reading will not aid you during the Final Exam.

Please Note:

A Drivers License is not a PhD.
Nor does it grant special privileges above and beyond the Law of the Land.

We are sorry if this inconveniences you or you loved ones.

We have seen all sorts of misbehavior and goings on of the general populace over the course of Human History and we are trying our best to eliminate potential threats to the safety and well being of our own citizens alongside a multitude of intergalactic tourists just wanting to cavort freely and naked in the summer grass without cause or care throwing caution to the wind with great abandon and childlike revelry.

We are sorry to inform you there are several indigenous species that are highly venomous and territorial and may be prone to attack you or your children if you provoke them. I see you are most likely not entirely familiar with our warrior caste. Please note that they are there to protect you from these creatures and do not take lightly to being treated as inferiors on their Home World.

To poke or provoke those in charge of the safety of yourself and others will more often than not unlock a predominantly dormant but very powerful dominant instinct. This will not be to your advantage, so please:

Do Not Poke The Guards With Sticks or Rude and Pointed Language.
They are trained to respond to threats of all kinds, and they will take you down regardless of Entitlement Status.

Respect given, respect given - this is a simple way to remember that friendly interactions are encouraged while hostile ones are not.

Transgressors may not enjoy finding out what happens when such protocol is not adhered to.This is not by our choosing, but rather because of that damn reptilian cortex that has been evolving over the course of Human Evolution.

This of course does not need to be stated with those who understand such subtle nuances of the human condition because, well, gee golly darn, they aren't the ones getting out of their cars and recording incidents they should know full damn well won't be in their favor. Silly tourists. We gave you those pamphlets to read, not to be tossed carelessly on the causeway floor.

Please also be advised there is a large indigenous populace who enjoys Schadenfreude via their viewing tele-screens and it is advisable not to voluntarily put oneself in harms way because if you are recording something and trying to make a point without knowing what you're really getting into. This is a Sanctioned WildLife Preserve, and some animals may bite.

(And also, Such Events will inevitably end up on the internet for All to See and Laugh While Viewing

Such precautions are for your safety and ensures the well being and enjoyment of your time here on Planet Earth, United States Sector.

Please treat Border Guards with respect and politeness because they have been doing their best to protect the population. Dealing with the worst of the worst of the worst can take a heavy toll on one's psyche. When visiting royalty from neighboring star systems insist on naively pretending they own the entire planet and it's resources and have little else to do all day than idly sip "Starbucks" beverages and talk about how they're "going to law school" and "getting good grades" even though we all know it's just an elaborate cover to blindside the naive humanoid populace from knowing their true origin and reason for having terrestrial landing privileges....which is namely, to stimulate the economy by shopping, having your nails done, and flitting the day away sightseeing from the comfort of your terrestrial transport window in-between various relationships and ensuing dramas.

Please be sure to always carry around your purse dog because it will protect you from Terminators. If you suspect a Guard to be a Terminator in disguise, please be comforted by the fact that if he/she/it is talking to you and complimenting your purse dog, it is a friendly gesture and therefore not a rogue human killing Terminator hell bent on violating the terms of your life span tenure. Please forgive them if they are not familiar with very subtle nuance of your Planetary Customs because....to put it bluntly....you're not in Kansas anymore, Dorthy.

If you cannot politely abide by the rules set forth on the terrain of the United States Sector because you failed to grok the entire social and law system of the country you have found yourself spending your summer vacation in, please kindly direct yourself to the nearest Interplanetary Embassy and wait for your parents to pick you up from Summer Camp.

Congratulations - you have just failed Planetary Hospitality Codes and Diplomatic Protocol 101.

Welcome to Planet Earth.
You are NOT the only Royalty Present.
Please mind the guards.
They're sick or your entitlement b.s. and frankly, so are a large percentage of the rest of us.

Grow up or give up. We've got you surrounded.
GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER!

SHOCKING!
I KNOW, RIGHT?
AS IF!

Drive safely.
The next Starbucks is five miles up and on your left.
Have a nice day.

edit on 5/11/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edits, minor additions, formatting - perfection is the selfsame beast that gnaws at my very soul

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This lady has got balls, more so than some men I know.... I'm glad she didn't drop her pants and bend over for those jacked booted Nazi's... she deserves an award for combat bravery! Border Patrol agents have made these constitution-free zone's into war zones!!!

cheers too this lady and her cute dog!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join