It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 11th - why so many historical nuclear tests around the world....are we in for something?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So, I was checking out May 11th in history and found it odd that a LOT of nuclear tests around the world occurred on this day in history. Anyone have any idea what significance May 11th is for nuclear testing? Wondering if we are in for something else with all the nuclear talk going around lately....maybe another unexpected nuclear test from NK?

Here they are listed out:

1958 - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Enwetak
1958 - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Bikini Island
1962 - US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Christmas Island
1965 - USSR performs nuclear test at Eastern Kazakh/Semipalitinsk USSR
1972 - US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site
1988 - France performs nuclear test
1989 - France performs nuclear test at Muruora Island
1998 - India conducts three underground nuclear tests in Pokhran, including a thermonuclear device.

Source

Oddly enough it is also the anniversary for - 1995 - In New York City, more than 170 countries decide to extend the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty indefinitely and without conditions.

So I would say that is a significant enough number of tests to have been done on this day in history to warrant wondering the significance of the date...

Anyone?
edit on 5/11/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Coincidence.

Second.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Haha On Birthday!

link   

edit on 11-5-2015 by II710II because: (no reason given)

link   

I'd bet that if it's just coincidence it has something to do with weather. Early to mid May is beautifully warm but mild usually so would make for pleasant/foreseeable atmosphere.
edit on 11-5-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Coincidence.

Second.

That may well be, but I can't find any other specific day in the history of tests that has this many. Sure there are plenty within certain months and whatnot, but May 11th seems to have the largest gathering of tests for a single day.....

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Its likely to be a combination of factors relating to the predictability of the weather and therefore the direction of fallout travel.

link   

Maybe the testers are superstitious and they like that date for some reason. Who knows? I wouldn't read too far into it though. They are just tests.

link   

UFO's apparently hovering over US nuclear weapons facilities and disarming them is one thing to ponder.

ISIS sympathizers hacking into US nuclear weapons facilities - even if was merely to prove they could do so would certainly get the nations attention.

Also worth pondering.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All those tests also have a nineteen in the year. Is that a coincidence?

Maybe after a long winter people wanted to blow something up. Were these days by chance all on a Monday after mothers day?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

UFO's apparently hovering over US nuclear weapons facilities and disarming them is one thing to ponder.

ISIS sympathizers hacking into US nuclear weapons facilities - even if was merely to prove they could do so would certainly get the nations attention.

Also worth pondering.

Well....if they WERE able to hack the nuke systems that would get the world's attention. I would think there are plenty of fail safe's in there to cut the lines though.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its likely to be a combination of factors relating to the predictability of the weather and therefore the direction of fallout travel.

Yeah, I am sure there is some reasonable explanation behind it, just seems odd that this particular date has all of these nuclear activities associated with it.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't recall the actual numbers but I believe that there have been around 2000 nuclear tests. So there are bound to be many on the same date.

Found it..
Since the first nuclear test explosion on July 16, 1945, at least eight nations have detonated 2,053 nuclear test explosions at dozens of test sites
edit on 11-5-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t My name is Tavian Moore im 17 and I would consider myself a conspiracy theorist although I mostly just have my own thoughts and out look on life . But I joined this site just to see who else shares the same beliefs as me and to get my word out there and I see everyone is friendly and very helpful. I know the government is really out to get us and plays us like puppets most americans believe everything they hear , see, read in the news but what they don’t know is there being lied too be need to put an end against this and stick up for ourselves this cannot go on any longer. i know about the illuminati and how they use celebs and media and everything how rappers sell there soul its crazy these blood sacrifices and I think someone needs to overthrow the government and lets make a change. we need to form a group protest do anything we need to change this world. And with a group of people we can do it MLK did it

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Tmoore100

Off on a divergent rant, but I gave you your first star anyway.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

That's really lovely, and I am sure I am not going to be the only person to welcome you to this collective. However, you might want to comment on the threads contents, and save the introductions for the Introductions Forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can make a thread introducing yourself by clicking on link above, then clicking the "new topic" button. This will open up a thread creation page, into which you can put your introductory message!
welcome once again!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

thanks alot

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

There have been dozens of tests, perhaps more than a hundred. Any time when the weather is good is the right time.

At the height of the cold war both the US and the soviets could have performed tests daily, Sure the nonproliferation treaty was signed that day but most of us were not aware of the tests that have been kept under wraps for more than 50 years. Apparently you could set your clock to the bombs detonated at the Jackass flats because they were so frequent and predictable.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

thanks alot

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I don't believe any of that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join