It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the weird State Farm commercials? Today is May 11th, what do we know?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

"Why did you total my car when I only had $1500 in damage? Now I can't afford another car half as nice!"

Wait...you probably wouldn't be allowed those kinds of questions...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What do we know?

Well, I know that I pay to much for insurance -- the friendly retro lady and the lizard can't seem to solve that problem.

I seriously doubt aliens would use an insurance company to announce their arrival. Really.

Maybe State Farm is run by aliens?

That must be it.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

Well, they do claim to always be there...And they can magically teleport when a simple jingle is repeated...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I honestly don't get how people invest any energy in worrying about an obvious commercial for something.

They did it with 24 during last year's Super Bowl and people here got all worried. "This is it, the NWO because a flag fell on the ground"

They did it with DIG on the USA Network.

It will happen again and when it does it will be a commercial and their will be posts here on it.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So I just visited the state farm twitter feed and it referenced that whatever was coming was coming from the planet the Coneheads were from, so hopefully not a promo for a new Coneheads movie, blah.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well ladies and gents here is the explanation to all the hype, I feel like an idiot for being so intrigued.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
(This is more oriented to the general May 11th idea, not so much the State Farm commercial, but...)

I work at a sandwich shop in East Peoria IL, and apparently there was a bomb threat to either the courthouse or City Hall today. Some of the employees told my boss and I as they got their lunch... I can't find anything in the news about it.

I had already read this thread and others about today, so I was a little taken aback when I heard that.

Aside from that, I have (respectfully) noticed a recent influx in... well.. middle eastern men with long beards coming into the shop. One of whom even talked a bit about how bad and filthy pork is. Yesterday a young gentleman in full Arabic-style clothing came in on crutches with his wife and son, who of course were also in traditional dress.

Please don't think I believe any or even most obviously Muslim people are "up to something," or whatever, I'm just pointing out that I've never noticed many in this area personally. It's PROBABLY all unrelated, of course.... But I just wanted to share.
edit on PMqupmMondayu5720 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Just ask yourself next time when has anything lived up to the hype. Actually the more hype the more likely for bigger B$.

Especially from corporations.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah no doubt, my life is just too boring not to fall for everything I come across.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Oh man, real life happened and I abandoned my thread. To everyone who basically said, "Omg, everyone knows this was advertising," ...yes, of course they do, I just wanted to know what it was advertising.

To the Isis hackers....seems like you may have dropped the ball on this one, a saying which pretty much sums up your lives in general.

To the person who posted the cone heads commercial, thanks!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I thought it was pretty funny. I missed the bit about the interrupted commercial, so I'm getting all of this after the fact. Does seem like a somewhat failed viral marketing campaign.

Here is the video embedded.

I'm enjoying the throwbacks to the good ol' days when SNL was funny. Hopefully more are coming down the pipe.

Here are the other two SNL related State Farm ad campaigns I know of. Da Bears is from awhile ago, but Hans and Franz are still airing.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

The Cone Heads! I loved that on Saturday Night Live and also the movie.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join