It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN judges US over human rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
hosted.ap.org...

Seems we are getting some of our own medicine now. The UN is calling us out over human rights abuses,such as,
Guantanamo,death penalty,police brutality,and other things.Our reps are trying to push the idea that we have a great human rights level,but I don't think it is working.

I guess if we can tell other countries what they are going to do,we might as well eat this pill over what we do.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
While the US has issues with human rights as described in the OP, these are not necessarily policy. However, Guantanamo Bay and capital punishment are clearly problems that the US must address. Even with these issues, the US does not compare in any way to the vast majority of nations outside of Europe and other developed and liberal nations

One lazy look at the human rights of places like China, Uzbekistan, Somalia, Nigeria and loads of other places should help with context.

reliefweb.int...

To me it is an affront that some nations with appalling human rights records have the audacity to be allowed to sit on the United Nations Human Rights Council, because there's an inclination to make the best look as bad as them as a way to make them look less bad (if you follow)!
edit on 11/5/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Every country has their own problems and their own ways of dealing with them. Some countries just sit on their high horse and point a finger while looking down their nose. If every country dealt with its own problems, with the same vigor, before trying to point a finger at who has the worst problem, everything would be fine.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

It makes me laugh, the UN will step in when it comes to certain human rights but they wont step in and investigate the huge and I mean HUGE Pedophile ring that's slowly being revealed to exist over here in the UK. More and More celebrities are being arrested, politicians and the elite are being arrested and worst of all kids are being abused and in some cases actually killed and the UN just turns a blind eye.

Something fishy going on over there. Maybe the Pedo ring doesn't end with the British Elite but has far reaches across the world. No wonder no will stand up to the UN, they have to much dirt on them.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

It makes me laugh, the UN will step in when it comes to certain human rights but they wont step in and investigate the huge and I mean HUGE Pedophile ring that's slowly being revealed to exist over here in the UK. More and More celebrities are being arrested, politicians and the elite are being arrested and worst of all kids are being abused and in some cases actually killed and the UN just turns a blind eye.

Something fishy going on over there. Maybe the Pedo ring doesn't end with the British Elite but has far reaches across the world. No wonder no will stand up to the UN, they have to much dirt on them.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

And that I can agree with. We and all other countries need to stop worrying what the other country is doing and spend that time and energy worrying about their own,us included. There doesn't need to be a 'police of the world'. There just needs to be I'll stay on my side,you stay on yours.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Is this the same UN that has some of the worst human rights offenders on the Human Rights Council?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The abuse is not the death penalty, it's letting criminals out to continue abusing law abiding citizens. Some people simply can not live in society.

top topics

join