It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green sky in Puerto Rico?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If the conditions are right and there are particulates in the air from certain agricultural ventures or maybe some mining activity or from factory smoke, this could actually happen. These chemicals could also probably come from volcanic activity or a number of things. I don't know if this is real or not, just that there are conditions that could cause this.

I doubt if we would see much of this around here with the regulations governing polutants in the air and regulations governing pesticides. Down there they can use a lot more of this chemistry at higher levels than we have here in the USA.

So this does not have to be a hoax but it also could be a hoax. I do not have the knowledge to edit the picture settings.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

The sky will sometimes turn a shade of green before a tornado. But not that shade of green. I think it is tinted too.
Do they get tornadoes there?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I doubt if we would see much of this around here with the regulations governing polutants in the air and regulations governing pesticides. Down there they can use a lot more of this chemistry at higher levels than we have here in the USA.

We are under USA regulatory laws. We are only allowed to use the same amount as you in the states.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae
Only in very extreme conditions. But we get some waterspout from time to time.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

But the winds from areas of South America could blow something over your area. They may not have the same regulations there. There could also be some sort of testing going on to see if they can somehow alter weather, Cloud seeding. Maybe they are burning trees in South America and releasing chemistry that is doing this.

edit on 11-5-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Photoshop or impending mega quake.
let's hope for the former.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

But the winds from areas of South America could blow something over your area. They may not have the same regulations there. There could also be some sort of testing going on to see if they can somehow alter weather, Cloud seeding. Maybe they are burning trees in South America and releasing chemistry that is doing this.

Wind blow in an east southeast fashion. Never directly from south. At this time of the year, what we are receiving is a lot of Sahara's dust (desert). The closest thing we get from the south come from the lesser Antilles.
And in winter time, wind blow from west northwest.

Interesting to note is the fact that Puerto Rico was a militarized territory back in the days of the WW's. And we have some conspiracies of our own. But that would be another thread.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

There could also be some sort of testing going on to see if they can somehow alter weather, Cloud seeding.

Here for some testing going on:
www.arrl.org...

climateviewer.com...
edit on 11-5-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
Green Skies are associated with severe weather Typically a Tornado!

Though possibly I sense a bit of enhancing of the photograph to really make it green, but it is possible!

EDIT: Better examples here!

Yeah, but I've seen that kind of green sky, and the one in the picture is way too Technicolor.

The severe weather green is a deep blue greenish color that you get when there is large hail in the rain. If you watched the Weather Channel's coverage, there was some excellent footage of the green sky this weekend.

environment.nationalgeographic.com...#/science-extreme-weather-lightning-minnesota_47515_600x450.jpg

Picture 15 in this slide show has the tone I'm thinking of for green, but there are various shades and not all of them are associated with either hail or tornadoes even though none are as Technicolor as the OP.
edit on 11-5-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JunkheapI have seen many of those dark green skies during very bad thunderstorms. I would have believed that if that photo had been shown. However, the green in the photo is unnatural shade. That is why my vote is for Photoshop trickery or a filter.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego

There could also be some sort of testing going on to see if they can somehow alter weather, Cloud seeding.

Here for some testing going on:
www.arrl.org...

climateviewer.com...

That could possibly interact with some fine dust in the sky to do that. I doubt if what might have caused this, if it is real, is harmful to people.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It could be "Earthquake Lights". Something like that can happen weeks before or even during a major earthquake.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

The lights can occur weeks before major earthquakes, Freund noted, or during actual shaking. They have been recorded at distances of up to 100 miles (160 kilometers) from the epicenter.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Found this

"Why does the sky turn green before a tornado?"

www.tucsonnewsnow.com... -sky-turn-green-before-a-tornado

Think as has been mentioned the photo is somewhat enhanced ... greener than it naturally is

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I believe that photo has been enhanced.
I have seen a few green skies. I've heard it means there is danger of tornado.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It could be "Earthquake Lights". Something like that can happen weeks before or even during a major earthquake.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

The lights can occur weeks before major earthquakes, Freund noted, or during actual shaking. They have been recorded at distances of up to 100 miles (160 kilometers) from the epicenter.

Creepy!!! Now that you say that.

www.theguardian.com...

Another quake in Nepal.
edit on 12-5-2015 by Abednego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
the sky turns green before a tornado. Not all the time but it happens

top topics

<< 1   >>

join