It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Killing of Osama bin Laden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is the kind of story that seems hype, but doesn't really change the status quo even if it were true. The way the media is jumping on it makes it seem like a distraction kinda. Wonder what else they're up to ?

Hasn't Hersh been saying the official narrative was bogus for like 2 years now ?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Kapusta

The SEAL team involved didn't die in a helicopter crash. It was a group from the same detachment, not from this team. This team was made up of members from several different teams, put together specifically for this mission. They were all from 6 though, as were the ones that were on the helicopter that was shot down later.

Thanks for the clarification on that Zap

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Kapusta

The SEAL team involved didn't die in a helicopter crash. It was a group from the same detachment, not from this team. This team was made up of members from several different teams, put together specifically for this mission. They were all from 6 though, as were the ones that were on the helicopter that was shot down later.

Back in 2011/2012, how many times did me and you end up in thread arguing with people about this, was not long after i joined.

I remember me and you specifically (must have been a few more of us) spending hours after hours explaining to people what DEVGRU was and how they were not on that Chopper. I even have a thread debunking the whole thing somewhere.

ahhhhh

ATS nostalgia.....
edit on 12-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
For all you Hersh-bashers, NBC just independently corroborated the claims of the walk-in informant from ISI.

just FYI

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacChiavell1
For all you Hersh-bashers, NBC just independently corroborated the claims of the walk-in informant from ISI.

just FYI
MacChivaell,Why would an responsible network like NBC even bother with verifying anything written by Hersh? What? NBC just corroborated the walk-in's story!!!?
Oh,well that's just a coincidence.I'm sure the administration will clear this up soon enough.Remember this is the most transparent presidency in history after all!!

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Apologies if this has already been posted in another thread, but in the english MSM Seymour Hersh has questioned the official story of the raid itself -

Seymour Hersh: US version of Bin Laden raid is 'full of lies'

An Excerpt of this article -;

At the heart of Hersh's article is the allegation that, starting in 2006, Bin Laden was under Pakistani control, kept in Abbottabad with the financial assistance of Saudi Arabia.

Hersh says high-level Pakistani officials consented to allow the US to conduct its "raid" on the compound - a de facto assassination - after the US found out about Bin Laden's whereabouts through a source in Pakistani intelligence (and not, as reported, after interrogation of al-Qaeda detainees and extensive investigation into a Bin Laden courier).
A deal was then struck that included allowing the US to set up detailed surveillance of the area, obtaining DNA evidence confirming Bin Laden's identity and even providing a Pakistani agent to help guide the operation - in exchange for continued US financial support of the nation's intelligence service and its leaders.

As part of the agreement, according to Hersh, the US would hold off on announcing Bin Laden's death for a week, and then only say that he was killed in a drone strike in Afghanistan. Mr Obama double-crossed the Pakistanis, however, after one of the US helicopters crashed during the operation and the White House feared they could not contain the story.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Killing of Osama B......Yeah i think it is a lie.

They used a image from Black Hawk Down:

They used a differen man to make a mock up of a dead Osama B.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The statement:

‘the killing of bin Laden was political theatre designed to burnish Obama’s military credentials …

Is BULLSNIP.

This was never about Obama. Bin Laden was a MASSIVE loose end left over by the 9/11 plot and a MASSIVE loose end left over from the re-invasion of Iraq as well as the entire "war on terror."

Those plotters had to remove that loose end, and it had nothing to do with who ever was in the Oval Office after Bush left.

"They" (pick your favorite shadow agency) spoon fed Obama whatever intel they needed to in order for him to "authorize" whatever action they deemed necessary to resolve their loose end - with the end result being Bin Laden "killed" in that raid and his body put beyond any means of confirmation.

The shadow agencies win. Obama was their puppet. Bin Laden served their purposes as a bogey man.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hehe. I chuckled at the irony of the transparent government.

The funny thing is that the counter narrative, being increasingly verified by others, is now forcing the shills on both sides of the political spectrum to change their attack from screaming "he is lying, trust the admin!" To "meh, we all knew this, nothing to see here."

Next i guess will be stonewalling the whole issue and hope for it to go away.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Nice work! Never seen evidence of it

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MacChiavell1

just FYI

Not saying i doubt what you are saying

But i would really appreciate a link.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hersh revealed the May Lai massacre, Abu Ghraib and the false sarin gas accusation against Syria. Years from now I bet it will be revealed he is right on this one as well

Seymour Hersh is no Alex Jones conspiracy nut.

But one of the few mainstream journalists who take on issues the MSM don’t want to deal with.

That’s why he’s getting this flack

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell The MSM have been wanting to rid themselves of Hersh for years now.Painting him as a "Alex Jones Conspiracy Nut"and running him outta the industry is the idea.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As a thought exercise, imagine a most-likely scenario that deviates from the official story: Pakistani complacency.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
SEALs killed Osama, clean and simple. And ISI was not there holding him hostage for the Americans to "take him". Osama Bin Laden had the Pakis on his payroll. Had the White House advised the Pakistani Govt that the worlds number one terrorist was in their backyard, Osama would have escaped.

The "Taking down" of Osama Bin Laden, in my opinion was purely a "Delta" mission, but McRaven thought different. I guess everyone has to have a claim to fame.....and nothing against "6", or the US Navy.... they are good at what they do - But again, it was clearly a "Delta Force" mission in my opinion, and no one does intel gathering and door knocking better....in my opinion...that "Delta". No one does Military "Spookdom" better than the "Guys at Bragg".

Pakistani ISI is helpful to the US, on their own terms. But we do not trust them as much as they would like. Even now since Bin Laden was in their back yard and the MSM media will not do a complete and full investigation. Martha Raddatz and other White House correspondents, as well as National Security Journalist will not touch this with a 50 foot pole, but had it been a Republican President......there would have been a huge congressional and senate investigation, from pressure from the television media.

Intelligence gathering takes time. Patience is a key virtue, and most times intelligence has to be verified two or three times from different and independent sources. Satellite intelligence - electronic intelligence, and the most important = human intelligence. Intel does not come easy, and this being the 21st century, some people have found out and discovered how to defeat it, or make it harder for the good guys to get timely and accurate intelligence. Good Intelligence = Success of the mission ; it is that simple.

Whos who in the terror world, what are their operations and capabilities, whom do they associate with, what is their area and scope of operations, what is their "base", what makes them "Tick"? A lot of questions have to be answered before an operation can occur, or be brought to a conclusion. A lot of questions.

You just do not knock on someones door, and say "May I come in?" Intelligence gathering is a tedious and resource absorbing event. Money - resources - manpower - equipment....all come into play. Sunrise, sunset, moon rise, moonset, moon phase, weather, terrain, number of bad guys, motivations, and scope of enemy operations.....all come into play. Langley and Ft.Meade all have their jobs cut out for them. People sit in their living room chair and criticize, make conspiracy theory's, and bark and shout......at something they do not know about when something goes wrong. Yes, member of the US intel community do screw up sometimes, and they deserve a Congressional Hearing. But sometimes, the mistake was not their fault, and from pressure - our Legislative Leaders make a mountain out of a mole hill and make a media event on the television. Place the blame.....but gather facts and evidence first, some people forget about that in investigators school.

Spook17

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It seems like time wore down on the OBL situation, and it got sloppy. Rethinking it, the intel recovered during the mission may have been damaging to ISI, beyond the obvious. That sort of makes their co-operation unlikely.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

There is a documentary on English TV this evening about the conspiracy regarding OBL death, I was quite shocked this has got national TV airtime

www.bbc.co.uk...

I will record and post up somewhere for people who don't have access after its broadcast.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Xcathdra

As a Muslim when i heard the words " Gave him a proper Islamic burial at sea " I knew from that point it was all BS .

Their is no "proper Islamic burial at sea " .

When Muslims are buried they are put in the ground facing mecca ,how is that possible at sea ?

This is also why I don't believe the entire killing of bin laden story. Doesn't make any sense. I think he died years before we claim we got him. Bhutto did an interview where she stated that the U.S. were the only ones saying bin laden was still alive, everyone else knew he was dead already. Then she was assassinated.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2wheelvet

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: Xcathdra

As a Muslim when i heard the words " Gave him a proper Islamic burial at sea " I knew from that point it was all BS .

Their is no "proper Islamic burial at sea " .

When Muslims are buried they are put in the ground facing mecca ,how is that possible at sea ?

This is also why I don't believe the entire killing of bin laden story. Doesn't make any sense. I think he died years before we claim we got him. Bhutto did an interview where she stated that the U.S. were the only ones saying bin laden was still alive, everyone else knew he was dead already. Then she was assassinated.

yep you are correct , RIght on point . look i talk with Afghanistan people all the time. Its common Knowledge with them OSBL died years ago .

Their is Nothing in the Quran or Hadith that talk about putting someone in the grave out at sea .

it was a complete lie .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join