It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Killing of Osama bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The Killing of Osama bin Laden

It’s been four years since a group of US Navy Seals assassinated Osama bin Laden in a night raid on a high-walled compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan. The killing was the high point of Obama’s first term, and a major factor in his re-election. The White House still maintains that the mission was an all-American affair, and that the senior generals of Pakistan’s army and Inter-Services Intelligence agency (ISI) were not told of the raid in advance. This is false, as are many other elements of the Obama administration’s account. The White House’s story might have been written by Lewis Carroll: would bin Laden, target of a massive international manhunt, really decide that a resort town forty miles from Islamabad would be the safest place to live and command al-Qaida’s operations? He was hiding in the open. So America said.

Click link for remainder of the article.

A long and interesting read..

To boil it down there is a theory that Bin Laden was actually being held in that compound by Pakistani ISI and would reveal they have him at a time that would be convenient for them in a quid pro quo scenario involving the US.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I suppose that's about as plausible as the official story. That's not saying much, though.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
I suppose that's about as plausible as the official story. That's not saying much, though.

I guess.. I find it interesting though that Pakistan would take that risk.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Bin Laden is dead. He could have died years before Obama's operation. However, I believe he was killed in that compound. I am not sure about his 'burial at sea', but I don't really need to know. And that is really odd, for me. I normally want to know every detail. I am not upset by descriptions of gore. But in this case, I believe he was killed. More may have occurred there. Things we don't want to know about. The man is dead and in the sea.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   

As a Muslim when i heard the words " Gave him a proper Islamic burial at sea " I knew from that point it was all BS .

Their is no "proper Islamic burial at sea " .

When Muslims are buried they are put in the ground facing mecca ,how is that possible at sea ?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Could it be they were referring to the time frame on the burial? Is it customary to bury an individual within 24 hours of death?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Could it be they were referring to the time frame on the burial? Is it customary to bury an individual within 24 hours of death?

As soon as possible after death , but their are steps to take , like washing the body preforming prayer etc .

But as I recall the MSM claiming Osama was buried out at sea ..

Look common sens tells me it all sounds fishy (no pun intended ) I mean the seals involved in all that died as well in a mysterious crash .

Non of this story sits right with me ...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

As soon as possible after death , but their are steps to take , like washing the body preforming prayer etc .

But as I recall the MSM claiming Osama was buried out at sea ..

Look common sens tells me it all sounds fishy (no pun intended ) I mean the seals involved in all that died as well in a mysterious crash .

Non of this story sits right with me ...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

This was an amazing article, read it while drinking my morning coffee. I have to say that indeed truth is usually the simplest explanation... im sure many will still see some invisible cia-hand in osamas control etc, but to me, this version of events is just much more plausible.

Well done mr Hearsh, I tip my hat to you.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: XcathdraI guess.. I find it interesting though that Pakistan would take that risk.

Who said they did.

I don't believe any of this.

Not after seeing building 7 fall on 9/11.

RR

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

I think you took my question the wrong way. I was asking that the custom is to bury them within 24 hours after death. I was wondering if that might have been what they were referring to. That he was "buried" within the time frame.

I think there is more to the story than we know about so don't get me wrong, I am not defending the administrations position. I was asking a question and speculating.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327

Take the 9/11 argument to a different thread please.

Secondly my comment is based on the article and the possible ramifications if true.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Bin Laden is dead. He could have died years before Obama's operation. However, I believe he was killed in that compound. I am not sure about his 'burial at sea',

Do you also believe a steel frame building can collapse as if imploded professionally.

Building 7 ?

Nothing they say officially about Bin Laden and 9/11 is true.

RR
edit on 11-5-2015 by Ritter327 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ritter327

Again take the 9/11 issue to that forum / threads please.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Sorry but Osama bin ladin anything is central to 9/11.

You just don't like to see people reminded just how much they've been lied to.

RR

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I doubt there are ten ATSers who'd be willing to read through that article!

‘We were told at first,’ the retired official said, ‘that the Seals produced garbage bags of stuff and that the community is generating daily intelligence reports out of this stuff. And then we were told that the community is gathering everything together and needs to translate it. But nothing has come of it. Every single thing they have created turns out not to be true. It’s a great hoax – like the Piltdown man.’ The retired official said that most of the materials from Abbottabad were turned over to the US by the Pakistanis, who later razed the building. The ISI took responsibility for the wives and children of bin Laden, none of whom was made available to the US for questioning.

‘Why create the treasure trove story?’ the retired official said. ‘The White House had to give the impression that bin Laden was still operationally important. Otherwise, why kill him? A cover story was created – that there was a network of couriers coming and going with memory sticks and instructions. All to show that bin Laden remained important.’

This, if true, could have been for several strategic reasons. By promoting the idea of 'garbage bags' full of AQ information, it would have potentially caused anxiety throughout what was left of AQ. Moreover, it would have been a brilliant opportunity to capitalise on Intelligence gained from elsewhere without compromising assets or channels.

Patrick Cockburn wrote about the contrast between the administration’s initial claims that bin Laden was the ‘spider at the centre of a conspiratorial web’ and what the translations actually showed: that bin Laden was ‘delusional’ and had ‘limited contact with the outside world outside his compound’.

I'm struck by a profound sense of symmetry with the perspective voiced in the article. In life, he directed his players across the board and used propaganda to his own ends. In death, he's become a pawn of Western politics in an even greater game. As he lived his final months on the threshold of death, it sounds like he was a much diminished figure with little or no political power beyond that of figurehead.

It's striking how much of the myth-making and conflicting accounts are quoted directly from US political, Intel and military sources. It's not like some Middle Eastern propaganda hit-piece is it? These guys dispute the burial and nobody even saw who was sent to Davy Crocket's locker. Even the photos are (reportedly) only of a body in a shroud - no identifying features that it was Bin Laden.

Within weeks of the raid, I had been told by two longtime consultants to Special Operations Command, who have access to current intelligence, that the funeral aboard the Carl Vinson didn’t take place. One consultant told me that bin Laden’s remains were photographed and identified after being flown back to Afghanistan. The consultant added: ‘At that point, the CIA took control of the body. The cover story was that it had been flown to the Carl Vinson.’ The second consultant agreed that there had been ‘no burial at sea’. He added that ‘the killing of bin Laden was political theatre designed to burnish Obama’s military credentials … The Seals should have expected the political grandstanding. It’s irresistible to a politician. Bin Laden became a working asset.’

There's mention of OBL's body parts being slung out over the mountains and that all was left was his, largely unmarked, head and so forth inside a plastic bag. Well, I guess his death has been done to...death many times over. The thing is, there's no real way of knowing if the guy's even dead. The SEAL team will know and we'll take their word for it, but how reasonable is that? With so much obfuscation, all we can know for certain is that it was definitely political theater.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ritter327

Sorry but Osama bin ladin anything is central to 9/11.

You just don't like to see people reminded just how much they've been lied to.

RR

no this thread would be about Bin Laden being in Pakistan and whether or not the Pakistani government, or elements within, were holding him captive for a time that would work in their favor on disclosing they had him. It has nothing to do with the structural integrity of any of the building on 8/11.

Second before you accuse me of something you should take a minute to read the topic before looking like an ass by accusing me of something that's not true.

Now, take your bitching about the buildings to another thread.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

So in essence Obama used this to defraud the American people in order to win an election.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Kandinsky

So in essence Obama used this to defraud the American people in order to win an election.

See you and I can agree on things. Just that I would like to add that ever since CIA killed JFK, every president has been defrauding people.

I am looking forward to your threads about Jeb Bush when he starts defrauding people.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I'm not even sure that's what happened.

It sounds like the military and Intel guys orchestrated it all as way of making Obama look tough and effective. These were the same figures who had GWB as their CinC in the previous administration. The same ones who'll be there when Obama's gone.

Can a POTUS really dictate such actions? Is it who's sitting on the throne or the powerful people behind the throne? i could believe Bush Snr capable of commanding operations like that, but only because of his CIA background and operational respect he'd have accrued in his life before being POTUS. Obama though? Nah.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join