It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad ... what's a terrorist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
If the American government is stupid, and we're the leaders.....Imagine how stupid the British and Australian governments must be.

very retarded
our leader has his head so far up bushs' ar*s that he can see the problems we face in the UK

atleast the pr*ck will be out of office soon

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janus But remember, one mans Terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, and that is why they are so difficult to defeat.

i couldnt agree more!

one mans sinner is another mans saint!

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by Durden
And that would accomplish what, exactly? Making the kid believe a terrorist equals a man with Middle East features, a beard and a turban?

It would show him that that man with Middle East features, a beard and a turban is a terrorist.

So are you claiming that all men with Middle East features, a beard and a turban is, by definition - a terrorist? Please elaborate.

Or are you denying that bin Laden is a terrorist?

Did I say I did?

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Durden]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
www.flashplayer.com...

Go see that, it is truly excellent. It also criticizes how people look at terrorists. A brown person with an onion head hat is usually what most people think of when someone says terrorist. I think the point of the story that started this thread is that not every brown person is a terrorist. That sometimes even the ones blowing up mess tents, and blowing up cars, are just fighting for their freedom. They are fighting to get America the Rapist out of their country so they can live like they want to again.

America wants to give them freedom by forcing a democratic election on them. I think most of the Iraqi citizens would have preferred a type of government of democracy, and that they would have preferred having the FREEDOM of choice.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
America wants to give them freedom by forcing a democratic election on them. I think most of the Iraqi citizens would have preferred a type of government of democracy, and that they would have preferred having the FREEDOM of choice.

hmmm. so dont give them a democratic election. and then give them the FREEDOM to vote in a democratic government. wow. you`ve lost me here m8. in fact, i`ve been staring at this for ages trying to make some kind of sense out of this.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durden
So are you claiming that all men with Middle East features, a beard and a turban is, by definition - a terrorist? Please elaborate.

No, I am not claming that. No further elaboration is necessary.

Btw, Durden, you never did explain why you were so interested in the question I posed to specialasianX. Care to elaborate now that you've had plenty of time to ponder the question?

Did I say I did?

You didn't agree or disagree. Which is it? Is bin Laden a terrorist?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
No, I am not claming that. No further elaboration is necessary.

Gotcha. So your point was... what again?

Btw, Durden, you never did explain why you were so interested in the question I posed to specialasianX. Care to elaborate now that you've had plenty of time to ponder the question?

About two weeks later, and you still haven't figured it out? Was it really such a difficult incuiry?
So difficult that you need me to elaborate on it?
Tell me you're joking..

Did I say I did?

You didn't agree or disagree. Which is it? Is bin Laden a terrorist?

I would consider him to be what is categorized as a terrorist. Anything else that ponders your mind?

[edit on 2-1-2005 by Durden]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
No, I think I have a clear enough picture. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Q: Daddy, whats a Democrat?

A: Usually someone who believes in preserving the environment, is against the death penalty, supports abortion rights, and believes in diplomacy as the first option and war as the last.

Q: Daddy, does that mean their mommies are more likely to call their children a fetus nine days after they are born?

A: Well, according to CNN, yes honey.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

But remember, one mans Terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, and that is why they are so difficult to defeat.

Ahh, but my definition clarifies that old cliche' nicely, wouldn't you think? Once a "freedom fighter" crosses that line (i.e. of DELIBERATELY targetting civilians), then he ceases to be a "freedom fighter" and becomes a "terrorist"....

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The american people were scared and angry. Some still are. Just like any other population most of our people are just trying to live their lives. They have a car loan they have to pay, and children to raise. A home to buy. Americans have a good reason to fear. There is a nice country, and you can get a decent job that pays well. No American wants to feel terror.

There has been an ongoing escalation of diplomatic problems between the U.S. and the world. Other countries are starting to feel this terror. Spain with it's train bombing. England has known terrorism for a long time. America has never really had it's nose bloodied by a terriorist group. Well, maybe McVeigh but he was domestic (The loss of life was sickening, but it was something that one of our own did to us). Russia has Chechnya.

The view is like this. America got a black eye. I'm not proud of the things some people did when it happend. Stories of muslim cab drivers that were beaten by people in New York City merely due to their clothing or their name. It's hard to look at us with any sympathy.

I'm not a Democrat. In fact, my wife hates my opinion on my political issues. I think maybe it's time we just sat down and thought. Perhaps just the killing of Osama should be sought now. Maybe we need to come home. If we leave, maybe they won't need to bomb the homes of their own neighbors.

All I'm sure of, is that if we leave, no more heads will be cut off in videos. Maybe I won't worry about my friends still in the service, or my father who is there now. Maybe my mother won't stay up until 3am, because she can't sleep thinking about him out there. Our soldiers are there because they made a solemn promise to follow orders from their superiors. We can't in our hearts teach them to disregard authority, but maybe we can make Authority realize that those Soldiers are American citizens.

Saddam is gone. Give me my father and my friends. Let the vaccum in Iraq get filled. It'll be hard to find someone worse than him. He did practice ethnic clensing.. mass graves for those who he didn't see as "proper" Iraqi people. He deserved being taken out of power, whether there were WMD's or not.

Bush might be aggressive, but I haven't been pulled out of my home, in a bus and taken 200 miles away.. then shot in the head and dumped in a hole. If your country's leader does this.. I'd recommend you take care of him yourself. So we don't feel the obligation to come do it for you. Maybe the next time we won't stick around afterward. (I can only hope.)

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ahh, but my definition clarifies that old cliche' nicely, wouldn't you think? Once a "freedom fighter" crosses that line (i.e. of DELIBERATELY targetting civilians), then he ceases to be a "freedom fighter" and becomes a "terrorist"....

what about a "smart bomb" that hits a civilian building instead of a military one? gets hundreds people killed with just one blast, so that bomb crosses that line and becomes a stupid bomb? or is bomb still smart and is the pilot stupid one?
could you explain this?

and what happens when hundreds of prisioners do not get treated like human beeings anymore, because they are "terrorists" they are tortured, raped and de-humanized? is that called torture chamber then? spanish inquisition? or is it still a "prision"?
i think many words get new meanings in war,
and it all depends from what point of view you are looking upon this tragedy.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   
G.B.Bush is the real terrosist here according to that origional post, and I agree

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Here lately a terrorist is anyone the media labels as being a terrorist. We forget things like Bin Laden cashing checks from the CIA for decades, we forget things like Bin Laden meeting with CIA agents in Dubai two months before 9-11, we don't think of things of things like the man who wired Atta 100,000 bucks was meeting with Senate intelligence comitte members the morning of. We don't realize that neither Iraqi or Afghan one was invloved with 9-11, or that the Taliban and many other countries had offered to extradite Bin Laden to us, or that Bush/BinLadens were in business together for Saudi Defense contracts. We don't remeber selling Iraq chemical weapons and crop spraying helicopters to disperse them with, then selling Iran arms at the same and using that money to fund 'freedom fighters' in south america. We don't think of these things because we are too busy worrying about terrorists.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Shock and Awe anyone?

lmao! does it remind you of anything? Something called BLITZKREIG?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

"Terrorists have the right to remain silent: Permanently!
Animals have the right to be be humanely treated and/or humanely killed and eaten!
Journalists rights: The right to make up crap when they run out of real news!"

computer wizard ([email protected])

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Look at the word terror, terrirfied. Terrorists, terrorism.

Terrorist is just a crimnal, from the common banker robber, the mugger, the drug dealer, the mafia, the triads, the muslim radical, to a nation that drops bomb's on a nation and the feel are fritentened.

The terrorist has very low moral standard of the world. He uses tactices considered by the highly moral as unethical and immoral.

1.) From pointing gun's at bank tellers
2.) Mugging threanting to kill someone if they don't hand in their money.
3.) Kidnapping and threating to kill the individual.
4.) Killing inocent people on purpose
5.) Droping Bomb's on people
6.) Threating to killsome if they follow the standard of the mafia or triads.
7.) blowing but bulding for polical gain.

The terrorist really doesn't care ig he takes the life, he cares nothing for doing god, he cares nothing for morality and depises god. The world seem's these people are mostly crimnals.

People who fit into terrorist class.

1.) Muslims radical's ( terrorist tactices come from the koran)
2.) The crimnal at the local jail cell.
3.) The bank robber
4.) the mafia and triad gang memembers.
5.) Nations that attack other nations. (people are terrorise when bomb are droped right near their homes.
6.) The common high school bully, that threants to bash the weak kids.
7.) The common thugs on the street that threat other indivduals

Terrorist has no morals. Anyone could be come a terrorist. But most people have moral guidelines that they follow in society. Which was left from the christian and judean values. This is why westerner's tend to be more civilised

IF the west was never influence by christianity. Their tactices would be more terrorist. Terrorist tactics, crimnals comes from anger, hate, human insticts. But christianity has suppressed these insticts in westerns.

EG if america was not a christian influence nation. Then the muslims commited a terrorist attack. There would be more mosques and muslims killed in streets of the us, then if they were christian. Christianity keeps the society moral.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by Thinker]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
"There are three on whom Allah will not look mercifully on the Day of Judgment: A lying ruler, an aged adulterer and an arrogant begger."

If i was god, i destroy anyone who has beheaded anyone. Who has taken my creation and dismemeber will be cursed for all time.
If i was god, i would destroy all the lairs, all the adultery's, age is not an issue.
IF i was god, i would destroy all the murderor's.
If i was god, i would destroy people who inslave people.
If i was god, i will destroy anyone who turns the youth against me.
If i was god, i would take my sheep to my home and destroy the blood thirst wolves that wish to kill them.
If i was god, i would destroy the false prophots and their followers.
If i was god, i would destroy anyone who uses my name to overide my laws.

my name are the laws, you can not murderor! and worship me.

Who can not see me , will never see me.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Reagan was a terrorist!

The world court daclared his Nicaragua campaign "unlawful use of force", but he just smiled and stepped up the campaign in responce, and daclared the next day (may 1st) law day!

Terrorist is just a handy term to brand people with. With the sheepl hardly able to read the lable in the first place you cant expect them to try to see what lies UNDERNEATH the lable, now can you?

Morphine given by a doctor is medicine, taken by yourself for fun its a drug. Same thing different lable!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Terrorist is just a criminal, from the common banker robber, the mugger, the drug dealer, the mafia, the triads, the muslim radical...

ok you can label whatever you want, but it is still just your point of view.
after all its just a matter of perspective.

and BTW the word "terrorist" was invented by western propaganda machine (if you didnt know, hitler called russians, communist jew terrorists)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join