It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Galileo spacecraft ordered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have heard about Four Galileo spacecraft been made for the eu y do they want these four spacecrafts i think it is some thing more than star and planet finding does any one know anything more or am i bein paranoid.?

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
here you go:

The Galileo satellite navigation system took another important step forward on Tuesday with the go-ahead being given to build its first four spacecraft.

The satellites will be launched in 2008 with the whole constellation of 30 expected in orbit by the decade's end.

The "authorisation to proceed" came with the signing of a 150m-euro contract between the European Space Agency (Esa) and Galileo Industries.

The latter has been charged with building the system's infrastructure.

Galileo will be compatible and interoperable with the US Global Positioning System (GPS), improving the accuracy and reliability of navigation and timing signals received across the planet.

BBC

I hope this answeres your question...

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
yes but does this mean the big brother theory will be nearly all over the world.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think big brother is already here... and yes - this might be the case

however this are the "plus"points:

Expected to be more than 400 million sat-nav users by 2015
European aerospace and electronics firms say it will create more than 100,000 jobs
Rescue services will be able to pinpoint the exact location of a car driver's accident
Will allow someone to find their way in an unfamiliar city using their mobile phone

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Big brother? What do GPS systems have to do with them watching you?

I think, as you stated, you are being paranoid.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
well i dont knwo much about it but i know that they can watch you.so i would of thought in suvaliance gps would take a big part in it.and i thought thought of some thing say with the id cards bein introduced could they have a tracker in them then no one could be un found.

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They can not watch you with a gps satelitte. Don't worry...no sense in being paranoid about every little thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
thank you for that.

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't call paranoid any person who is concerned about their privacy. OK we got already used to all those cameras around us, but if you think, just for the moment, that every image recorded somewhere might be used against you - that is SCARRY, Don't you think so???

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
yes thats is why i think every one should learn more about it.i think it is scary dont you.

top topics

join