It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subway employee celebrates Miss. cops' death on Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

originally posted by: buster2010
So where are all the people crying freedom of speech? If she did this on her own time the company has no right to fire but if she did it on company time then they have the right. Funny how people support the idea that a person is on company time 24/7 if the company wants to do that then they need to start paying accordingly.

I was just about to type this after having an all day bout over the cartoon shenanigans saying I protect free speech but it was really disrespectful to have a cartoon drawing intentionally of Mohammed. Kudos for you for bringing this up. I find this girls statements disrespectful too however...free speech...although looks like shes being investigated for her free speech.

She insulted the memory of recently murdered people, people who had families. Not the memory of some god who, in any case, would or should be rather more mature than to kill people for a cartoon representation of itself. You people truly shock me. I have to leave this place.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

As has been pointed out, she's free to say what she likes. Mississippi is an at will employment state. The employer can fire her for any reason, at any time. The government didn't fire her, her boss did.

She's free to say what she likes. She's also free to deal with the repercussions of her comments.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

yup i agree totally

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

On point my friend. I don't get why people can't see this.

How is this a violation of her first Amendment rights if the government had nothing to do with her firing?

I thought the Constitution was a limit on the governments power, not the power of private business.

edit on 10-5-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

(post by rockpaperhammock removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Have been to Hattiesburg many times, have some old friends there and at one time long ago you could use the tank range to shoot 50 cals on, even as a civilian.

I don't believe that Hattiesburg's finest are much like NOPD. It's not exactly a hotbed of systematic police abuse. Hell, you even had Billy McGee, who I could actually respect for his performance during Katrina with the Great Ice Caper.

But you don't hear a lot about them setting people on fire or stealing all the cars off a lot or randomly shooting into crowds because you don't like people laughing at you or the other sorts of abuses you can easily find down South. So I'm sort of puzzled why you'd start your cop shooting career there.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
www.theblaze.com... s-furious/

Blaze is reporting that she claims her phone was stolen.

I haven't seen anything official about LE investigating her other than the tweets posted on Blaze.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

The only time I've ever heard anything about Hattiesburg is on Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Brak talked about being in Hattiesburg.

I guess no news is good news?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
So where are all the people crying freedom of speech? If she did this on her own time the company has no right to fire but if she did it on company time then they have the right. Funny how people support the idea that a person is on company time 24/7 if the company wants to do that then they need to start paying accordingly.

What is a subway sandwich artist anyways? All I can think of is she could lose her job and waste all that skill....No where to go but down from there...

edit on 10-5-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

On point my friend. I don't get why people can't see this.

How is this a violation of her first Amendment rights if the government had nothing to do with her firing?

I thought the Constitution was a limit on the governments power, not the power of private business.

I think a person can be fired for just about anything....

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Shamrock6

A Subway sandwich artist who hailed the murders of two Mississippi police officers on social media faced a fierce online backlash Sunday that threatened her job.

Sierra (C-Babi) Mccurdy wrote on Facebook “2 police officers was shot in Hattiesburg tonight!” according to screengrabs circulating online. “Got em.”

Subway employee celebrates Miss. cops' death on Facebook

Put this little tidbit here because I don't think it really fits into the PC realm, as that's not why it interests me. What interests me is the "sandwich artist" (why, Subway? Why?) makes a couple of posts regarding the slaying of two cops and gets fired over it. Personally, I think it's the franchisee's right to do that if they wish, but I don't know the state employment laws.

Her second post was about turning "this bxtch(sic) into Baltimore." My understanding is she doesn't even live in Hattiesburg but I'm not 100% on that.

Thus far, Subway has not returned any requests for comment, but the online backlash against them seems to be coming in fast and furious.

Slippery slope. Yes, a company has a right to protect it's image. But an employee has a right to employment without discrimination - to a degree.
As long is the employee is a lawful citizen, I do not see what business it should be to the employer. I don't think that jurisdiction over acceptable behavior outside of work should be given businesses and media trends.

It is the media pointing out that this remark came from a subway sandwich artist so it is the media that has placed a gun to the business head and demanded action. Where is the protection for the employee here? After the fact civil suit?

A company also has the right to have training standards... She can't even speak proper English. Fire her for being ignorant. Aww sit 2 cops is be dead yo.. No ambalance came aww sit.

ID
edit on 10-5-2015 by ItalianDressing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just saying "A police officer was shot tonight" with an exclamation point is not really grounds to suggest she was celebrating the death, unless there was more to the post.

However, people need to remember that freedom of speech doesn't mean no consequences at all for the things you say. While you can't go to jail for saying most things, first amendment doesn't protect you from being fired for the views you hold.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
All I'd think to say to this tard is - shut up and make me a sammich.

We all have our places in life... Her's is behind a counter with a name tag, thankfully.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
ahh freedom of speech rears it ugly head again.

Funny how it is looked on as a good thing when it riles up Muslims, but now it's a bad thing because she riled some white people up.

Double standards wins again.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm not sure of her age but she appears fairly young. Seems that she has entered the world of education. She is about to learn that words matter and that her smart mouth has once more gotten her into a world of hurt. I'm going to guess that she's not far out of her teens, if at all.
I'm ever thankful to the Creator of the universe that social media did not exist when I was her age. My stupidity remains only a memory for a select few. Hers will follow her for many, many years to come. Anyone who has associated with teens has heard a whole range of stupidity flow from those hormone-fueled lips. Until the appearance of social media you could be stupid locally---now it is world-wide. And unlike a tatoo---lasers won't ever completely remove it.
I don't fear for her economic future at all. I'm sure some like-minded individual who owns a sandwich shop will be happy to employ her. Maybe even make her a public relations manager.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
ahh freedom of speech rears it ugly head again.

Funny how it is looked on as a good thing when it riles up Muslims, but now it's a bad thing because she riled some white people up.

Double standards wins again.

Blah Blah Blah white people are evil Blah Blah Blah.

Get over it dude.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It brothers me little if she was in her Subway uniform or not..
What does bother me is the fact that this idiot is rejoicing in the death of 2 officers while on duty at the hands of a trío of subhuman trash who should fry in 'old sparky' on a mid to high range voltage for a long time so they suffer as the families of the slain officers will have to suffer for the rest of their lives.

She should also be jailed for inciting people to ríot.

She should also receive classes in English grammar, "innocent people lives", as punishment. As with the majority of people who post trash on social web sites, she writes as she speaks.

edit on AM1Mon20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy1972

How did she incite a riot?

I agree with the rest, we should never rejoice in the loss of life.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

This is just a sign of the times.

Slaves are not happy.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join