It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS in America? It's worse than you think. "All 50 States" says FBI Director

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I never realized how bad the ISIS and radicalized Muslim's problem in this country is becoming.

Those people exist in every state. I have homegrown violent extremist investigations in every single state. Until a few weeks ago there was 49 states. Alaska had none which I couldn't quite figure out. But Alaska has now joined the group so we have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states.
- FBI Director James Comey
50 States

On May 8th the military just upped their security at all the bases across the U.S. It's no surprise when you look at the crazy amount of activity that ISIS has taken in the US in recent months. Federal authorities have found 150 US residents that have traveled and joined ISIS. 40 of those have returned to the US, only about a dozen of those that traveled joined ISIS in the fighting ranks. However, most have been charged and others are under tight surveillance. These are just the ones that they knew about. Recently, a woman (ISIS sympathizer) claimed as many as 71 "fighters" were on US soil, with 23 willing to do missions such as the Texas shooting. 23 seems like a very small number when you consider all of the plots listed below. My guess is there are many more than that. The spoiled plots below range from bombings, to shootings at military bases. One thing you will see is that the FBI is very deeply active in taking down suspected terrorists (applause to them).

ISIS probably won't be marching the ground in boots on American soil, but you can be sure they will be carrying out as many "lone wolf" attacks as they can. The Texas shooting was a good example of that. While they weren't ISIS fighters, they were encouraged by a terror recruiter from Minnesota who has left to Somalia, Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan. Six US citizens of Somali descent were arrested recently also, all from Minneapolis MN. They have ties back to Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan through one of their brothers who was close friends with Mohamed Abdullahi Hassan. Minneapolis has the largest Somali community in the US and is a major terror pipeline for recruitment.

It's no wonder that ISIS had threatened the Mall Of America, which is located in Minneapolis. That on top of other threats, LAX recently, Memphis-Arkansas Bridge, etc.

I've put together a list of different plots from ISIS, many occurring within the last month and a half, that were prevented. With FBI director James Comey's recent statement that ISIS has "thousands" of sympathizers in the US, I think we are in for a long ride trying to fight radicalized Muslims on our own soil.

May 8th 2015
US Military Bases Raise Security Status Due to ISIS Threats

Military bases and installations in the United States have been ordered to raise their force protection condition status to Bravo (FPCON Bravo), due to general concerns about ISIS related threats, but not because of any specific threat or plot.

January 15th 2015
Ohio Man Claims ISIS in Plan to Attack the Capital

Agents from the FBI’s Cincinnati-Dayton Joint Terrorism Task Force arrested 20-year-old Christopher Cornell Wednesday after they said he purchased weapons intended to kill employees and officials at the U.S. Capitol.

February 25th 2015
3 NYC Men Vow to Blow Up Coney Island for ISIS

The men had planned to travel to the Middle East and had also pledged to launch attacks in this country, including one on President Obama or planting a bomb in Coney Island, Brooklyn, federal officials said.

March 26th 2015
Two Illinois Men Arrested Before Attacking Illinois Military Base

In the press release, Assistant Attorney General Carlin emphasized that the two were actively conspiring to carry out attacks inside the US after linking up with ISIS in the Middle East. “They plotted to attack members of our military within the United States.
The two Chicago area men spoke of using army uniforms, military knowledge and access to attack an Illinois military installation, the department said in a statement.

April 2nd 2015
Two New York Women's ISIS Bomb Plot

Velentzas and her former roommate, 31-year-old Asia Siddiqui, were arrested and accused of planning to build an explosive device for attacks in the United States, federal prosecutors said. Siddiqui is also a U.S. citizen.

April 10th 2015
Kansas Man ISIS Inspired Plot to Bomb Fort Riley

John T. Booker Jr., 20, was arrested on the morning of Friday April 10 outside of Fort Riley as he allegedly tried to connect wires to what he believed was a bomb inside a van. The device was non-explosive and was provided by an FBI informant, the government said.

April 16th 2015
Ohio Man Trained in Syria by ISIS Planned Military Base Attack

Officials said that the man, Abdirahman Sheik Mohamud, 23, a naturalized American citizen whose brother was killed fighting in Syria, spoke of wanting to attack a military facility or a prison in the United States.

April 19th 2015
6 Minnesotans Arrested for trying to Join ISIS

Federal agents Sunday arrested at least six people in Minneapolis and San Diego in what was described as an ISIS-related terror plot. Minneapolis U.S. Attorney Andrew Luger told Minnesota Public Radio nearly simultaneous arrests were made in the two cities.

April 22nd 2015
South Carolina ISIS Couple Plans to attack North Carolina Military Base

The investigation revealed the teen had befriended a man in Raleigh who had radical Islamic beliefs.
The two planned to rob a gun shop in North Carolina, then storm an unnamed North Carolina military base and shoot soldiers on the base.
Later, they planned to go to the Middle East and join ISIS to avenge U.S. airstrikes on the terrorist group.

May 3rd 2015
Two Shooters Attempt Attack for Cartoon in Texas with ISIS links

Miski, whose real name is Muhammed Hassan, corresponded with Simpson, 30, before Sunday’s attack in Garland, Texas, when Simpson and roommate Nadir Soofi, 34, opened fire at the contest, which was sponsored by New York anti-Islam activist Pamela Geller.

Ghost

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Is it just me

Or does ISIS sound like they should be making cheap Swedish furniture.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

so we have investigations of people in various stages of radicalizing in all 50 states.

So, did the terror alert level jump a color then?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I think we are in for a long ride trying to fight radicalized Muslims on our own soil.

I think we are in for a long ride fighting violence period.

www.washingtonsblog.com...

Chart is a little misleading with the labels, but the sentiment stays the same.
The chart is m

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hey, with wide open boarders, free this and free that, you will get the best from their society, now you can blend in 15,000 jihad psyco freedom haters with a 1 way ticket to 72 virgins. Corporations want cheap slaves, Americans want cheap goods, and these trained killers want you dead because they...disagree. Sounds like a friggin blueprint for heaven...

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

All this from what Mr. Obama called a "jayvee" team less than a year ago?

I believe little of what governmental officials say.

I will protect my city, my state, my freedoms in this country, my neighbors and my loved ones. As for me, I've been blessed in this life in many ways. I will be here through whatever evil comes, if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise.

+6 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I can't help but wonder how much a role the FBI had in setting up some these 'foiled' attacks. Anyone who is familiar with the FBI's counter terrorism is they will often 'recruit' troubled young naive people and give them enough bomb building parts so they can set them up and claim to be the heroes of the day.

I personally believe the white supremacist militia types are a much greater threat to US homeland than the 'ISIS' bogeyman.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud here but...Is this not inevitable when our governments (US/Canada/UK and others) destroyed so much of their countries, families and infrastructure on the trumped up charges beginning with 9/11? Even if orchestrated by higher ups, on the cannon fodder level, is this not the rage of disillusioned young people? Angry at having destroyed futures, cloaked in and fueled by religious zeal? And fellow muslims with a rigid dogma jumping in on principle, in sympathy or fearing the warmongers must be destroyed or their country may be next?

We sure don't like it coming back to bite, eh?

No offense op, I realize you are just reporting facts.... but I could have predicted this over a decade ago. It didn't need to happen.
edit on 10-5-2015 by igloo because: bad words

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
ISIS or FBISIS ?

Just another boogy-man to further the agenda

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod I have seen these radicals and know they exist and know their agenda....I have no real proof of FBI setups, These psycos would cry foul to al-jezerra in a second. put on a gay pride shirt, visit the field office, then waltz into a mosque....

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Are ISIS perhaps looking for the US federal protectors, like CIA, to shift focus/manpower away from the middle east?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

That's my take too.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

First, that is a left wing site to put it mildly.. you have one professor in that article willing to put the war in afghanistan and iraq as Christian terrorism, which is absurd.

I will say that Islamic extremism is rising, and I have said that LONG before I myself converted to Christianity. It was something I fought against within the Muslim community where I lived, and it was a loosing battle.

Now.. that is extremism as a whole.. how many of those people will ever be willing to actually and physically kill over it is probably another story entirely. But the prison system is a main target for promoting extremism, and then it is carried on on the outside once they are released from prison.

There are other avenues of extremism, anyone who feels any kind of a disconnect from society, but their numbers are rising..

Numbers from 1972 to now are meaningless... extremism has risen in this country just over the last 10 - 15 years by a large amount.

Now, you also have your political protesting and rioting to be concerned with, things like Baltimore are a prime example, also the weird school shootings.. so, there is a lot of violence in general today.

But I don't think we can discount the growing numbers of ISIS supporters in this country. To do so would be ignorant.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

No we can discuss, no problem there. But unless you got some different stats then does it seem like they are our greatest threat?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually archer has been on them for years.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I dont doubt they have intel showing isisin 50 states but how many are serious and not some kids just identifying with them. And like someone mentioned how many get sort of pushed along by the fbi until they arrest them showing us all the plots they foiled. So far we have been lucky ....but once some major attack happens again we are all gonna sit there wondering why all those new laws and sacrificing of rights didn't stop that attack.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There is a clear difference to try attack cartoonists in USA than in France. In France, these covardly murderers did not meet any opposition to kill mercilessly unarmed civilians. In USA, the killers met their end pretty much the moment they tried to commit. It is a clear benefit to have civil society with right to carry arms. Nobody starts to mess around, when the exit back to your creator can stand just next to you.

So, when ISIS now openly informs they are in USA and ready to go afool, it is also a reminder for those who favor OBAMA and leftist propaganda of dropping arms before the enemy. Please line up now to be massacred - or let the arms find their rightful hand, and protect the society.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: teslahowitzer
a reply to: jrod I have seen these radicals and know they exist and know their agenda....I have no real proof of FBI setups...

No real proof of FBI setups you say?

The FBI Goes To Disturbing Lengths To Set Up Potential Terrorists

The once exclusively investigative bureau has morphed into a counterterrorism agency, with field agents tapping into a nationwide network of informants that infiltrate mainly-Muslim communities.

The FBI targets the "disgruntled few" who would participate in a terrorist plot if given the opportunity, according to Aaronson. In many cases, the FBI recruits potential terrorists and provides them with plans, equipment, and weapons — before finally shutting them down and getting credit for thwarting another attack.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Numbers are meaningless as a general rule. Its a matter of who would, if told to do so. Who would, over the killing of one person - is a different story entirely. Who would, because they are crazy and just lost it over a job or a lover you cannot keep an eye on.

Who would when their chosen leaders tell them to is a different story entirely. You can at least keep an eye on the possibles in that corner in order to thwart any real danger.

You cannot really keep an eye on everyone who might go berserk because they lost their job or are angry with their teachers or lost a lover. Nor can you do much about sporadic rioting other than to make certain local police are doing their jobs properly. Which can and should be done..

but you have another segment that you cannot simply ignore because they are only quietly recruiting into extremism right now.. they are recruiting for a reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join