It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion IS Malware

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: WarminIndy

What is the reward or punishment in the fortune cookies?

A good or bad fortune, of course.

But you can either laugh or cry.
Some people live by fortune cookies.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No. First they must have faith in Christ's alone, in His payment for our sins. Then they must consistently confess their sins to God (1John 1:9) to maintain the walk in the Spirit/Fellowship with God. These confessions should be private, between the individual and God, so in one way or another, either the modern church system doesnt teach it, or teaches it improperly.

I would say very few so called Christians are actually Christians, and of those real believers, even fewer walk in the Spirit.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank you,

I just may dodge the flashback trauma after all.

No. Sorry. I remember the FBI agent in charge laughing in front of congress.

I've got the day off today. I'll be drunk soon. But thank you again.
edit on 11-5-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Why are you NOT Malware?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorman91

Because his disbelief is right because reasons.
I mean, I'm an atheist too.
But contrary to popular belief, lack of belief doesn't make one any smarter...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't see how disbelief is any less malware.

If you want to use the term malware, then you have to find a population of humans whom have zero beliefs, for or against religion, to define as malware-free

I don't think you will find this.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Matt 7:12 “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

You conveniently overlook the fact that the Law which the Prophets followed required a substitutionary death for the atonement of sins. Before you can properly follow the Law of civility, your sins had to be atoned for. Why do think the Exodus started with the Passover Lamb? Israel had to be purchased from Egypt.

If you don't believe that Jesus died to pay the penalty for your sins, then your good works can not be credited to you as righteousness. Without faith, you works are dead religious ritual...just more stubble for the fire.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It was an irrational rant.
Those are very seldom well thought out.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Because his disbelief is right because reasons.
I mean, I'm an atheist too.
But contrary to popular belief, lack of belief doesn't make one any smarter...

The OP doesn't have lack of belief, the OP is a secular Jew who doesn't follow the traditions. That's all. The OP believes in spirituality though, the OP later said that they believe they have a soul.

The OP is like these famous Jews who are atheist and agnostic

It's not really easy to separate a Jewish person from the community or identity, even if they don't follow the religion.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
Religion is of man. Pretty much sums it up for me.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
Religion IS Malware
We have been infected by a malware virus called religion. It causes people to behave in the most irrational way. There is this belief that there is a GOD that actually gives a crap about what religion you practice.

That is incorrect.Religion is not malware that infects a healthy program it is the nature of ALL mankind..in other words it is the OS.None can extract their religion from themselves.The amalgamation of all of a persons experiences form their belief in faith of “their” Belief System(BS) religion.

Some (many) peoples religions foundation is a herd religion like Christianity or Islam which includes a belief in a “God” however that doesn’t make all non believers of a God not a religion.The crux of it all is,a BS religion is what separates a person from another person.Every person perception of “life” is different because of their experiences and how they perceive and act upon them.None are exempt from this process of the BS religion.

The only way the religion of a person could be eradicated is if an outside source extracted it.As the old saying goes you can’t lift yourself up by your own bootstraps.Unfortunately the reality is most people have not a clue they are religious and believe in “their” BS religion.The ones that know their Belief System religion does exist do not want to have it eradicated because it causes conflict and problems because they believe it is the fix/cure for those things!

In other words…This is a pandemic of insanity and a universal case of cluelessness.Many quantum physicist deal with this type of dilemma everyday.They know for a fact the quantum world of atoms and particles do not act the way large objects do.They know for a fact a particle can be in two or more places simultaneously that could theoretical span the known universe and it is impossible to fix them to one position.They know the construct of time with a past, present and future is not true reality but as Einstein said a persistent illusion...etc etc...

The fact is ...religion is the OS everyone is running.It won’t be cured anytime soon.It will only get more complicated and convoluted.When the OS crashes that’s the beginning of the end.The only way to get out of the machine is to die.There is no way to know what the next process will be because the OS can only perceive (read) programs that run on it’s OS……All hail the OS!!!!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't disagree with anything you've said. I simply didn't care to take the time to give buzzy the references. However, if you are proposing those verses say we have a responsibility to sin no more, I would disagree. Christians are supposed to do the Good thing simply because it is part of who they are.

As you said:

Sin no longer held the appeal it once did.

Sin should no longer appeal to a Christian, and because sinful actions have become unappealing a Christian simply shouldn't want to preform sinful actions not because of some God-given responsibility but because Christ has changed them internally. I trust Christ to transform my heart and soul. When I see unappealing actions come from my very depths of my being I simply have to trust that Christ can handle the change because I accept that sometimes I am to weak to do it myself.(This does not mean I do not try to change on my own, it simply means I recognize my lack of will power in this world and my lack of knowledge of what is best for me so I give that to Christ.)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

wait.
what?

what???? are you guys talking about now? The infolurker post to which you replied doesn't say anything about me.....

Ohhhhh!! You didn't want to respond to my scripture quotes....is that it? But - why not?
Isn't that what he said?
Doesn't he say that "praying" isn't enough (especially when one does it 'publicly') and that what you fail to do for others in need you FAIL TO DO FOR HIM? Or what you DO to others you also do to him?

Did I get that wrong?

edit on 5/11/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ATruGod

My problem with religion....I was not born with "Faith" and am unsure how to just turn off My "Reason".

Faith is not the antithesis of Reason. In fact I think it can easily be argued that the Biblical definition of Faith is easily the only way one can choose to Reason in the first place. Faith in the Bible is translated from the Greek word 'pistis'. It is synonymous to a deep trust. When you choose to "Reason" you are choosing to have "Faith" in your 5 senses. You choose to have "Faith" that general rules determined by inductive reasoning will remain true.

Faith is literally accepting the story put in front of You no matter how much it doesn't make sense

As I have already addressed above, this is not what Faith means to the Christian. I am also willing to be this is not what faith means to people of other religious convictions. This definition of Faith that you have used doesn't register with religious people either so hopefully this clears up your misunderstanding of at least the Christian point of view.
edit on 11-5-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ohhhhh!! You didn't want to respond to my scripture quotes....is that it? But - why not?

I don't care to waste my time honestly. I have talked with you enough to know that you believe what you want to believe.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I have talked with you enough to know that you believe what you want to believe.

Oh

And.....so

you don't?

Just tell me this: did Jesus (allegedly) say those things, or did he not? The things about feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, caring for others.....did he not?

If he didn't, that's not only "news to me", but it also turns me even further off/away from whatever it is you're selling. Peddling. Offering. Whatever.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Oh

And.....so

you don't?

No I don't simply believe what I want to believe. I believe truth to be objective in nature and so what is true may not be what I desire to be true.

Yes Jesus obviously said those words, but your interpretation of them isn't based of of other bible verse its based off your own subjective whims and desires.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yes Jesus obviously said those words, but your interpretation of them isn't based of of other bible verse its based off your own subjective whims and desires.

Really?

So, he didn't say those things?
Oh wait, you said he obviously DID say those things.....
but, I'm reading it wrong? I don't care about other bible verses....I care about what he supposedly said that modern self-styled "Christians" disagree with (or deny).

But, hey, I totally understand you not wanting to waste your time talking to me (I mean, "of all people! *eyeroll*").....right? (Right?) !!!!!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

The OPs arguments are the same overly simplistic scapegoating antheistic tripe many use.
As for the OP's descent, ohhh noes, das juden! [/sarc]

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Really?

So, he didn't say those things?
Oh wait, you said he obviously DID say those things.....
but, I'm reading it wrong? I don't care about other bible verses....I care about what he supposedly said that modern self-styled "Christians" disagree with (or deny).

But, hey, I totally understand you not wanting to waste your time talking to me (I mean, "of all people! *eyeroll*").....right? (Right?) !!!!!

There in lies your problem. You don't care about other Bible verses. The Bible was meant to interpret itself...just like any other book. I will show you what I am talking about since you seem so eager....

Matthew 25
34 “Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?'

40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'

Notice the kingdom was for the Sheep and that it had specifically be prepared for these Sheep since the foundation of the world.(This is not predestination it is based on God's omniscient knowledge) :

Inheritance is something passed on to you from someone close in the context it would mean something passed from God the Father to the Children of God:

John 1:12
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

1 John 2:28-3:10
And now, little children, abide in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not shrink from him in shame at his coming. If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him. See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure. .

1 Peter 1
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Notice the parallel to the inheritance in Matthew 25. Given to those who are protected by the power of God through faith. Notice that being born of Him and being born again are the same thing.

(This next passage does a good job of describing how Christians view the path to becoming a righteous person)

1 Peter 2
4 And coming to Him as to a living stone which has been rejected by men, but is choice and precious in the sight of God, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up as a spiritual house for a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For this is contained in Scripture:

“Behold, I lay in Zion a choice stone, a precious corner stone,
And he who believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
7 This precious value, then, is for you who believe; but for those who disbelieve,

“The stone which the builders rejected,
This became the very corner stone,”
8 and,

“A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense”;
for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed.

9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Christians come to Christ and Christ sculpts them into a new person. The analogy is perfect imo. A sculptor chips bits and pieces off of stone until it becomes something beautiful. Christ does the same thing to the Christian's essence and the Christian does what is right simply because that is what they have been carved into not because of some God-give responsibility. However when it comes to salvation(separation between sheeps and goats) Sheep are seen as sheep because they "proclaim the excellencies of the one who called the out of darkness" and Goats are seen as Goats because they don't have grace. The Bible says our Good works are as filthy rags before God(Isaiah 64:6). Its only when you've been clothed in the righteousness of Christ that ones righteous acts to a son of man will be seen. Going back to Matthew 25, if you think about it the majority of people on earth qualify for both positions. We have helped some and not helped some. The point here is what is seen by Christ and why. Matthew 25 doesn't give you that alone. I have also given you at least two references outside of Paul that mention salvation by faith, and I have also given you verses that should show you that loving acts are an effect of salvation not a requirement for.
edit on 11-5-2015 by ServantOfTheLamb because: typo

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join