It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK election: Riot erupts in London

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I never voted for a Political party who took this country into two illegal Wars or voted to keep 300 nuclear missiles...did you?
No, I last voted in 1997 (Lib-dem) then UKIP last week.

They hold not one bit of power over me. and i'll never respect them in any way.
They don't need your respect, they have a majority in Parliament. Those 56 SNP MP's are toothless, and all manner of changes will be forced over you if you like it or not.
See ya Barnett Formula lol, see ya Scot's MP's voting on English only issues lol, see ya Scotland in the not too distant future lol.

Bye....we wont miss you that's for sure...Stick yer Barnett formula where the sun dont shine, and you can kiss all that oil and Gas goodbye while yer at it. cant wait mate.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Admit it mate, you're just throwing the toys oot yer pram because UKIP got found out...Remind me again. how many seats. Hahahaha

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Right guys and Gals, i'm done with this thread...NEXT!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I look forward to it. I only hope that you all do one from the UK quickly, and before the EU loving Scottish vote can pollute our referendum on EU membership.
Bye bye Barnet Formula, bye bye Scottish MP's having any vote over my life in England, bye bye to listening to Scottish MP's whinging about everything being the fault of England lol

In the meantime though I look forward to the entertainment of watching SNP MP's losing every single vote in the House of Commons, haha, that will be amusing.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm not cross or emotional at all, that is your invention alone.
I am happy to have a majority Conservative government in power keeping the muzzle on the rather toothless SNP vote in Parliament lol

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

"Debating with those who have renounced reason is like administering medicine to the dead" someone much smarter than me once said. So far I have quite enjoyed the discussion and don't regret entering into it.

Kind regards

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If party a gets elected, the poor get kicked in the stones and the rich get richer. If party b gets elected the poor get shat upon and the rich get richer. If party c gets elected the poor get pissed on and the rich get richer. If party d gets elected the poor get flipped over and done dry and the rich get richer. You starting to see a pattern developing here?
a reply to: johnwick

The left right paradigm can corrupt the most smartest of brains.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That totally echoes my own sentiments. Not on my watch either.

“A picture can speak a thousand words.”

I see it like this... if they scrap the Human Rights Act then Parliament WILL burn.

By the way... if Scotland leaves the UK then we will require a new general election.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio

“A picture can speak a thousand words.”

I see it like this... if they scrap the Human Rights Act then Parliament WILL burn.

By the way... if Scotland leaves the UK then we will require a new general election.
So you read all that from Solo's image?! Haha, you are joking yeah?

Regarding your assertion that the UK will require a general election after any Scottish independence, you are making that up I say, but even if it were the case so what?
You didn't even register a vote or an officially recorded spoiled ballot last week though so what position of status do you hold in any current UK political debate?
You remained silent.
edit on 10.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No, I haven't remained silent.

Abstaining does not for a moment mean that I am not allowed to partake in politics. We have a broken system and it isn't going to be fixed by either Cameron or Miliband, and most certainly not Farage, so there was no point in me voting. The Tories want the system like it is because they are experts in manipulating it. Further, there wasn't a chance that I'd be voting for either George Eustice or Mike Foster so I knew only too well that any other vote would have essentially been worthless in a system which was designed for a two-horse-race. In any case, I have relocated since the deadline for electoral registration. By the way, it looks like more people did not vote, for whatever reason, than how many voted for the Tories; therefore, many people in this country are quite possibly feeling equally as disillusioned as myself.

edit on 10th May 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

You should have written all that on your ballot paper in ink pen, instead of bleating about it on ATS.
Too far to walk to the polling station was it?

*Edit*
A spoiled ballot paper is recorded. You were just recorded as someone who was not registered to vote.
But bleating on ATS has primacy over walking to a polling station with a pen last week? Lame.
edit on 10.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What, the arse-end of Cornwall? 250 miles is a long walk. I don't even know how it works when somebody changes constituency after the registration deadline. Two months ago I could not possibly foresee where I would be living by now, my situation is very complicated. You're basically bringing up the same crap I've seen over and over again about people having no voice if they do not vote. It's meaningless propaganda. Saying that I have no voice is fascist, so kindly desist.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

No, I haven't remained silent.

Abstaining does not for a moment mean that I am not allowed to partake in politics. We have a broken system and it isn't going to be fixed by either Cameron or Miliband, and most certainly not Farage, so there was no point in me voting. The Tories want the system like it is because they are experts in manipulating it. Further, there wasn't a chance that I'd be voting for either George Eustice or Mike Foster so I knew only too well that any other vote would have essentially been worthless in a system which was designed for a two-horse-race. In any case, I have relocated since the deadline for electoral registration. By the way, it looks like more people did not vote, for whatever reason, than how many voted for the Tories; therefore, many people in this country are quite possibly feeling equally as disillusioned as myself.

Hi there I must have missed something here if I may?

"Abstaining does not for a moment mean that I am not allowed to partake in politics."

I could be wrong but surely that is the point of absinance?

You do not vote yet think you have the right to complain about the outcome? really?

If you can explain this in a sensible way I would be inspired.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

There is no arse end of Cornwall, and if there was it would smell sweet.
First world problems regarding voting, but hey. In This Post you said:

I did not vote because I do not believe in this broken electoral system.

...so which is it? Life circumstances or personal choice why you remained silent in the general election?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have my reasons for not voting and I won't be explaining it because I'm in enough trouble as it is.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You explained it well enough in your post I quoted just up from this exchange.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have my reasons for not voting and I won't be explaining it because I'm in enough trouble as it is.

I am unaware of your circumstances but that does not answer my question regarding your choosing not to vote but feeling you have a right to complain about the outcome.

As I said if you can rationalise this decision fine, if not you need to stop complaining about the outcome that you had a right to make an impact on yet chose not to.

Your logic makes no sense in this matter.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What I said was vague, I won't go into more detail than that.

When more people do not vote than the amount who vote for the winning party, I personally feel that it is foolish to assert that they have no right to complain. I have had no end of hell from those Tories during the last 4 years and I'm utterly dismayed because I know only too well that I'm in for the same again. I was actually planning to vote Labour not too long ago, not so much to annoy the Tories but rather because the only single MP I consider worthy of being in office is Yvette Cooper. We've lost a very good potential Home Secretary there because she probably won't ever get close again. In any case, because I have been extremely unsettled over these last few months it has been difficult for me to establish which constituency I'd be in by the time of the elections. As it happens, whichever place I'd have ended up I would have been in a Tory majority area so my vote would have been worthless. Maybe if I had moved to a city then it could've made a genuine difference. Not that any of this matters, the fact that I did not vote does not mean that I have no right to raise my concerns. Telling me otherwise is exactly what I have been seeing over and over again on social media and it smacks of a campaign to influence public opinion because the government know full-well what's coming.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Whatever, you didn't vote last Thursday, or even register an officially spoiled ballot.
You are officially recorded in the 'Registered to vote but couldn't even be arsed to walk to the nearest Polling Station to spoil the ballot paper" database lol.
I guess whinging on ATS is easier though.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Build a wall round the south of England and declare it a separate country. I'm with Scotland.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join