It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Mother's Day to all you ATS momma's out there...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Happy Sunday to you all.. I'll keep this thread short and sweet. Want to wish all the mother's on ATS a very Happy Mother's Day from myself... Please enjoy your day, put your feet up and hopefully get a few snacks made a long the way from your children. Thanks to all the moms who have the hardest most thankless job known to man. Your efforts and undying love is appreciated. Special thanks to my mom for dealing with/ making me the guy I am today (good and bad). If your mom isn't here anymore, find some time to think about the good things you shared. Spread some love today..

Happy Mother's Day!

And mods- if this was already posted, feel free to 86 this thread

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
That was the sweetest thread I've ever read on ATS!! You just made my day!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bamababe
That was the sweetest thread I've ever read on ATS!! You just made my day!

Happy to read that

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Thanks... I needed to read this.

Home with my 3 little kids now, the two older ones are running in circles like crazy (but happy) people... Baby has just fallen asleep in my arms. Only 3 hours of sleep last night since the baby has a stuffy nose and isn't sleeping well as a result. I'm exhausted.

Husband is volunteering at church ...so he is gone for 6 hours this morning. I'm too tired to get kids and self out to church so we are just hanging out here at home. I'm fighting the feeling of being annoyed with him for being gone. Couldn't someone else volunteer this morning?

In all this chaos and mess, I had a moment of feeling a bit sorry for myself. I hate pity parades and whining. I don't let my kids do it, so I really can't either! But... Mornings like this it feels like no one cares how exhausted I am. I feel frazzled to the core. I feel like I could fall apart at any moment.

As my sweet baby fell asleep in my arms, I took a moment to check out ATS this morning and saw this thread.

Strangely, it made me feel a little better.
. Thanks. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I hope my kids will remember me for the love and laughter and I hope I'm hiding my total exhaustion successfully.

Ok... Gotta get back to the older two. It's gotten strangely quiet. Always a sign of shenanigans.

Thanks again

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
thanks, that was very thoughtful! My kids are Millennials - daughter just called from Austin, TX, and going to lunch and a movie with son. To all you moms with littles, enjoy them - it's when they get to be teens and you don't know where they are that it gets reaally nervewracking!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I hope my kids will remember me for the love and laughter and I hope I'm hiding my total exhaustion successfully.

It will all be worth it, and you're doing GREAT! (Not sure why daddy would do that, but...ok....hope he makes it up to you!)
Mwah!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
To all the Mothers everywhere who really love and take care of us!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Happy mothers Day...this one's for you!

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thanks !
I am a Mother ...... at times... just ask my wife.....

Great Thread !!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I don't know how I got conned into buying my wife dinner and a present on mothers day. She expects it now yet she is not my mother. I used to do it for my daughter and my wife now expects me to keep doing it even though she is not even around anymore.

How did this get turned around. Also, why do we have to take our spouse out and buy them a gift on our anniversary? Why should we keep paying and paying for our past mistakes.
Just kidding, I try to keep my wife happy and by doing that it makes my life a lot easier.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Happy Mother's Day and that includes pet Mom's!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Thank you so much.

I will be relaxing and just being myself today

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Was cruising around the site reading and logged in just to say thank you

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Happy Mother's Day everyone!

I hope we all have a wonderful and relaxed day.

It's raining in my neck of the woods, and I love the rain.

CdT

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Thank you!!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Mother... is the most beautiful word in the English language, according to a survey of 40,000 people worldwide
link

My childrens Mother is the most wonderful person in the world, I love her and worship the ground she walks on. When she calls me a loser I feel honoured that she is even thinking of me.

And to my mum - well you are just a dead-set bloody legend...and you know it.

To all Mums, world wide - happy mothers day.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: linking issues

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thank you for the wishes. Today has been an object lesson in why moms need their day.

Our 4-year-old has been hell on wheels all day - whiny, completely self-absorbed, and just a total nit. It didn't help that I started off with a migraine bed enough that we stopped once on the road for me to toss cookies.

Everything has a good explanation - his mood, my husband's, and my own headache - but that doesn't change the fact that it's been a craptastic day and it ain't over. There's laundry needs doin' and the kid's not in bed yet.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sorry about it not being a blissful day.
It'll get better.
I remember when my son was 4 - I asked him to stay four forever....
He is now 24. But, whatever.
We went out for pizza and a movie....and I got a fantastic big huge hug as we were parting.....

These days shall pass. Sorry about your headache, though - barfing is like the worst thing ever (for me).
And, Happy Mother's Day anyway

It's the hardest job in the world, often thankless. But I think it's the most IMPORTANT job in the world, too.
Hug to you
edit on 5/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

For every mom out there (my daughter posted this to me three years ago):

edit on 5/10/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Reading each reply put a smile on my face... But honestly, this thread only needed to reach one person and it would have been well worth it. I hope you all had a wonderful day. My day is coming to a close now, my mother loved everything I did for her today, just need to be more cognizant to demonstrate this every day, and not just on a holiday, but I am working on it

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Though I'm posting late, I just wanted to say thank you for your Mothers Day message. This was my first mothers day alone (which also fell on my birthday), with my husband deceased and sons both on military deployment, so I just wanted to let you know that your wishes are very much appreciated.

Thank you!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join