It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for interesting places to go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hi all,

So I just finished my education preparation, and after this summer, I am hopefully going to start on the University. But before all that starts, I would like to travel and just get away from it all.

Now I am not much for going drinking or going to a sunny hotel, but I would like to take a car trip to some mysterious places, like Hessdalen.

I was hoping that someone here could help me find some interesting location in the Nordic countries. Whether it is UFO, conspiracy, military or paranormal related does not matter - I would just like to go somewhere interesting to take my mind of things

Hope to hear some interesting thoughts - thanks in advance

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mc4denmark

Have you thought about going to a Kibbutz ?

From there you can go to Jordan and see Petra, Egypt etc. I volunteered for a couple of months and came home 10 years later.

It was a life experience I wouldn't change for the world. Be careful, travelling is contagious

Cody

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I wouldn't go to Egypt in the current political climate there if you are American..

You will have to share some pictures someday Cody!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
That sounds like an awesome experience. I've always wanted an in depth experience of Israel, Egypt, and Jordan (as well as Morocco). I'd think that to actually live there in that way would be the best way to experience it.

To the OP - not exactly in your area but fairly close - the volcano fields of Iceland. Stark and beautiful. Historical with ancient god/goddess/spirit worship. And tons of things in the metaphysical area to think about - from the spirits to the ley lines to all sorts of potentially cool spiritual stuff.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

That sounds like quite a journey Cody! Unfortunately I can only be away for a around a week, so Egypt might be a bit of a long shot for me - and yea, the instability might also be a factor to consider

I was looking for something a little closer to Denmark

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thank you FlyersFAN!

I will definitely look into it. Iceland is indeed a very beautiful place.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I'll try and find some

My trunk's in my dad's loft, but the few I have amazed my kids. I don't want to derail this thread, but the world is such a big place and there's so much more I want to experience.

Political climate ?

Stuff it, live a life, take a chance, if not you have the whole what if scenario........................

Cody

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
That sounds like an awesome experience. I've always wanted an in depth experience of Israel, Egypt, and Jordan (as well as Morocco). I'd think that to actually live there in that way would be the best way to experience it.

To the OP - not exactly in your area but fairly close - the volcano fields of Iceland. Stark and beautiful. Historical with ancient god/goddess/spirit worship. And tons of things in the metaphysical area to think about - from the spirits to the ley lines to all sorts of potentially cool spiritual stuff.

Long time no see

It changed me, I learned tolerance, probably the best lesson ever

Cody

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mc4denmark

If you do go to the Nordics, get yourself over to Saint Petersburg in Russia. Its right beside Finland, check it out on a map.

Its the most beautiful city ive ever been in. There are so many palaces and parks and the architechture is unbelievable.
Ive been there twice , i'd recommend it to anyone who would like to go somewhere different

new topics

top topics

join