It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blur - The Magic Whip (best new album I've heard in a while)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I have to admit that I never took the time to listen to all their older albums, (although, I know and loved all their greatest singles from the old days, when I still listened to the radio, who can forget Song 2, Country House, Tender, Girls and Boys, To the End etc)
In the month or two leading to the release of the album they literally put out half of the songs via their YouTube Channel.

A way to combat leaks and piracy? Maybe. Did they give away only the catchiest songs, could be, some say they did, but there are a few other gems that didn't get an official release.
My favorite being Ghost Ship

I couldn't help but feel a hint of Gorillaz here and there, which is understandable, along with a little psychadelic rock and other influences, although it might just be me.

All in all, not a perfect album, it's overall quite mellow and it lacks that punchy lead single or two of their Britpop days, but it's good to see them back, and with guitarist Graham Coxon.
Definitely some of these songs are going to be the soundtrack of my summer.

I leave you with a rendition of their classic Tender which they did backstage at their recent Jimmy Fallon appearance,

Peace, out

edit on 10/5/15 by athousandlives because: added line

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sounds a little like Tom Petty . I did only listen to the one song

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

I think 13 is probably the best thing they ever did. Haven't heard the new album yet, though.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've been a fan since i heard coffee and tv on mtv prob more than a decade ago. Scope that track.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
not bad

top topics

join