It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Report: Russian soldiers quit over Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Well it seems Russian soldiers are getting tired of the lies from their own government about their involvement in Ukraine.

Some Russian soldiers are quitting the army because of the conflict in Ukraine, several soldiers and human rights activists have told Reuters. Their accounts call into question the Kremlin's continued assertions that no Russian soldiers have been sent to Ukraine, and that any Russians fighting alongside rebels there are volunteers.

And it seems they have to bring in soldiers from thousands of miles away because of the reluctance of those close to Ukraine not wanting to join and fight in Ukraine.

Most Russian soldiers who fought in Ukraine last year – whether volunteers or not – came from Central Russia, the North Caucasus or the Volga region, according to soldiers' accounts, relatives and Russian media. More recently, Reuters reporters in east Ukraine spotted fighters from Siberia, thousands of miles away.

Their appearance lends support to claims that Russian troops from regions closer to Ukraine have become reluctant to join the conflict.

news.yahoo.com...

You can read more at the link...

I guess this pretty much closes the door on Putin saying they were just volunteers fighting in Ukraine and not regular Russian troops.

I guess Vlad didn't expect his own soldiers to start dropping the truth.

And the original article from Reuters...

www.reuters.com...
edit on 10-5-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Stephen Harper saying that the Canadian troops were trainers is having a hard time to explain to Canadians how one was killed at the front by "friendly fire " in a case of mistaken identity . I suspect that Obama will go through the same if and when US troops start coming home in coffins . I would expect that they can keep it under wraps for only so long . It wouldn't be the first time and tptb know you don't want the public to actually know what is really going on . So far they have done a good job of keeping it off the front page ,but if and when bodies start coming home the alternative media will get loud enough that they wont be able to keep it hid .

The New York Times Does Government’s Bidding:
Here’s What You’re Not Being Told About U.S. Troops In Ukraine

U.S. troops are now operating openly in Ukraine. The "paper of record's" "coverage" is an embarrassment, per usual

By Patrick L. Smith
May 10, 2015 "Information Clearing House" - "Salon" - As of mid-April, when a Pentagon flack announced it in Kiev, and as barely reported in American media, U.S. troops are now operating openly in Ukraine.
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Do you blame them? Who in there right mind wants to go to war?

Russians have a long history of dodging the draft, through both world wars and more acutely during the 10-year Soviet war in Afghanistan that ended in 1989. Twice a year Russia drafts 150,000 to 200,000 men between the ages of 18 and 27 to serve for 12 months. Today's conscripts have continued the tradition of avoiding military service in great numbers. While exact figures are almost impossible to attain because they would embarrass the Russian government, Sutyagin said, traditionally around 50 percent of conscripts avoid the draft. A 2013 report from the General Staff of the Russian Federation Council mentioned that 244,000 men avoided conscription in 2012, although those figures could not be verified.

source

Doesn't seem all the new.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Those are just CIA plants. Any real Russian would be proud to fight where the Kremlin tells them to fight. That's if the Kremlin told them to fight. As we all know there are no Russian troops in Ukraine. /sarc
edit on 5/10/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service"

Well it seems Russian soldiers are getting tired of the lies from their own government about their involvement in Ukraine.

It is my opinion that Militaries, globally, are facing very serious personnel and manning level issues because no longer is war transparent and based upon righteousness against real evil, it is based upon blanketed deception and ulterior motives of very powerful individuals and has nothing to do with geographical conquest or freedom and democracy - those reasons disappeared a long time ago.

Vlad the failure is just fiddling a different tune than Obamabushton...........all are money and oil hungry war pigs who will not hesitate to sacrifice young men and women for their own selfish agendas.........thanks to the Banksters who have given all of them their thrones.......again, my opinion.

Well it seems US soldiers are getting tired of the lies from their own government about their involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Maybe that could be the reason for the extra effort in the Victory day celebrations and the many stories that would seem to instill a more patriotic duty to The Mother Land this year .

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

In the american military, during actual combat, 15% casualty rate estimates make the mission a nonstarter.

We do it some other way no matter what at a 15% casualty rate.

In the Russian military, they frequently suffer higher than 15% casualty rates just during training, without even blinking.

Which one would you want to serve in?

No wonder Americas army is a 100% volunteer force vs Russians dodging the draft to avoid service.

I would happily serve 10 years in any western army before I would serve 1 month in any branch of the Russian military.

Hell I would join the French foreign legion first.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"Special Report" from Yahoo no less, tell us--

Some Russian soldiers…

--which then becomes "several", then "five", then "one" who remains "anonymous"… "testifies that Russians are in Ukraine".

No doubt. Most of Ukraine is populated by Russians.

Evidence for Russians fighting in Ukraine – Russian army equipment found in the country…

All the military hardware in Ukraine is of Russian manufacture…

Yahooooo?

edit on 10-5-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Except this isn't for the draft and Russia isn't at war...according to Putin.

These are already active troops that are wanting to quit....not something that happens all the time.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Seems you missed the link to the original article...from Reuters.

Should have actually read the whole OP.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Except this isn't for the draft and Russia isn't at war...according to Putin.

These are already active troops that are wanting to quit....not something that happens all the time.

It is the same thing as far as I'm concerned and although Sublimecraft already eloquently put it, draft dodgers are those not already drinking the Kremlin Kool-Aid, those that "quit" (if that's even aloud) are disaffected.

Anyone with the modest level of intellect knows Russia is meddling in the affairs of Ukraine, including Russians because they have skin in the game. This alone isn't enough for defectors as many Ukrainians are considered countryman. I'd bet it death and war in general.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It is my opinion that Militaries, globally, are facing very serious personnel and manning level issues because no longer is war transparent and based upon righteousness against real evil, it is based upon blanketed deception and ulterior motives of very powerful individuals and has nothing to do with geographical conquest or freedom and democracy - those reasons disappeared a long time ago.

Can't argue with that, but here is the thing...the world knows Russia has sent troops to Ukraine, why does Putin continue to lie about what the world sees and what his own people are seeing happen? Not a good way to get re elected IMO, and Vlad wants to stay president as long as possible.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

In the american military, during actual combat, 15% casualty rate estimates make the mission a nonstarter.

We do it some other way no matter what at a 15% casualty rate.

In the Russian military, they frequently suffer higher than 15% casualty rates just during training, without even blinking.

Which one would you want to serve in?

No wonder Americas army is a 100% volunteer force vs Russians dodging the draft to avoid service.

I would happily serve 10 years in any western army before I would serve 1 month in any branch of the Russian military.

Hell I would join the French foreign legion first.

And I guess that would make me a Quaker because I choose none of the above.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Maybe that could be the reason for the extra effort in the Victory day celebrations and the many stories that would seem to instill a more patriotic duty to The Mother Land this year .

I couldn't even pretend to know but any kind of military parade or "celebration" is propaganda in my book.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It is the same thing as far as I'm concerned and although Sublimecraft already eloquently put it, draft dodgers are those not already drinking the Kremlin Kool-Aid, those that "quit" (if that's even aloud) are disaffected.

Except this isn't about draft dodgers it is about already active troops quitting. And those who quit face criminal prosecution just as here in the states. Except I imagine their punishment is a bit more severe than what happens here.

Anyone with the modest level of intellect knows Russia is meddling in the affairs of Ukraine, including Russians because they have skin in the game. This alone isn't enough for defectors as many Ukrainians are considered countryman. I'd bet it death and war in general.

Well that says something about those who are members here that still refuse to except the fact of that happening...and you have seen exactly what I am talking about.

This could be enough for those to quit, because your being sent to kill people from another country with nothing actually being the reason for it, and before you bring up the US and what they have done...please don't as we already know and it has been discussed thoroughly.

Fighting for a country in a war usually has something your fighting for, but what is happening in Eastern Ukraine doesn't have and end that will show Russia as being in the right for what they are doing.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Seems you missed the link to the original article...from Reuters.

Should have actually read the whole OP.

I read through propaganda just fine.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Seems your source doesn't understand how training works...because in case you missed this they are there training the Ukraine military.

WASHINGTON — American soldiers will deploy to Ukraine this spring to begin training four companies of the Ukrainian National Guard, the head of US Army Europe Lt. Gen Ben Hodges said during his first visit to Kiev on Wednesday.

The number of troops heading to the Yavoriv Training Area near the city of L'viv — which is about 40 miles from the Polish border — is still being determined, however.

www.defensenews.com...

And that number is 300. Now American military men are tough, but 300 will amount to nothing in this conflict if they were to fight...which they aren't.

But hey as long as information clearinghouse says it's so then it must be.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I read through propaganda just fine.

Obviously you haven't.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Except this isn't about draft dodgers it is about already active troops quitting. And those who quit face criminal prosecution just as here in the states. Except I imagine their punishment is a bit more severe than what happens here.

Well that says something about those who are members here that still refuse to except the fact of that happening...and you have seen exactly what I am talking about.

This could be enough for those to quit, because your being sent to kill people from another country with nothing actually being the reason for it, and before you bring up the US and what they have done...please don't as we already know and it has been discussed thoroughly.

Fighting for a country in a war usually has something your fighting for, but what is happening in Eastern Ukraine doesn't have and end that will show Russia as being in the right for what they are doing.

The article quotes one anonymous source but beyond that nothing to indicate this is the truth. Some may sure, but it's a bit of a stretch to assume this is the reason for an exodus. Could be new military policies, decrease in pay, unsuitable working conditions, who knows.

As far as what's worse Russia or US since YOU brought it up, neither are in the right. They are using Ukraine as cannon fodder for their proxy war. Both need to pull up their big boy pants and have it out or shut the # up and leave the world alone.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
When soldiers used to quit the army because they didn't believe with their orders, it was called DESERTION.

If it's the end of their tour of duty, then fine. However, if it's not, they should be charged with Desertion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join