It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To everyone who voted conservative

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I've been very quiet the last few days - absolutely gutted that the Conservatives won an overall majority in the recent General Election.

I despise the vast majority of modern politicians and political parties and all they represent.
I also loathe both our electoral and parliamentary processes and procedures and the system they prop up and sustain.

And I have a particular dislike and disgust for the Conservative Party who I believe are especially vindictive and cruel.

But I've got to say I'm sick to death of listening and reading all the whining and moaning.

We all know the system.
We all know the biased nature of the press and MSM.

Now if anyone is surprised at the outcome of the election they must have been either living under a rock for the last few months, incredibly naïve or simply blinded by their own adherence to political dogma.

The FACT is that the Conservatives polled more votes than anyone else.

Now the whole campaign was a complete farce as far as I can tell - all parties relied on populist policies with very little of substance and even very little difference between the 'main' parties.

Yet many, and I'll even go as far to say most, people who voted Conservative did so for valid reasons.
They got their point of view across better than anyone else, that wasn't very hard, and the other parties failed to both debunk Tory 'promises' and disprove the aspersions that the Tories cast about the others parties.

And to say the majority who voted for them are either idiots or degenerates is quite frankly ridiculous and I'm afraid says more about you than it does them.

Judging by those people who I know who voted Conservative I'd say the vast majority of them have more or less the same desires and hopes to see a fair, just, prosperous and compassionate society....they just disagree about how best to go about achieving that.

For those of us who didn't vote Tory the challenge is to now to oppose those policies we feel are particularly divisive etc and to try change the system that seeks to maintain the status quo above the best interests of the British people for one that offers increased representation of the electorates wishes above those of a select elite.

Stop whining and start doing.

edit on 12/5/15 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Ummm...I voted For Tory...AND...Labor...That way I could be on both the winning...AND...whining team...

It's better to vote your conscience.............................right...?

YouSir

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I do, do things, thank you.

Just because I whined in a post doesn't mean I sit on my arse doing nothing about things like most people on this site. I have a very politically active YouTube channel that is growing and I have things planned in the pipeline.

Thanks for your concern though.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
For those who Didn't vote Conservative.

ifyoudidntvoteconservative.com...

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow would you look at that.

Under the last conservative government unemployment is now down to the lowest levels since 2008.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Under the last conservative government unemployment is now down to the lowest levels since 2008.

As you would expect coming out of a slump, it would be real surprising if they didn't.

Just like the slump in the early nineties, things started picking up a couple of years later. To take credit for the bottoming out of inflation was a bit rich also, as they had no control over the price of oil and this was ultimately the reason for inflation being so low over the last 3-4 months.

Never mind, snooping charter is back on the agenda and apparently it's all our fault for being such a passively tolerant society. We created extremism according to 'Our Dave'.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yet another person who eats up Tory lies. Have a look at how they count unemployed and mislead on the actual real figures. It doesn't look all that great in reality.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

Ah, so now the Office for National Statistics is a Tory mouthpiece? I suppose it was ok though when Labour where in power or was it a Labour mouthpiece then?

They really do have their claws in everywhere, don't they? /sarc

EDIT: As for how they count the unemployed - do you even know yourself or are you making assumptions? The method used is an international standard and certainly is not the way you think it is (I know you're assuming they are basing it solely off JSA claimant stats which are at the whims of political interference, which they don't)
edit on 13/5/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I never said anything about the ONS being a Tory mouthpiece! I never mentioned Labour either. I think you know exactly what I mean when I said Tory lies, not counting the silly back to work programme attendants, people who are sanctioned.

Then there's the massive increase in people supposedly self employed but who aren't really and are living on tax credits. many part time jobs, a lot of zero hour contracts.c

The figures from ONS may be right, but the real truth isn't anything to be so happy about.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You may find this video quite informative
Sargon of Akkad is considered to be very far right wing by many of his critics (his youtube channel will confirm his political stances).

He is, if one thing, intelligent in his debate. its certainly worth a watch, even just to see what a fellow conservative's concern is about the government.

Lets not confuse ideology with actions taken. I can say I am anti-kitten kicking, but if I am setting world record kicks with kitten kicking while saying that, its best to view the actions over hear the words.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Thanks for posting that video!

Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join