It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To everyone who voted conservative

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You're the one whining about me engaging in a discussion which I'm apparently not entitled to do because I've never in my life received a voting card. Quit baiting me.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

You baited yourself when you first made a big statement that you didn't vote for reasons that 'they are all bastards' or whatever, then changed it to life circumstances caused challenges in getting registered to vote, then finally admitting you have never registered.
You have the right to reply anywhere on ATS, it ain't my website, but bleating about the vote result is lame when you apparently make up your reasons for not voting as you go along.

Do I really have to spend ten minutes of my life going back to quote you? It is too late for you to edit anything so I'm happy to do so if you have a particular issue with me calling you out after reading your initial statements that you chose not to vote?
Which is it? I'm not sure what to believe about anything you say regarding UK politics now.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

It is absolutely beside the point. Four years ago I had no interest in politics but then Syria happened which is something of concern to every single one of us, without regard for the electoral system. If you are going to continue telling me that the opinions of abstainers are moot then, well... I suppose I'll have to refrain from breaching the forum rules. This is off-topic now.

edit on 12th May 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

What are you chatting about now? Syria happened? And how exactly did that pertain to your sudden interest in politics (despite not even bothering to register) and how exactly did "it" (whatever "it" is) happen without regard for the electoral system?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Conform or not to whichever ATS rules you wish...I care little.
A spoiled vote is recorded as a citizen who got off their arse to spoil their vote because of dissatisfaction or whatever.
A vote for a candidate is recorded as a vote for a candidate.
A failure to vote is recorded and thought of in political administrative circles as a member of our society who could not be arsed enough to walk to the nearest polling station (local school/church/whatever) to register their opinion.
Your failure to vote is disregarded with more disdain in political circles than a comedy cock drawn next to a candidates name on the ballot paper.

Your message was silence. I have a bad taste in my mouth thinking of such a non message ever being mine.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Conform or not to whichever ATS rules you wish...I care little.
A spoiled vote is recorded as a citizen who got off their arse to spoil their vote because of dissatisfaction or whatever.
A vote for a candidate is recorded as a vote for a candidate.
A failure to vote is recorded and thought of in political administrative circles as a member of our society who could not be arsed enough to walk to the nearest polling station (local school/church/whatever) to register their opinion.
Your failure to vote is disregarded with more disdain in political circles than a comedy cock drawn next to a candidates name on the ballot paper.

Your message was silence. I have a bad taste in my mouth thinking of such a non message ever being mine.

Agreed. As stated before we disagreed on our voting decisions as did many but I would choose you making what I believe to be the wrong choice over someone making no choice at all. I Imagine you would say the same.

How many times must it be said that if you do not vote then your right to complain becomes void?

It is not a complicated premise, in fact it is part of the process that leads to political change.

I am going to remove myself from following this thread as the imapct of other members banging there heads against a wall is making me dizzy.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I've already explained myself regarding the not voting. If I had a ballot paper then I'd have spoiled it, but I did not receive one. There is no reason to go over this again and again.

a reply to: stumason

Yes, it was about then I really began to understand that there are some seriously screwed up people in this world with no consideration for life. Then it gradually became obvious that there are serial offenders in our own government. Not the usual “I hate authority, politicians are dicks” kinda thing, but the “oh right, these guys are beyond redemption”. Why, oh why would I want to vote when we have nothing but psychopaths in power? There, now please don't probe me any further.

originally posted by: nonspecific

How many times must it be said that if you do not vote then your right to complain becomes void?

Fascism.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Well, that made no sense.

Considering that those "people in power" voted no to Military action in Syria, I am not sure what your angle is. Do you support military action in Syria?

And the whole "don't probe me further" just smacks of "I've been caught with my pants around my ankles, please don't point it out further"...

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VigiliaProcuratio
I've already explained myself regarding the not voting.
Lol no you didn't, just changed your tune as it suited you.
Remember you cannot edit anything now as you are out of time.
That makes me chuckle, but go ahead, slag down the system of democracy we have in the UK when you chose to not be part of it.
Lol

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I've already explained myself regarding the not voting. If I had a ballot paper then I'd have spoiled it, but I did not receive one. There is no reason to go over this again and again.

Yes, it was about then I really began to understand that there are some seriously screwed up people in this world with no consideration for life. Then it gradually became obvious that there are serial offenders in our own government. Not the usual “I hate authority, politicians are dicks” kinda thing, but the “oh right, these guys are beyond fascist”. Why, oh why would I want to vote when we have nothing but psychopaths in power? There, now please don't probe me any further.

Fascism.

Really?

That is what you consider Fascism?

My somewhat desperate plea for you to make your vote count as opposed to whinging on an internet forum and what you give in return is a single word?

Please explain how my post equals your response without blaming anyone or anything for the reasons you are not happy please?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Those we have in power today voted in favour of the motive. The Tories were very eager for Britain to officially enter into Syria and they didn't get what they wanted. I wonder why? It was Cameron with his pants around his ankles back in August 2013. He's a fascist tool. “Don't probe me” means exactly what it means, so do be careful to not expose yourself.

Anyway, like I said this is off-topic and it's full of political baiting.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I would choose you making what I believe to be the wrong choice over someone making no choice at all. I Imagine you would say the same.
I would.
I have respect for anyone who registers their disagreement with me or anything I stand for, either through their vote or even spoiling their vote.
Bleating on ATS after failing to present any opinion in the election, aside from not being arsed to do anything, has little sympathy from me.
edit on 12.5.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Those we have in power today voted in favour of the motive. The Tories were very eager for Britain to officially enter into Syria and they didn't get what they wanted. I wonder why? It was Cameron with his pants around his ankles back in August 2013. He's a fascist tool. “Don't probe me” means exactly what it means, so do be careful to not expose yourself.

Anyway, like I said this is off-topic and it's full of political baiting.

I would say that Syria is off topic unless you feel that you can justify your bringing this up.

Is it an issue? yes it is but an issue to be decided by the leading party of the nation concerned.

This is something that as you have admitted more than once is something that you made no effort to influence in any way.

If you can explain how you feel you have a right to comment on situations you made no effort to influence I would be happy to take this further.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Actually, not all of the Tories did vote for it, a good many either voted against or abstained.

For the record, had we got involved, it may well have headed off the huge loss of life we've seen so far as well as curtailing the rise of IS. It's hardly fascism, wanting to stop wholesale slaughter. In fact, the cry of "fascist" to something you don't like is just the war-cry of the far loony left - I wonder if you agree with what they did the other day on the War memorial?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Nice propaganda. ISIS were created specifically because the agenda in Syria was not, and is not, going to plan... and nor will it.

a reply to: nonspecific

So you continue to probe me. The ”leading party” are of no sound mind to decide anything when it comes to Syria, that has already been proven in no uncertain terms. I'll say no more on this matter because I'm suspecting that you already know exactly what this is about and it is a very serious problem for our National Security.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
I wonder if you agree with what they did the other day on the War memorial?
I wonder the same.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nice propaganda. ISIS were created specifically because the agenda in Syria was not, and is not, going to plan.

So you continue to probe me. The ”leading party” are of no sound mind to decide anything when it comes to Syria, that has already been proven in no uncertain terms. I'll say no more on this matter because I'm suspecting that you already know exactly what this is about and it is a very serious problem for our National Security.

I assure that that I have no idea as to your allusions as to what I do or do not know but respectfully accept your decision to refrain from any further comment on this issue.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Same, lame...nite's for now lol

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Hmmm - I'm not sure if you're familiar with the way ATS or message boards work, but I am free to "probe" whomever I like. It is, of course, your right to decide to reply, but if you do so, you'd better be talking sense not the ramblings that appear to be going on now...

On that note, I bow out, for now.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Hmmm - I'm not sure if you're familiar with the way ATS or message boards work, but I am free to "probe" whomever I like. It is, of course, your right to decide to reply, but if you do so, you'd better be talking sense not the ramblings that appear to be going on now...

On that note, I bow out, for now.

It is starting to look thike the tv show Dragons den.

"and for that reason, I'm out..."

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join