It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Alert test in my city, this has never happened before

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I don't really want to say where I live, I don't live in US, I live in western country, definitely NATO member.

I am almost 40 and this was first emergency alert test on radio and television I've seen.

Screen went red and bunch of beeps and message started scrolling, emergency alert test. It only lasted for 1 minute or so, my FM station had it at the same time. This was at 3 in the morning my time, so majority didn't notice.

I am all for preparedness, but world we live in is not so clear cut and dry. I can't help but think that western governments know something is coming. Debt reset, war, or maybe natural phenomena, or false flags.

OR HOW ABOUT, all of the above, they don't like wasting crisis.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TorinoFer

In the USA, we have one once a month on both radio and tele. It's pretty common here. From what I heard the English and French do as well. Could be that as the local station upgrades there equipment there having to perform them. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Camain

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
A little late not to be identfying your country.
"Canada is hurting from being a U.S. doggy".
If they haven't had a test alert in your locality before, then that, in itself,is a good reason for holding one.
If a real emergency came up, and nothing had been tested, people would be blaming them for negligence.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
pfffft. We have them once a month. It's been like this for decades.
On 9/11 they failed to utilize the alert system. Go figure.
You had an alert test. Good.
It's about time your country caught up with the reality that it's needed.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

They're kind of useless when the warheads will only be 5-8 minutes away. The elite are told first so they can get away while the roads are not congested.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

There not used for the warheads, there used for after they fail. Ham radio operators should still be in business and they can relay info, as well as any u damaged electronics on generator. There not there to warn you before hand cause like you said, you got 10 minutes to get out of nyc, etc. what is 20 million people going to do when a blast if 50 miles. They can out run it, all the can do is die.

Further there use in actual emergencies suck as tornadoes, floods, and hurricanes. They have other uses too.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The emergency alert system to my knowledge, has primarily been used for incliment weather like tornadoes.

I'm sure it could be used for warheads headed at us , but it's just a system set up to reach large numbers of people to warn them of a widespread dangerous condition. I've seen it used for winter storm alerts, thunderstorms, etc.

They do tests midday and late night so to avoid bugging most people with that awful alarm tone. Nothing to worry about, methinks.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

i don't know where you live in the U.S.. but here where i'm at in fl, we have them at least two or three time a week on tv and at least one a week on the radio. tv is mostly late at night, radio happens at all times even in the middle of the day.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Debt reset, war, or maybe natural phenomena, or false flags.

No.
No.
Could be.
No.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

the EAS is designed to be used for any kind of emergency that may arise.

from the FCC site.

The Emergency Alert System is a national public warning system that requires TV and radio broadcasters, cable television systems, wireless cable systems, satellite digital audio radio service providers, direct broadcast satellite service providers and wireline video service providers to offer to the President the communications capability to address the American public during a national emergency. The system also may be used by state and local authorities to deliver important emergency information such as AMBER (missing children) alerts and emergency weather information targeted to a specific area.

Emergency Alert System (EAS)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

i don't know where you live in the U.S.. but here where i'm at in fl, we have them at least two or three time a week on tv and at least one a week on the radio. tv is mostly late at night, radio happens at all times even in the middle of the day.

Here in Ga. where I am at depending on your cable provider you could have more than one a day, and I even get them with satellite radio.

Really get's annoying when it happens in the middle of whatever your watching, or listening to.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Welcome to the world. We get emergency testing for each and every tv channel once a week. Most in the dead of night but sometimes in the day too. It's actually good to know that if you're near a tv you will be informed of any emergency.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Don't you see it as a sign of progress that they are able to alert you if needed? Yes they're aware just like all of us are aware that emergencies happen. Disasters happen. It's not precognition. They don't know something we don't know. We all know it. It's simple common sense. It's going to happen. So best be ready. This system saves lives. How's that for a move from the big bad man who wants our numbers reduced? Kind of self defeating to the new world order no?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They did a test of the old air raid sirens in North Vancouver a couple of decades ago. Everyone was warned in advance so that no one would panic, they worked, and all was well.
They also used to do the televised emergency broadcast system often, but I haven't seen it in years.
Disasters happen, they need to know the systems to alert people will actually alert people.
These days they ask people to get the apps for our cell phones for emergency alerts.
I have Alberta Blizzard/Tornado Watch for weather systems, and there's something else that tells of all grass fires, serious accidents, train derailment, etc

And yes, they do know that something is coming, just not what or when. Volcanoes, fires, floods, etc.
Could be anything at anytime.
edit on 10-5-2015 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I do live in the United States...in Seattle, Washington and last week I got up early (as usual) and turned on the TV getting into my usual morning routine...and an EAS test came on the TV...nothing unusual about that it happens once a month...but this time it was different...because after the first test...there were 2 more right after it...which made me pause and think...ok this is another red flag.

Russia, China, North Korea and Iran are in bed together...red flag.

Jade-Helm 15 along the Mexican border states and cities...red flag.

In Mexico...Arab soldiers training; supposedly in secret...red flag.

North Korea testing nukes...red flag.

All of the United States military bases and really all of the U.S. on (bravo) alert...red flag.

CNN reporting we are in more danger now than after 9/11...red flag.

The FBI saying they cannot protect all of us...red flag.

I feel it is time to get extra supplies together; something major is going to happen I feel intuitively by next year.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

They're kind of useless when the warheads will only be 5-8 minutes away. The elite are told first so they can get away while the roads are not congested.

Because a nuclear attack is the only type of disaster that can happen.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

…they don't like wasting crisis.

But like generating them. It worked, you heard it and brought it here, so we could all 'share' the alarm.

Ultimately they want war and you have been warned, so just go with it.

Sarcasm off.

The irony is apparent in our countries 911. There was no warning, the system was useless, all the "testing and preparedness" came to naught. The system of terror alert level color bars that arose afterwards was even more laughable.

When the real crap flies you won't be forewarned either. But they'll use the "emergency warnings" to incite terror in your heart in the mean time.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
That would be interesting to hear and see some of those alert messages
news.gc.ca...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
This is a standard test performed regularly in many countries, it could be that you've just never noticed it before.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
The emergency alert system to my knowledge, has primarily been used for incliment weather like tornadoes.

I'm sure it could be used for warheads headed at us , but it's just a system set up to reach large numbers of people to warn them of a widespread dangerous condition. I've seen it used for winter storm alerts, thunderstorms, etc.

They do tests midday and late night so to avoid bugging most people with that awful alarm tone. Nothing to worry about, methinks.

We have been getting Emergency Alerts all week long and 3 today so far. But I live in North Texas and we've been having tornadoes, floods, straight-line winds, you name it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join