It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G'day from Aussie

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Great to meet you finally looking forward to meeting you in person one day. I have a big backyard of a 100acres in the hills.
Just got to get my dad to buy me a telescope and a chair.
You are welcome to vist here anytime you want Thanxx for your support. Best wishers gg.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

You make me laugh it's great to meet you and be on ATS.
Thanxx gg

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Pleasure to meet you mr mask. Thanxx for your kind words. I do look forward to conversing on ATS.
I am a aussie and very proud of it. So I will inject some aussie flavour into any conversation.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

leolady

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Why yes I'm true blue mate. We have many Roos here. They compete with the choos for the best bits of feed. I do like roo steak on the BBQ. Cheers and dads beers gg.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Hi leolady I'm not like that griaffe but Thanxx anyway. The pic made me laugh
Gg

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mwsmith

Cheers mwsmith. I'm an Aussie dudette kind regared gg.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GiraffeGirl

Made these for you if you want them, If not find us artists HERE and get the whole team working for you

Cody

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiraffeGirl

Great to meet you finally looking forward to meeting you in person one day. I have a big backyard of a 100acres in the hills.
Just got to get my dad to buy me a telescope and a chair.
You are welcome to vist here anytime you want Thanxx for your support. Best wishers gg.

Thank you.
Australia is definitely on my to-do list and has been since I was a High School sophomore when I took the Swinburne University Online Astronomy short course (you should tots look into it if they still offer it!).

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: cody599

Hi Cody. They are beautiful, may I have the frist one thanxx.
I really like it, and, can you show me how to make this my avatar. I really like it and Thanxx again for takeing the time to make it for me. It make me so happy.
Kind regards gg.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Dear jadestar, Thanxx, please come to Australia and I will show you those great spots for Astormony in the Southern Hemisphere.
You are most welcome here,
Kind regards gg.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: GiraffeGirl

No worries it was fun to make

As for making it your avatar just follow these instructions, If these aren't clear enough go HERE for further help. I have to shoot out soon but I'll check back later.

You need an 'invisible' avatar, which is what gives the 'background' it's length

Here's one that you may use: You can't see it but trust me it's there, save it and upload it, it will appear as a black square.
-------------------------------
-----------------------------------

Save the invisible avi and set it as your 'Avatar' the guy second from the right

Then your actual image (your giraffe) is your 'Background' the square on the right

Hope this helps.....

Cody

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiraffeGirl

Dear jadestar, Thanxx, please come to Australia and I will show you those great spots for Astormony in the Southern Hemisphere.
You are most welcome here,
Kind regards gg.

Well I'm working on recommending a good starter telescope to your dad so who knows, by the time I make it to Australia you will already be deeply exploring the Southern Skies.

BTW: here are four very cool pieces of free software which you may fall in love with (I know I did).

The first you may already have, it's called Stellarium and it basically allows you to put a location in and see the sky from that location. You can also change the date to see how the sky looked or will look on a certain time. And you can even connect your future telescope to it so you can select an object and the telescope finds it for you:

Stellarium

The second is Celestia, which is similar to Stellarium but it's a 3-D universe. You can see the sky not only as it would appear on Earth but visit other objects in the solar system and beyond:

Celestia

The third is NASA's Eyes on Exoplanets, 20 years ago the first planet around a normal star like our Sun was discovered and confirmed in October of 1995 (the 6 months after I was born!). Since then astronomers have made over 5,400 planet discoveries and have confirmed over 1,800 planets! NASA's Eyes on Exoplanets allows you to explore them:

NASA/JPL Eyes on Exoplanets

The next is called Space Engine (because it is the engine of a future video game) but in many ways it similar to Celestia just a LOT more beautiful, it contains both real and procedural (computer generated)objects which you can turn off. It is a universe simulator/sandbox developed by a genius programmer in Russia.

It contains most of the current exoplanets as well:

Space Engine

If you have any questions on any of the above apps let me know, I'm pretty familiar with all of them (i've used Eyes, Celestia and Space Engine for visualization of some astronomy concepts I've taught to kids at summer camp)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join