It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion rocks nuclear power plant in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

A large explosion has rocked the Indian Point nuclear plant in upstate New York, the facility's management reported.
Entergy Corporation, the company running the plant, said the affected parts of the facility were "safely shut down" and in "safe and stable condition" after a transformer failure on Saturday.

Indian Point Energy Center is a three-unit nuclear power plant located in Buchanan, New York just south of Peekskill. The plant on the east bank of the Hudson river is located 61km north of New York City.
Residents in the vicinity of the plant reported the explosion and said they saw a 200m high fire ball over facility.

Explosion rocks nuclear power plant in New York

Thankfully everything is fine according to the facility operators. Not sure as of yet what was the cause of this incident. if you ask me though, I believe this may have been the result of a cyber attack against our infrastructure. We will have to wait until morning to hear about this on MSM though, as its only being picked up by the ALTS at this time.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Just a transformer
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Just a transformer

This time

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
dude seriously, this search engine sucks balls. I will alert them myself.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If anyone ever saw a transformer explodes especially at night, it can be insanely bright. That occuring in a nuke station could cause panic!!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
...I believe this may have been the result of a cyber attack against our infrastructure.

Why would you believe that when your own source states that it was a transformer? Transformers can and do explode, rather often, actually.

If this were a "cyber attack against our infrastructure", then we have nothing to worry about, because clearly, the terrorists are comedically and absolutely incompetent.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I found another pic.

Hopefully this transformer blowing did not cause any major damage.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

Probably gonna blame Iran or North Korea as usual...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Aren't power plants on a closed network?

Or has that changed over the years....

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

A large explosion has rocked the Indian Point nuclear plant in upstate New York, the facility's management reported.
Entergy Corporation, the company running the plant, said the affected parts of the facility were "safely shut down" and in "safe and stable condition" after a transformer failure on Saturday.
e.

How many tons of 'spent' waste is piled up around these nuclear plants? They would not be ticking time bombs would they?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It was just a transformer going, but it was loud and bright and probably scared a bunch of people.

It's especially (not) fun when it happens at night.

NYS had some thunderstorm action last night and this happened within the nuclear compound. No biggie.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread below:

Thank you. Thread closed

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Please add to the existing thread below:

Thank you. Thread closed

new topics

top topics