It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Bye Bye sad life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:15 PM
Ummm...I wonder how many might consider giving voice to converse with honesty and lay before the human conscience true emotion...or merely truth itself...not cloistered or covered by unspoken taboo against revealing too much of such honest converse...

Well my friends...I am not a creature of PC or concerned with facial salvation...for what it's worth...I write to assuage that guilt by association from being found a part of and not apart from...

Bye Bye

I stood upon the shore and gazed to sea
So twilight falls as though to distract me
Lays her beauty scant upon the air
Enticing yet I could not find her there

So ends this day a gentle lowing sigh
Ring off the air this phantom loons lorn cry
Whose echoes fade as if they had a choice
I late realize that I had given voice

Sad I stood upon that lonely shore
With heaving chest as though to bear no more
My tears fall slow like mist to join the tide
Alone the wind the water know I cried

Yet there before me with the final ray
A poignancy that drew my soul away
I fly to join the twilight's soft caress
Bye Bye sad life I do not love you less

Everyone has thoughts like these...yet they never seem to become part of social conversation...let them not remain locked behind the teeth...there is common ground...There...IS common ground...We have all been there...yet ever seem to think we are alone in the heart of moment such as this...

We're not alone...I'm not alone...Your not alone...maybe they're only pixels and poorly chosen words...but it is connection...

edit on 9-5-2015 by YouSir because: of an annoying lack of space...

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
Yes, we do feel alone. But we aren't, and you are a master with your words through whih you conveyed your message.

This shouldn't be taboo, but it is. It's dark and many want to shove it under the rug.

I have often felt so utterly forsaken, knowing logically that so many suffered likewise.
edit on 9-5-2015 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
a reply to: YouSir

This was what I was listening to when I opened your post..seems to fit it quite well..could just be me though..beautiful work..Thank you for posting it..

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:24 PM
Are you alone when you bring happiness to those around you and leaving them would make you sad, ruin their lives and ruin everything, so despite depression you wear the mask and live the life watching what could be so good drive away?

Or do you roll the dice and find out it wasnt good and in reality you just lost the only good thing.

Or do you roll the dice and realise that your in a much better place?

I chose the mask, im about to have to chose the mask again, seven years later, I still, every day think of the one that drove away, now at least it will have company in my head.

Nice poem!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:03 AM
a reply to: blend57

Hey blend - long time ...

That was a very apt piece indeed !

@ OP - nicely composed !

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:41 AM
Shame twilights beauty wasn't enough. Strange how sometimes it is and sometimes it doesn't. Even still, it's always better to share it with someone. Thanks for sharing. S&F.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:35 AM
Wow! Awesome! Love this!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:48 AM
Many people feel that their situation is enough to drive them to suicide.

However, remember, that usually most situations (even those with no light at the end of the tunnel) will end eventually, and even though it seems as though your current situation pushes you to do something, instead of ending everything, please, just ask for help.

You may think that no one is available to help you, but lots of folks are out there that can help with many issues, please take advantage of them.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:09 AM

If we can feel it, it is because it a part of the human condition and therefore 'normal'...whatever it is. Is that comforting or discomfiting?! I'm not sure, when you take the potential full spectrum of human behaviour into account. But it is true what you say, you're never alone in your feelings.

They're only pixels and beautifully chosen words - thank you for connecting.

B x

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
a reply to: chelsdh

Ummm...Thank you chelsdh...The forsaken...I...was ever only so within the constructs of my own mind...I think your right...

These are dark places...where the weight of sorrow seems to quash the light of seems that such a small a strangers smile...or the sound of shameless laughter...miraculous can stir a like response and be that bridge out of nowhere...

I posted this poem so that I might start this conversation...

I posted this poem so that others might join and hopeful...see that they are never alone...even if there is only one small voice calling soft..............I well.......I care...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:00 PM
a reply to: blend57

Ummm...Blend...I wonder how it is that I have never heard that wonderful music before...I miss playing the piano...

In my home town my favorite place was the library and in one room they have a baby grand...I used to go there as a child and let my soul flow out across the keys...I only played my own melodies...whatever ushered out from's funny...I would wake from whatever trance like state the music would create and find people sitting quite...listening...weeping...smiling...

I'm glad that you decided to become part of this conversation...and honored you would find some wonder in my simple words...

Thank you

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:16 PM
I think there is real beauty in not censoring our thoughts allowing the poetry of our soul to flow out is most important.
No matter how we feel ...
When expressed in words it connects with those who feel the same
And as such that sense of loneliness is shared ... and we no longer feel so alone

Indeed it is a great premise for poetry ... honesty of feelings

Great poem ... wonderful thread

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:30 PM
a reply to: Forensick

Ummm...We are never alone Forensick...Those that drive away...are driven...much as those from whom they flee...

It's strange that we would call a mask...the enclosures we build around our hearts...bricked there by that mason...self
Personally I think defense mechanisms are over rated...

If your preparing to wear a mask again...are you sure you might not be placing it over the one previously worn...?

Thank you for visiting here...I want to extend a hand and even though all I have to offer are thought and friendship...
I hope you are well and you might find joy...and that happiness follow you all of your days...

edit on 10-5-2015 by YouSir because: of three little .'s

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:34 PM
a reply to: Timely

Ummm...Thank you Timely...Perhaps some might find this poem exactly that...Timely...and well met...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:44 PM

edit on 10-5-2015 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:50 AM
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Ummm...Actually the beauty cast by twilight must have been enough...With the exception of the last two lines this is a true story...If I visualize that scene again I can almost feel the salt waters of the Pacific swirl around my feet...

Thank you Rosinitiate...for sharing here as well...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:06 AM
a reply to: Night Star

Ummm...I'm humbled Night Star...Even though experience such as this is unselfish consideration which leads one beyond these moments...

I hope that you are well...and am glad to be in the company of friends...amazing to me that these seemingly small things are such fulcrum influence they can lever us out of dark's embrace...

such complexity in even the smallest consideration...simply amazing...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:59 PM
a reply to: babybunnies

Ummm...Thank you for your concern babybunnies...This poem was about a moment in my life that is now fortunately many years in the past...I did find the strength to walk back that moment...

What helped me then was family, friendship, and Zen Buddhism...although that is another story...
My aim here is to simply open the door to others that may have experienced or are experiencing such as what I have written...and hope that they might do as your wise words help...TALK about it and open their hearts to the realization that millions upon millions of people whom they might never have great concern for the well being of a stranger...

That to me is the real miracle of life...the compassion of those that ask nothing and would only wish you well...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:14 PM
a reply to: beansidhe

Ummm...Hello's nice to read your voice again...I agree on the normality of emotional angst...
The part I refuse to come to terms with is the stigma attached by society to those suffering under the enormity of loss...

To me it's like those "save the children" shows...It's much safer to cruise on by that channel and push such realization from the fore of conscience...another defense mechanism...

Thank you BeanSidhe...for part of that connection as well...and for your kind regards...

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 05:05 PM

As if we don't all feel it? As if it's only the weak, or the strange or the no'-quite-right? I know, and I share your sentiments hugely. I work with children and teenagers who have experienced trauma and this is what I tell them too, just as you said - this is normal! It's ok!

Always a pleasure to talk with you, Sir (tee hee) and the book I was trying to remember last time we spoke, but failed dismally, was 'The Secret Garden' (Frances Hodgson Burnett). I've been meaning to tell you that for ages!

Hope all is good with you,

B x

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>